Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation Community Q&A Livestream w/ Steven Sharif - Friday, May 10, 2024 at 11 AM PDT

MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
edited May 11 in Announcements
Glorious Ashes of Creation Community,

We’re excited to do a Q&A Livestream with our Creative Director, Steven Sharif, and some content creators from the community on Friday, May 10, 2024 at 11 AM PDT (convert to your local time). We'll be streaming this Q&A over at www.twitch.tv/ashesofcreation.

r5si4n04h4ip.png

Steven will be joined by Jamie Kaos (Tangents of Creation), NyceGaming, Sunny (LoreForged), and Vlhadus who will be bringing questions for Steven to answer live for us all!

We appreciate everyone’s passion and support, and we hope you’re able to join us for this Ashes of Creation Community Q&A livestream!

💬 #ICYMI Our Creative Director, Steven Sharif answered questions from community members Vlhadus, JamieKaos, LoreForged, and NyceGaming!

https://youtu.be/vygDXte1AX8
marketing.gif

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Excited for some great questions!
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    These are some amazing people and amazing creators. I m super excited for them and eager to see what they come up with!
  • Options
    DracoSyxDracoSyx Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 7
    We can't wait....Lets gooooo! amazing content creators
  • Options
    Are the questions from Reddit? Watched the monthly update, but didn't catch where to post them. I assume it's too late to submit them, but I know in the past they've been from Reddit.

• Options
    ApokApok Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    any idea how long this is supposed to run?
  • Options
    Looking forward to the release! I have not been this excited for a game in a long time.
  • Options
    spawn33spawn33 Member
    This is great! I hope he will be asked great questions.
    👀 Fellow AoC waiter who loves to play assassins in mmorpgs. 👀
  • Options
    MargaretKrohnMargaretKrohn Moderator, Staff
    💬 #ICYMI Our Creative Director, Steven Sharif answered questions from community members Vlhadus, JamieKaos, LoreForged, and NyceGaming!

💭 What was your favorite moment from the stream?

https://youtu.be/vygDXte1AX8

--
    Updated OP as well to include the video. :)
    marketing.gif
  • Options
    LaetitianLaetitian Member
    edited May 12
    💭 What was your favorite moment from the stream?

9:00 - Broad level range story arcs just sound so lovely.
    Higher level players relying on lower level players fulfilling objective quotas (or competitively exceeding their competition in them) in order to enable their higher level allies to progress further is such an engaging dynamic.

~34:00
    @Steven's explanation for class switching being time-consuming:
    I think recognition of players and their role on the server is *such* an important benefit of non-instanced isolated servers with their own communities. Love the integrity in preserving that at the discomfort of players who might dislike the result of their early decisions, or those who want to be able to try out every new build the moment it gets discovered.

Everything that was said regarding player friction and class customisation options (and limitations) sounds perfect to me.
  • Options
    The entire show was great, always awesome seeing updates involving the fans. Was impressed they all held it together so well 😄
    The Casual Conspiracy - MMO exploration meets relaxed camaraderie! Embracing discovery and fostering a welcoming atmosphere. From casual enthusiasts to hardcore veterans https://discord.gg/VXsUd4DND4
  • Options
    Though I will be role-playing that my rogue is just in full camo until it actually drops later.
    The Casual Conspiracy - MMO exploration meets relaxed camaraderie! Embracing discovery and fostering a welcoming atmosphere. From casual enthusiasts to hardcore veterans https://discord.gg/VXsUd4DND4