So apparently it is already starting ... ... ? ... ... (Companies whining and bitching about Ashes)

2»

Comments

• DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is the German WoW-Forum a company like Activision and Ubisoft?
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Is the German WoW-Forum a company like Activision and Ubisoft?

Yes.

Kidding. :D

Thanks GOD it is not.

( At least "One" Developer from Blizzard has the same Attitude then many of the toxic WoW-Players, though. Meaning many of these racid, toxic People in the Forum could be very well be employed Developers at Activision Blizzard as well. ) :mrgreen:

I am not Intrepid, Dygz - but You "will have to be patient" for a bit,
    until You get Footage from what i mean. (LOL)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    the German WoW-Forum
    Posters on forums of other games will happily talk shit about games they know nothing about - but since it isn't "their game", it is obviously trash.

I think people need better internal filters.Understanding who is saying it, where and why, are as important as understanding what it was that was even said.

Just reading a thing and then repeating it away from all of the above context as if it were still true and valid without said context is a real issue.
    edited July 7
    Noaani wrote: »
    Posters on forums of other games will happily talk shit about games they know nothing about - but since it isn't "their game", it is obviously trash.

You nicely pointed out the utter Toxicity of a Community which was made toxic by MANY YEARS of playing and never really getting anything that they want. ;)

Yet for obvious Reasons, ( because WoW has no comparable Rival in the MMO World )

they never quit WoW. They have no other MMO World that draws them in. So obviously when they are CONFRONTED with something,

that makes them realise, " OH!!! I might have been a Dunce that wasted +13 Years of my Life playing a VideoGame which i hate as much as i love it. Because an ALTERNATIVE will come out someday sooner or later which shows me i never had the Willpower to say "NO!" to the abusive Relationship that is Me and Worst of Warcraft, "

well then obviously they are not very thrilled about hearing it. Especially when it comes from "me", another occasional "still-WoW Player", who also hates the Game as much as i loved it for what i has become. :D

I mean i get it. I "DARE" to mention Ashes of Creation ? Because i want to see WoW get a big, fat Fist right into it's Face ? For never really giving many Players what they want ? "ESPECIALLY" DROP CHANCES from Mounts. And i don't mean these stupid Raid-Instance Ones like Invincible. :tongue:

But before i divagate even further,

Yes. Only for being a Future Rival "AND" Alternative to WoW alone -> Ashes of Creation earns so much Heat, Flak and Toxicity in the german WoW-Forums at times - it is absolutely insane.

This alone when i am completely honest - already "succeeds" the Trashtalk for a bit, that i have seen VideoGame Companies talk about Baldurs Gate Three.
    So i admit - Yes, my Topic here is a little bit Schizo. Yet my Point still stands. :sunglasses:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    Everything before this statement;

You're over thinking it. This isn't a WoW thing, it is an every game thing. WoW talk gets nothing but trash in forums for any other game. Archeage forums were always talking shit about Crowfall (other than the few players that thought that game was going to save MMORPG's). Age of Conan, Rift, DDO and Vanguard all had people in EQ2 forums claiming *this* game will finally be the MMO everyone wanted, but then also always had people trash talking each game. EVE players trash talk STO players. Everyone in every game trashed SW:TOR.

This is just how it does - if you are on the forums of one MMORPG and you talk about a different game in a positive way, you will get negative results.

It has nothing to do with WoW, nor anything to do with how those players felt about the game. It is just a universal fact of live MMORPG forums.

To everything after that comment - Ashes isn't a WoW rival/alternative. They hardly appeal to the same player base at all. One is a game where content is laid out for you to participate in essentially when ever you want, the other is a game where you have to fight tooth and nail to be able to participate in content. Players coming directly from WoW - especially those that played WoW for an extended period of time - will not last long in Ashes, and will be back in WoW before their subscription for that game even lapses.
    that i have seen VideoGame Companies talk about Baldurs Gate Three.
    You seem to be the only person alive to have seen this. I've asked many people that I know (admittidly mostly MMORPG players), and no one has seen any negative comments from game developers about BG3.

I'm all for not providing links and asking people to do their own research, but when the object of that search simply doesn't exist, some assistance is needed if the person making the claim wishes to maintain that claim.
    edited July 7
    You're over thinking it. This isn't a WoW thing, it is an every game thing.

WoW talk gets nothing but trash in forums for any other game. Archeage forums were always talking shit about Crowfall (other than the few players that thought that game was going to save MMORPG's).

Ha ha ha hah. :D Thanks for letting me on in this Wisdom, Noaani. This made me chuckle a bit. Didn't know that it is s~oooo ... ... ... "present", in other gaming Forums as well - but i am not really surprised.

