Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Make badges useable for Forum profile?

GeeGeeGeeGee Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I sent a msg to support as (stupidly) I thought I could use it as a forum profile badge, and didn't think mine was working. Adam kindly suggested I should put it up here and see what you guys thought? Maybe just click your badge and it allows you to select it for profile pic...

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    The badges are very vanilla looking but if there is a specific point of pride people would like to showcase with a badge it should be available.
  • Options
    Caww wrote: »
    The badges are very vanilla looking but if there is a specific point of pride people would like to showcase with a badge it should be available.

Seems like having some more purpose to them woulda be preferable but yes, I agree. You can probably find something more personal or suitable for your own tastes. 👍
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Badges are pointless in my opinion. I've been on enough forums to know that even a group of morons can farm badges and likes either solo (multiple accounts) or with a group of like minded individuals. They mean nothing to me when I see a profile or user with them.

Why not just copy the picture of your badge in your profile for user image if it means that much to you..
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would need to start posting many more posts around here if this becomes the case. Gotta collect all them achievements
  • Options
    Badges are pointless in my opinion. I've been on enough forums to know that even a group of morons can farm badges and likes either solo (multiple accounts) or with a group of like minded individuals. They mean nothing to me when I see a profile or user with them.

Why not just copy the picture of your badge in your profile for user image if it means that much to you..

It was just a thought man, I'm not losing sleep over it. As I said in original post, Adam suggested it maybe worth putting something here.

No idea why you seem so hostile about a simple suggestion. Why not just move on rather than reply if it makes you so irritated?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    GeeGee wrote: »

It was just a thought man, I'm not losing sleep over it. As I said in original post, Adam suggested it maybe worth putting something here.

No idea why you seem so hostile about a simple suggestion. Why not just move on rather than reply if it makes you so irritated?

hostile? no.

You're putting your own imaginative tone on it. :smile:
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I really dont see the point in this at all.

Forum badges are the definition of meaningless.

If you really wanted to use one as youe avatar, nothing is stopping you from doing so.
  • Options
    I sent a msg to support as (stupidly) I thought I could use it as a forum profile badge, and didn't think mine was working. Adam kindly suggested I should put it up here and see what you guys thought? Maybe just click your badge and it allows you to select it for profile pic...

What do you guys think?

probs just take a screenshot and do some photoshop magic xD
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Are you saying you'd like to make your forum badges your profile picture? Or do you want them displayed differently on your profile?
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Are you saying you'd like to make your forum badges your profile picture? Or do you want them displayed differently on your profile?

Hello 👋 The original post was a question as to whether anyone thought it would be better if you could just click your badge/badges and you would get an option to use the badge as a forum profile picture. Simply to make the process a little less convoluted if you did want to use it....

It didn't seem very popular in the comments lol. 😂
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Vaknar wrote: »

Hello 👋 The original post was a question as to whether anyone thought it would be better if you could just click your badge/badges and you would get an option to use the badge as a forum profile picture. Simply to make the process a little less convoluted if you did want to use it....

It didn't seem very popular in the comments lol. 😂

What it comes down to, at least to me, is whether this shiuld be something Intrepid spend time on, or you spend time on.

In my opinion, Intrepid shouldnt spend time on this as it brings them no real value.

If it was something that was set up by the forum software company (I assume still Vanilla forums?) and so it was just a checkbox for Intrepid, sure. However, if it is something anyone needs to spend even an hour on, it is not something I think they should bother with.