Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

11 chars

since im gonna need 11 accounts to get all professions properly leveled is that something we will be able to do?

Comments

• Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    It is a game you sub to, so that could be costly. I'm not sure if alts would be a better option. That's not a part of the game I paid attention to. I'm normally a one character guy. EQ1 days, I used to multi box but I just don't have the time for that myself :)
  • Options
    warstmwarstm Member
    well alts would be nice for sure but not seen mention of it really anywhere if i have to get 11 accounts tho then so be it i guess hopefully multiboxing is allowed otherwise gonna be a real pain in the ass lol
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Multi-boxing

Enjoy your pain in the ass. Or alternatively you could just be social :)
  • Options
    warstmwarstm Member
    everyone says that but like number 1 problem in mmo's is finding friends to play with lol and also point of having all professions isnt a social issue its a gold issue and recourses i dont wanna pay some clown 500 gold to make a bow when i already have mats but cant cuz i dont have profession then theres dungeons yea let me just grab idk 20 or 50 people or whatever it is togethor real quick decide loot rules make sure everyone gets something theres no in fighting ect yea rather just do it my self or sell dungeon runs for people but thats ""just me no one else thinks like that im sure im a outlier in that regard"" being social is a skill most people dont do if your not a twitch streamer or some person with a natural pull your never gonna get mayor status your never gonna be head of a guild or have a giant group of people to help you and work togethor so your stuck as always with your self and maybe 1 or 2 friends thats just how it is for most people at least how i see it anyways
  • Options
    warstmwarstm Member
    i mean new world has been cutting servers all year and still in a server with over 3k people you cant que for a dungeon becuase no one wants to play with randoms lol i dont think this is gonna be any diff once main groups clear the dungeons they will be dead un que able content like every other game only way your doing it is with friends you dont have or your alts
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Sounds like Massive Multiplayer games are not for you then. This will not be a solo experience.
  • Options
    warstmwarstm Member
    i mean i hope thats true lol
  • Options
    This game is just not social on the crafting front. Collecting crafting goods. Transporting goods. This list of ways you need teams and friends in this game is very long.
  • Options
    warstmwarstm Member
    i just feel like its gonna start out that way and then theres gonna be a train of people complaining they cant play game cuz theres to few nodes or that 2 guilds control the whole map ect and after 6 months of that they will cave and change it so small groups or solos have a chance there hasnt been a single mmo where large groups are the only method for progression be the only method forever at least i think i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats the case i mean even in black desert they have instanced areas now becuase of the over crowding i just dont see how locking up a map between a few streams on twitch will be viable mmo
  • Options
    warstmwarstm Member
    also asmongold like really think he wont just take over everything if he can or some other big streamer i just dont see this working
  • Options
    warstm wrote: »
    i just feel like its gonna start out that way and then theres gonna be a train of people complaining they cant play game cuz theres to few nodes or that 2 guilds control the whole map ect and after 6 months of that they will cave and change it so small groups or solos have a chance there hasnt been a single mmo where large groups are the only method for progression be the only method forever at least i think i could be wrong but im pretty sure thats the case i mean even in black desert they have instanced areas now becuase of the over crowding i just dont see how locking up a map between a few streams on twitch will be viable mmo

Features are easy to change unless that feature is weaved into many of the games systems and mechanics. Group play touches everything. Right down to the class dynamics. Sure you will be able to solo on some levels but that will be very restrictive.
  • Options
    warstmwarstm Member
    yea just have to wait and see i guess ether way im still hype to play idc how long it takes i want every skill grandmaster someday solo
  • Options
    yea just have to wait and see i guess ether way im still hype to play idc how long it takes i want every skill grandmaster someday solo

I would push and get player support for more masters on one char. I could see in time IS adding more.
  • Options
    everyone says that but like number 1 problem in mmo's is finding friends to play with lol and also point of having all professions isnt a social issue its a gold issue and recourses i dont wanna pay some clown 500 gold to make a bow when i already have mats but cant cuz i dont have profession then theres dungeons yea let me just grab idk 20 or 50 people or whatever it is togethor real quick decide loot rules make sure everyone gets something theres no in fighting ect yea rather just do it my self or sell dungeon runs for people but thats ""just me no one else thinks like that im sure im a outlier in that regard"" being social is a skill most people dont do if your not a twitch streamer or some person with a natural pull your never gonna get mayor status your never gonna be head of a guild or have a giant group of people to help you and work togethor so your stuck as always with your self and maybe 1 or 2 friends thats just how it is for most people at least how i see it anyways

a friend wont charge u gold for pressing E on an npc xD

anyways u dont need 11 accounts, u just need 5, and 5 freeholds xD u will need 11 characters though
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've found it isn't hard to make friends if you are friendly.

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Why are you asking for a single player crafting game in an mmorpg forum?

qf5qrbxylek7.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    well alts would be nice for sure but not seen mention of it really anywhere
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alts

everyone says that but like number 1 problem in mmo's is finding friends to play with
    This link may help you: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/aoc-guild-recruitment

i mean new world has been cutting servers all year and still in a server with over 3k people you cant que for a dungeon becuase no one wants to play with randoms
    They're probably playing with friends instead - see above link
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    ThokanThokan Member
    The game is designed for you to be properly leveled in your professions. The game just isnt designed for you to be max leveled in all the professions. You have a personal view of crafting that goes wholly against the game's view. You are gonna have a real hard time to level all them to max. Near impossible. You will give up before you do so, because it is pointless.

It will however be much easier for you to walk up to a player built stall and buy gear.

Moreover, I refuse to believe you are too socially inept to type in /say "Hey, mind if I join?" and then press accept on your screen when you walk past a open world dungeon in progress.

I guess people, especially young people, have no other frame of reference for MMO gaming than live-service single player games that are MMOs only in name. Thinking that "being social" is an occupation. It's not. It's a natural state of being. The game and community will amaze you, Im sure.
  • Options

Honestly it's not that difficult at all to find people to do it for free, just join a guild, be part of their discord, talk to people :)

Even here in the forum you can find some people recruiting players already, you can also find on reddit, youtube etc... Many guilds are formed already to play ashes, just find the one that you fit the most
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Honestly, join a crafting guild and donate the monies for the ten other accounts to a children’s hospital. 🤗
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    KorelaKorela Member
    Lil bro thinks 11 accounts is enough :)
  • Options
    since im gonna need 11 accounts to get all professions properly leveled is that something we will be able to do?
    i mean new world has been cutting servers all year and still in a server with over 3k people you cant que for a dungeon becuase no one wants to play with randoms lol I dont think this is gonna be any diff once main groups clear the dungeons they will be dead un que able content like every other game only way your doing it is with friends you dont have or your alts

This reads like your #1 Problem is playing the massively multiplayer part of the MMORPG genre, which is the major part of the whole experience.

- Finding friends to play with?
    -> Find a guild that does the same things you like to do and helps you with the parts of the content you are restricted to do with one character. You can raise multiple alt chars on one account if you have the time anyway to do all or most of the professions btw.
    I just don't know how many alts are possible for release.

- Those clowns to pay are your "friends" you gonna play with... or rather foes if you call them clowns... ;)
    -> Try to be friendly, yes that's possible in a game... on the internet... these days...

- Outler?
    -> No the majority of the MMORPG players think or play that way because companies formed us into the most unreliable, instant gratification, brainless, unsocial, single players ever... Ashes will fix that and if you can't be fixed it's not really my problem as a clown I will laugh for days over hilarious jokes like this. :)

- So no Twitch Streamer is social...
    -> The world doesn't split into content creators and consumers if that is what you try to tell me here... wtf, delusional syndromes anyone? I like me some Dark Flame Master! xD
    https://c.tenor.com/xPBkRUze-PoAAAAd/tenor.gif

( Small Rika is stupid and cute tho, the perfect mix... °_^ :D )
    https://c.tenor.com/3tRm-m6dyJoAAAAd/tenor.gif

- Forever alone, when not being the lead player of anything?!
    -> Here's my tip. Since you seem like an introverted person, don't fool yourself you have to be an extrovert.
    Do your own stuff at your own pace and everything will fit together perfectly for you IN TIME! Don't rush stuff you are not capable of (for now if it really is what you want to do, but it's impossible anyway with that mindset, no one will follow you if you've already given up on being social, harsh but real)

You can't name Ashes Of Creation and New World together in one sentence and hope it makes sense...
    This game is not and never will be out of pre-alpha...

nanfoodle wrote: »
    I would push and get player support for more masters on one char. I could see in time IS adding more.

Nope, not without diminishing returns.
    They would rather only make one artisan class able to achieve the grandmaster's mastery than the other way around.

If you can do everything, you need no one and the world will be empty once everything has been done... Meaningful choices, social dependency, scarcity of materials, and gear that breaks over time build up cycles of gameplay for us. Rivalry and friction because we can't get everything isn't something to fear... it's content.

End note:

If the most important pillar of AoC's game design "social interaction and dependency" isn't your cup of tea then this isn't a game for you. You can play solo and try to hardcore your way through the game, but you will probably miss out even more if you do so and diminish your overall experience before you leave the game cursing over not being fed 100% catered content by Intrepid.
    q79i8hmfb0bk.png
  • Options
    Scarctic wrote: »

I meant: "Noone else than Twitch Streamers are social."

I misspoke there... :D
    q79i8hmfb0bk.png
  • Options
    ScarcticScarctic Member
    edited January 2
    Thokan wrote: »
    I guess people, especially young people, have no other frame of reference for MMO gaming than live-service single player games that are MMOs only in name. Thinking that "being social" is an occupation. It's not. It's a natural state of being. The game and community will amaze you, Im sure.

