Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Mage's Shell Ability

edited April 24 in General Discussion
I made a post a while back about giving our beloved mage another fx pass to get it up to par with recent impressive Ranger/Warrior showcase.

As someone who will main a mage in Ashes and use the Shell ability frequently, this is one skill that I personally feel need a big visual improvement. The current state of Shell has a subtle intro animation when it is activated but lacks an outro animation after completion of it's duration. It completely disappears.

Suggestions/Question for the community who plan to main a mage:
  1. The skill is called Shell, maybe it could break like fragments (to play on the name) at the end of it's duration to give it a proper outro?
  2. Do we like the egg shape of shield vs a dome shell?
  3. What are some of your visual improvements to this ability?
  4. Do you like that the visual shape of Shell is "solid" all around you, vs inspo below where the effects tapers off behind you, but visually more clear in front of your character?

Ashes of Creation:
qbcqeljs3v70.gif

OTHER GAMES OLD/NEW
nyze3zjqptus.png

CONCEPT ART INSPO
7i6kb3rjfg14.png

m6jque7ofxxf.gif

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think shell will be improved. I believe shell was a first pass. All of Mage will be updated I believe. The feedback came after the event.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Songcaller wrote: »
    I think shell will be improved. I believe shell was a first pass. All of Mage will be updated I believe. The feedback came after the event.

We've seen the Mage in several showcases after Mage Showcase in Apr 2023. So far the only improvements we've seen have been visuals of the ice spells going from blue to a more whiter color.

But definitely hoping for more improvements! :sunglasses:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well, I think the shell ability needs more interaction with the mage. At the moment it's just a force field with no correlation to the mage. It would be cool if the mage shell emanates from the mage power rather than be tacked on.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif