Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Friday, March 29, 2024 at 11am Pacific

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited April 19 in Announcements
March_2024_Submissions.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream featuring an Alpha Two Fighter Archetype Preview will be Friday, March 29, 2024, 2024 at 11am Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

If you have a question for our team, then you’re in the right place! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer during the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below - the more direct, and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Friday, March 27, 2024 at 11am Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
community_management.gif

Comments

• Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    To me, some marks of a great story is that it is profound, insightful, thought provoking, and can cause conflicting emotions, through experiencing new perspectives and context that make me question my own real-world beliefs and understandings. For example, I think that concepts such as philosophy, morality, psychology, and poetry can help craft these kinds of stories. Without spoiling anything, are you able to say if these types of things will be heavily explored themes in Ashes' story and gameplay?
  • Options
    LeukaelLeukael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 24
    Are there any differences in how clerics function in the different racial societies? Does a cleric's choice in patron deity change how they play in game? Could we get a lore drop on cultures and how the classes/archetypes functioned in Sanctus?
    Stag-Axiom-Sig-LEAUK3.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited March 22
    What lvl are the mobs in npc-occupied castles?
  • Options
    RattieRattie Member
  • Options
    ImmortalityImmortality Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 22
    Will Ashes of Creation feature a World of warcraft style old school Armory feature where we can look up certain characters/Players?
    Signature-management.gif
  • Options
    WateruWateru Member
    edited March 24
    How does Ashes of Creation plan to differentiate its fishing system from typical MMO implementations, and what unique challenges or opportunities does this present in terms of player engagement, progression, and satisfaction
  • Options
    anarcxanarcx Member
    How will Ashes of Creation effectively address the challenge of sustaining an engaging player experience
    when one or multiple servers experience a significant decrease in population density, thereby impacting
    the core gameloop's functionality, especially when server merging is unfeasible due to the constraints
    of a dynamic server node system?
  • Options
    s1zzl1ns1zzl1n Member
    At the start of Alpha 2, to what extent do you plan on allowing players to test the augment system at launch and how much of that progression will be available throughout the entirety of the Alpha 2 testing period?
  • Options
    SnowElfSnowElf Member
    edited March 23
    Will players get a chance to view a dual archetype class such as Battlemage or some other type of combo before the launch of alpha 2?
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

• Options
    SonicXplosionSonicXplosion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What is the goal for housing numbers for a village stage node? I believe the previous numbers were around 8 in-node houses and 50 apartments, but that has been said to be outdated.
  • Options
    LeukaelLeukael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 22
    <deleted>
    Stag-Axiom-Sig-LEAUK3.png
  • Options
    Frost01Frost01 Member
    When will we have access to the character creator for Alpha 2?
  • Options
    Will the corruption system be active during the launch of Alpha 2? Also, if I cut down and drop trees on my friends does that count towards the corruption system? - A guy who thinks friendly fire is funny.
    Balding but not old
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited March 24
    Are Economic nodes and In node marketplaces still planned to be available at the launch of alpha 2, and therefore, do players have access to the personal shops and Player Stalls feature for testing?
  • Options
    Gaul_Gaul_ Member
    edited March 22
    15 months ago, Intrepid revealed some concept art for the Redwood Forest and that the studio was beginning to do work on that biome. Can you provide a big picture update on the studio's progress with the Redwood Forest?
  • Options
    Hey devs, thanks for all you do.

Is the intention to have raid like encounters where there are multiple bosses, or more like a set of world bosses? Sorry if you've covered this, I'm a bit PvE lover as well as PvP.
  • Options
    MemattMematt Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    AoC's Node System is exciting. Unlocking new dungeons, mobs, quests, and other mysteries is a compelling feature to add to the MMORPG landscape. I foresee gear that is unlocked by the metropolis node to be the most powerful. I also foresee that this gear could potentially trivialize the lower-level node progression because of the inevitable gear score-to-content level difference. Is there something in place to ensure the players don't faceroll lower-mid level node content? Or if you don't see this as a potential issue, what am I missing?
  • Options
    RyveRyve Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 22
    What are the Benefits to In-Node Mansions. We know freeholds have a lot of benefits, especially regarding boosting the processing branch of the artisan system. But what are the benefits to owning one of the few In-Node Mansions at the Metropolis stage of a node?
  • Options
    BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will the corruption pvp system be enabled at the start of alpha 2 ?
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold.Hammers High!
  • Options
    When a node is destroyed, does the world state revert back to reflect this ( story arcs reset back to node level 1, gained access to points of interest is denied etc ) ?
  • Options
    FalkathFalkath Member
    edited March 26
    Could we get a list of systems, races, archetypes, node levels that will be there for the launch of Alpha 2 ?
  • Options
    SolitonSoliton Member
    Will Fighters, or any melee capable of both Tank and DPS builds, be able to transition between DPS and Tanking so they can group or Solo more effectively? I understand that different archtype combos will have different effectiveness for each, but it would be nice to know if playing a melee (or anything for that matter) will have some versatility in their playstyle options. Thanks.
  • Options
    KalnazzarKalnazzar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1. Can guilds establish independent shops with unique names, allowing guild members to act as merchants without freeholds?
  • Options
    WredigoWredigo Member
    edited March 22
    I just have a simple question.
    How friendly will Ashes of Creation be to people new to MMORPGs, such as myself?
  • Options
    LivuLivu Member
    Will players need multiple mounts on their skill bar for various purposes like immunity, gliding, combat, and escaping, or will the gameplay be more focused on using just one mount?
  • Options
    OsFurOsFur Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 22
    hi steven
    will our characters be sensitive to heat and cold. and will the equipment be adapted accordingly?

𝐎𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭
  • Options
    The tulnars will we have them in alpha 2 ? if not, in which devstream will we see them ? greetings from the spanish community of ashes of creation steven you are more handsome with a beard.
  • Options
    If ships won't have collision detection, how will naval combat and raiding play out, for the merchant ships/naval caravan system?

• Options
    Is the crafting mini game still planned and if so, will there be an item quality bonus or decrease based on the outcome?
  • Options
    RoofianRoofian Member
    What will be the fastest way to become rich? Will it be compatible with people who plays 2/4 hours a day plus 6 Saturday and other 6 on Sundays?