Age of Conan, Rift, DDO and Vanguard all had people in EQ2 forums claiming *this* game will finally be the MMO everyone wanted, but then also always had people trash talking each game. EVE players trash talk STO players. Everyone in every game trashed SW:TOR.

This is just how it does - if you are on the forums of one MMORPG and you talk about a different game in a positive way, you will get negative results.

It has nothing to do with WoW, nor anything to do with how those players felt about the game. It is just a universal fact of live MMORPG forums.

And over all, i am aware this is not a Comparison to what some "Companies" yapped about Baldurs Gate Three, but thanks for letting me on into knowing all of this still.

Am i a bad Person when i say that "SW:TOR" was rightfully talked Trash about ? Jesus Christ. Fxxx EA ... ...

I wish i could fast-forward Time right now, right this very Moment - and treat Everyone here in the Forum to a nice Beer, Wine, Mineral Water, Coffee, whatever You Guys would like to sip,

and then deliciously read through the more or less many News Articles that WILL pop up without Fail in either the next Months or in the Time-Span of the next two Years,

where Developers and Companies will nag and whine and bitch of why Ashes of Creation is "an Anomaly" and why Video Gamers should NEVER expect such a Fun Game to "become the Standard" for some Reason,

yes at the very same Time while their Profits and Incomes from the Playerbases drop somewhat, because People will leave their Games and wander over to Ashes of Creation. :mrgreen:

I am just regretting that we are not already full in the thick of it. >:)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • KingDDDKingDDD Member
    The moving of goal posts in this thread is a magnificent look at the forum drama inc. I do hope either intrepid or a third party allow this type of "content" to exist sans moderation, censorship and bans.
  • Noaani wrote: »

You're over thinking it. This isn't a WoW thing, it is an every game thing. WoW talk gets nothing but trash in forums for any other game. Archeage forums were always talking shit about Crowfall (other than the few players that thought that game was going to save MMORPG's). Age of Conan, Rift, DDO and Vanguard all had people in EQ2 forums claiming *this* game will finally be the MMO everyone wanted, but then also always had people trash talking each game. EVE players trash talk STO players. Everyone in every game trashed SW:TOR.

To everything after that comment - Ashes isn't a WoW rival/alternative. They hardly appeal to the same player base at all. One is a game where content is laid out for you to participate in essentially when ever you want, the other is a game where you have to fight tooth and nail to be able to participate in content. Players coming directly from WoW - especially those that played WoW for an extended period of time - will not last long in Ashes, and will be back in WoW before their subscription for that game even lapses.
    You seem to be the only person alive to have seen this. I've asked many people that I know (admittidly mostly MMORPG players), and no one has seen any negative comments from game developers about BG3.

I'm all for not providing links and asking people to do their own research, but when the object of that search simply doesn't exist, some assistance is needed if the person making the claim wishes to maintain that claim.

The only thing I disagree with here is the blanket statement that people coming directly from WoW won't play AoC for long. There will be some that find out that it isn't what they want or were expecting but I would guess that a lot of people that are looking for a new game are looking for something different and this might just be what they were looking for.
  • MosephMoseph Member
    edited July 7
    Deleted because there no need to engage with this.
    and then deliciously read through the more or less many News Articles that WILL pop up without Fail in either the next Months or in the Time-Span of the next two Years, where Developers and Companies will nag and whine and bitch of why Ashes of Creation is "an Anomaly" and why Video Gamers should NEVER expect such a Fun Game to "become the Standard" for some Reason,
    That isn't complaining, that is praise.

Again, someone working in your industray stating that the work you have done is the best that is possible in said industry, and that others have no chance of equalling what you have done - that is very high praise indeed.

That said, Ashes isn't doing anything overly new. With what we know about the game so far, developers will have no reason to make those claims.

The only thing I disagree with here is the blanket statement that people coming directly from WoW won't play AoC for long. There will be some that find out that it isn't what they want or were expecting but I would guess that a lot of people that are looking for a new game are looking for something different and this might just be what they were looking for.

The thing with blanket statements about a large group of people is that you have to assume it to be a general thing.

And as a general thing, it is what will happen - because it is what has happened in every other PvP MMO that has released while WoW has been live. Sure, there will be exceptions, but the bulk of people playing WoW up until Ashes release will be playing WoW again within 3 months.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    4nxsw8ogkg0z.png
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    That isn't complaining, that is praise.

I get your Point. ;)

At some Point, any such News Articles become Praise to Intrepid. Even if they are originally just intended as soft, mild and slight whining and bitching.

(because honestly that it was MOST Articles were which addressed Baldurs Gate Three.) :mrgreen:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's really just the idea that anyone is going to be mad at someone putting in the passion and doing well that cracks me up.