I just imagined Steven reading this passage out loud. :D

st4k3gg7ga83.png
    q79i8hmfb0bk.png
  • Options
    warstmwarstm Member
    well shit thats alot but i guess yall got a point ill probably join a guild after its actually playable q3 i guess but still of mind there shouldnt be a reason one player cant have all the skills just seems unreasonable to expect that its impossible i have no idea what end game will really be like especially after launch but be interesting to see how it all plays out i dont have anything against it being a social mmo im just skeptical that its possible im not saying that in context of guilds ect i mean as a function of the whole game where say a server in order to function will require more then 1 or 2 guilds to actually do things or everything for that matter but none the less i guess this all just a theory ill have to wait regardless to see how it plays out but ty for feed back
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Thokan wrote: »
    The game is designed for you to be properly leveled in your professions. The game just isnt designed for you to be max leveled in all the professions. You have a personal view of crafting that goes wholly against the game's view. You are gonna have a real hard time to level all them to max. Near impossible. You will give up before you do so, because it is pointless.

It will however be much easier for you to walk up to a player built stall and buy gear.

Moreover, I refuse to believe you are too socially inept to type in /say "Hey, mind if I join?" and then press accept on your screen when you walk past a open world dungeon in progress.

Interesting quote! The last paragraph is insightful. I think you're right in that people are generally inherently social. Having a game structured around this idea might be new for some folks, but ultimately, multiplayer games would be nothing without... other players!

Anecdote for ya: I was playing an MMORPG the other night, and pug'd a spot in a guild's group. Sometimes this goes great, other times not so much. I'm also hesitant to join a guild's discord call for PUG groups, but I want to be there for shot calls. Ultimately, it was a great time, and they invited me into the guild! I'll be raiding again with them later this week lol.

It sounds hard, but you may find it can be easy if you try! <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Scarctic wrote: »
    i mean new world has been cutting servers all year and still in a server with over 3k people you cant que for a dungeon becuase no one wants to play with randoms lol I dont think this is gonna be any diff once main groups clear the dungeons they will be dead un que able content like every other game only way your doing it is with friends you dont have or your alts

This reads like your #1 Problem is playing the massively multiplayer part of the MMORPG genre, which is the major part of the whole experience.

- Finding friends to play with?
    -> Find a guild that does the same things you like to do and helps you with the parts of the content you are restricted to do with one character. You can raise multiple alt chars on one account if you have the time anyway to do all or most of the professions btw.
    I just don't know how many alts are possible for release.

- Those clowns to pay are your "friends" you gonna play with... or rather foes if you call them clowns... ;)
    -> Try to be friendly, yes that's possible in a game... on the internet... these days...

- Outler?
    -> No the majority of the MMORPG players think or play that way because companies formed us into the most unreliable, instant gratification, brainless, unsocial, single players ever... Ashes will fix that and if you can't be fixed it's not really my problem as a clown I will laugh for days over hilarious jokes like this. :)

-> The world doesn't split into content creators and consumers if that is what you try to tell me here... wtf, delusional syndromes anyone? I like me some Dark Flame Master! xD
    https://c.tenor.com/xPBkRUze-PoAAAAd/tenor.gif

( Small Rika is stupid and cute tho, the perfect mix... °_^ :D )
    https://c.tenor.com/3tRm-m6dyJoAAAAd/tenor.gif

- Forever alone, when not being the lead player of anything?!
    -> Here's my tip. Since you seem like an introverted person, don't fool yourself you have to be an extrovert.
    Do your own stuff at your own pace and everything will fit together perfectly for you IN TIME! Don't rush stuff you are not capable of (for now if it really is what you want to do, but it's impossible anyway with that mindset, no one will follow you if you've already given up on being social, harsh but real)

You can't name Ashes Of Creation and New World together in one sentence and hope it makes sense...
    This game is not and never will be out of pre-alpha...

nanfoodle wrote: »

Nope, not without diminishing returns.
    They would rather only make one artisan class able to achieve the grandmaster's mastery than the other way around.

If you can do everything, you need no one and the world will be empty once everything has been done... Meaningful choices, social dependency, scarcity of materials, and gear that breaks over time build up cycles of gameplay for us. Rivalry and friction because we can't get everything isn't something to fear... it's content.

End note:

If the most important pillar of AoC's game design "social interaction and dependency" isn't your cup of tea then this isn't a game for you. You can play solo and try to hardcore your way through the game, but you will probably miss out even more if you do so and diminish your overall experience before you leave the game cursing over not being fed 100% catered content by Intrepid.

Game have loosened up on things like these as the game ages. I don't see them letting you max everything but a 3rd or a 4th, sure. Once the game is in a rhythm of players, guilds and crafters are fully supported. Time has a way of changing things and minds.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Or alternatively you could just be social :)

I shall gladly submit myself to jolly Co-Operation and wholesome social Guilds and Alliances. By Odin's Beart, nothing can stop me from becoming the weirdest Necromancer of all time. hahahahah.
    a50whcz343yn.png