Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Oh, Oops.... Are We the "Rejects?!".... The 2nd Wave vs. the First - and the "FINEST"....

The others that came before us were meant to start a settle-able "Start" for us, when the Portals 1st opened. They failed.... So, are we the only HOPE, for re-settlement for Verra?

I mean, the 1st-through is quite an honor.... But that's NOT us....

We obviously weren't the *1st* wave of people to come through the Portals; Is there any reason to think we'll succeed, whereas the others didn't? So far, the lore of AoC points to the "1st Wave" as being very un-successful, in re-settling Verra, from Sanctus.

Am happy to have other Branchler-Elves follow....

....But what if the Godess of Creation was *wrong*?!

Comments

• Options
    "un-successful" to their goal/plan. Oh no, pantheon god deception incoming perceptively.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I mean, if the best all died in the first wave, we are not the rejects anymore. Now we are the best! And/or cannon-fodder...

But I do like the idea of fallible gods who play tricks on us. Like the old greek and norse gods. It makes the world way more interesting.
  • Options
    They were mere peasant scouts for the Empyrian Empyre.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    The others that came before us were meant to start a settle-able "Start" for us, when the Portals 1st opened. They failed.... So, are we the only HOPE, for re-settlement for Verra?

We obviously weren't the *1st* wave of people to come through the Portals; Is there any reason to think we'll succeed, whereas the others didn't? So far, the lore of AoC points to the "1st Wave" as being very un-successful, in re-settling Verra, from Sanctus.

Why do you always write in code? I can never understand your posts...
  • Options
    Meanwhile the Tulnar
    visible.jpg
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options

I mean its completely ours and the gods fault. We spent literal thousands of years in a world without magic, made no apparent progress towards fending for ourselves through ingenuity or conflict, and were then just tossed back into a world full of magic AND corruption.

it feels like the races were put into a hippy retreat where they just passed a blunt for centuries and then got kicked out of their place with no preparation.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Why do you think they were unsuccessful?
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    I mean, if the best all died in the first wave, we are not the rejects anymore. Now we are the best! And/or cannon-fodder...

Lol - aye, I guess we'd default to being the best, since the best are all now dead or corrupted :lol:

Sathrago wrote: »
    I mean its completely ours and the gods fault. We spent literal thousands of years in a world without magic, made no apparent progress towards fending for ourselves through ingenuity or conflict, and were then just tossed back into a world full of magic AND corruption.

it feels like the races were put into a hippy retreat where they just passed a blunt for centuries and then got kicked out of their place with no preparation.

It'll be interesting to finally know what really happened on Sanctus, after the Apocalypse. There wouldn't have been pre-existing infastructure, even if things like fruit-tree groves and un-cultured wheat was there.

Am personally predicting that there were wars and struggles, once our ancestors left Verra.

Myosotys wrote: »

To be fair, I was a tad sloppy. Will clean up the OP a little bit, for you.

Fantmx wrote: »
    Why do you think they were unsuccessful?

Because the existing Lore that we already have mostly points to the 1st wave as having been corrupted. The Shifting Coin Bandits are one such group we already know about - but we've also seen other bandit-groups in the previews.

While there are tiny "welcome camps" outside each Divine Gateway, we haven't seen any sign at all of any successful permanent settlements.

• Options
    Myosotys wrote: »

Hmm.... Nevermind. It doesn't appear to allow me to Edit the OP, at this point. Was a bit drunk, when making said post.

• Options

You don't send your best through first, in case of mortal danger and peril. Your best follow along afterwards once you know they'll be ok.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    You don't send your best through first, in case of mortal danger and peril. Your best follow along afterwards once you know they'll be ok.

You typically do send your best through first, in order to better-ensure the chances of success. SpecForce units scout ahead of armies, IRL; The BEST, ahead of the REST.

• Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

You typically do send your best through first, in order to better-ensure the chances of success. SpecForce units scout ahead of armies, IRL; The BEST, ahead of the REST.

well you could argue that you also send your worst first, suicide squad style. huehuehue.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Maybe we are the wretched Rearguard which's Existence the Vanguard try to deny all this time. >:)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    CadacCadac Member
    Wagon ride to Helgen with three other volunteers, then Wookiee tossed into a portal.
    " . . we thankyou for your ser-"
  • Options
    Cadac wrote: »
    Wagon ride to Helgen

It still bugs me to this very Day, that we actually NEVER got to thank Alduin for saving us in Helgen and bulldozing and levelling Helgen to the Ground.

Heck, i would have even loved to HELP HIM do it.
    a50whcz343yn.png