AAA "UI Designers" getting mad at Elden ring because FromSoftware "Did it wrong".

:D

TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • NemesesNemeses Member
    Think you got a issue with your keyboard, best get that caps key checked out!
    The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • palabanapalabana Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Where can I see these "comments" you are referring to?
    palabana wrote: »
    Where can I see these "comments" you are referring to?

This is what I want to know as well - because so far the only one provided was a game developer saying that BG3 was so damn good that no other company could hope to match it.
    edited July 9
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    It's really just the idea that anyone is going to be mad at someone putting in the passion and doing well that cracks me up.

While actually this shouldn't be as "funny" as it actually is,

Yes. This has ACTUALLY happened for a bit in the last few Years and for a few Cases. Although the Companies involved and affected did not made Statements like they are "mad" as in angry,

no - > they of Course played the "concerned, caring Developers" (YUCK!) who see one or several Games being the bundles of Fun that VideoGames should be and "used to be" around 2014 and before,

and of Course they had quite a few Reasons and Statements why "allegedly" Games can now not be filled with so much Fun Content anymore and that it is allegedly s~OOOOOOOOOO H~AAARD to make,

which sounds honestly just like a bunch of cheap Excuses - and in the worst Case - Statement to "DENY" putting in any actual Time, Effort, Skill and Willpower - to make as great Games as Companies were able to do in the Past.

Not a SINGLE Developer in the Video Game World exists, to tell You :

-> Why it is allegedly so hard, to nigh IMPOSSIBLE - to make a Game as funny as the Fans demand it to be, since now over Six to Eight Years. And why apparently VideoGames must be this half-assed "something" between complete Failure and "somewhat" decent Fun.

Then, ;)
    there come a FEW really good Games out - > and Companies act like they have a Panic Attack and are about to lose their Minds, telling Video Gamers why NO ONE should expect these Fun-Games to "become the Standard" again ?

I mean, okay ?!
    They can do that, for all they want.
    It's not like i would be motivated anytime soon to buy their shitty Games anyway. ;)

For several Years,
    Players said and praised and dreamt of how great "SKULL AND BONES" would be.

Especially many People who are fed up with playing Sea of Thieves on Open Sea's without being attacked and jumped by others every Sixty Minutes sometimes and not being able to make even a single World Event without other Players trying to pester them. :mrgreen:

Aaannnd ? ;)

What did Skull and Bones become ? Jepp. Quadruple A-Game my behind. :mrgreen: i am just a bit sad for all those who are massively disappointed and even paid Money for that Game. ;)

As if i would trust " ANY. KIND. " of Company since around 2015. I am making an Exception for dear Intrepid because i have the immensely heavy Feeling and Impression that they actually care for their Game and this is why they put in so much time. ;) . :mask:

Vhaeyne wrote: »
    AAA "UI Designers" getting mad at Elden ring because FromSoftware "Did it wrong".

:D

You can be very confident - > the fewest of them will show their "Anger" openly. But many of then are silently "PISSED" deep inside.

Like : some Developers and Companies actually DARE to make awesome Games again ? Instead to fob off VideoGamers with more or less CHEAPLY made VideoGames yet again ? Instead of disappointing or outright swindling them yet again ?

And People LOVE their Game for it ?
    Meaning less People will buy the "shittier" Games which have oversaturated the Market ? ;)

Oh Boo~hooh (lol) let me play the World's tiniest Violin for these shitty, lazy, incompetent Developers - and their Money-greedy Companies who constantly throw the Dreams of VideoGamers under the Bus and aim solely for Profit instead of working HARD for Video Games to be actual fun. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
  • LetterzLetterz Member
    pretty sure this started with new world trying to rip off ashes.. but yea
    Letterz wrote: »
    pretty sure this started with new world trying to rip off ashes.. but yea

That is some impressive work - ripping off a game that realistically is released four or five years after your own.
    That is some impressive work - ripping off a game that realistically is released four or five years after your own.

... ... ... ... this would also explain nicely why New World is failing so hard. :mrgreen:

This is funny actually. So many People - me included - thought for a bit in the recent Months that New World is trying to be like Ashes of Creation. But for successful Gaming Mechanics to rip off -> these Gaming Mechanics would need to be there in the first Place. :mrgreen:

But Intrepid stated clearly - especially in the last Live Stream - that these Mechanics are being developed as we speak. :mrgreen:

Of Course this will not happen, sadly,

but i think once Verra/Ashes is finished - Intrepid should make "New World" an Offer. Get assimilated into the Game as a new Landmass. Get a tiny bit of monthly Incomes from the Players. It's the best Offer they could get. (hahahahahaha)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer