Alpha 2 Keys

1234568»

Comments

• TorsteinTorstein Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Liniker wrote: »
    Torstein wrote: »

Couldn't disagree more, but maybe this was a low quality bait and I fell for it? :smile:

whats low-quality bait is thinking the large audience is going to think its ok for a developer to sell alpha access for 250$, announce for over 4 months the sales are closing while having a 90 day refund policy, and reopen alpha sales for cheaper just a few months later.

If you think its all good, you likely couldn't care less about Ashes and Intrepid, because if that were to happen, the moment it gets picked by the media and big streamers we will have a shitstorm hitting the game in one of its most important development phases which is A2, hurting its reputation A LOT.

I couldn't care less about the price or if they sell it or not, I have spent thousands to support this game and will continue to do so, I only care about this project's health and image, as a creator myself, I'm voicing my concerns before its too late.

Aged like milk.
  • Torstein wrote: »
    Aged like milk.
    In what way? Everything he said there came true. And yes, selling FULL BUNDLES now, after the 90-day-refund is gone, is definitely close to a scam.

Like, I'd 100% refund my B2 bundle and then buy the $100 one, because it would give me both betas. And I'd still be supporting the game with more money than I have so far, so it's not like I'm taking money away from Intrepid. Hell, they'd even get more money from me on release, because my prepurchased months would turn into only 1 month.

And the only reason we haven't heard from more people on this particular part of "being fucked over" is cause all the other parts of the whole situation seem even worse to way more people.
  • TorsteinTorstein Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Torstein wrote: »
    Aged like milk.
    In what way? Everything he said there came true. And yes, selling FULL BUNDLES now, after the 90-day-refund is gone, is definitely close to a scam.

Like, I'd 100% refund my B2 bundle and then buy the $100 one, because it would give me both betas. And I'd still be supporting the game with more money than I have so far, so it's not like I'm taking money away from Intrepid. Hell, they'd even get more money from me on release, because my prepurchased months would turn into only 1 month.

And the only reason we haven't heard from more people on this particular part of "being fucked over" is cause all the other parts of the whole situation seem even worse to way more people.

You're kidding right?

He was advocating that there would a media shitstorm if the keys werent priced at 250usd+, reasoning said shitstorm to be aimed at the keys being too cheap.
    Now we got a mediashit storm cause the prices of the new keys are at 100-120usd, main arguement of the shitstorm is way too high price. If anyone listened to this guys reasoning the prices would've been triple what they are now, imagine the fking shitstorm.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    r9a6jhvnq9d6.png

xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here.
    And all the emptiness inside disappears.
  • Torstein wrote: »
    You're kidding right?
    Like I said, you don't hear enough complains about the "I got fucked over cause they paid less than me" cause all the normies outside of Ashes bundle buyers are way louder.

There's been several posters on these forums that complained about this low cost fucking them over.

Hell, the beta upgrade thing was 100% in response to all the bundle buyers complaining that upgrading to an A2 bundle would equal almost the same cost of these $120 keys.

There's no loud enough voices out there that are tracking the refund date in relation to these sales. But I do think that the chance of that relation coming up in videos/streams discussing Ashes is failry high.

Though at this point it'll just reinforce the opinion that Ashes is a scam, so the only "milkness" of Liniker's post is that he's too close to the project and understands it personally, while all the others are more surface lvl, so they don't even get to think about the true potential scamminess of what's happening.
  • Just a thought. If additional testers were needed, why not invite Beta key holders first and then offer the open invite to others?
  • StickyRubb wrote: »

Bring as many people as possible into A2!

then why not make it ftp ....

all i would ask as a og backer is to get access before hand .... A1 was 3 years ago ... i bought 250$ access to get involved with the developement ... i was eager to fall through the map, clip through walls, try to find duping glitches and whatever else ... document everything and help them ... now i learn there are already 150k+ A2 keys sold ... they DIDNT launch ANY test enviroment yet to get those people involved ... and they say they need MORE testers ??!?!?!?!?!At that point this is a SCAM ... they dont even know if they can host servers to get 150k+ people yet .... IF THERE WILL BE QUEUES I WILL BE PISSED AF ... bc i will be in the same queue with people who payed half the price ... and intrepid obviously thinks they have server tech that easy can hold all those people no problem .... who freaking believes that they start with lets say 250k+ people bc of the new sales and dont fuck up the servers ????!?!??!?! even amazon WHO FREAKING OWN THE SERVERS DID FUCK UP.. and Intrepid made me wait till practicly everybody got access anyway for wayyyy less money .... THE MAIN selling point was to get involved earlier than others ,.... NOW you pay 25$ and upgrade from your beta key ?????? wth ... i would have never baught A2 pack for 250$ if i knew they would make we wait until literally EVERYBODY ELSE

IF they wanna HONOR the 250$ pack holders ... they need to give us access earlier than others who didnt take the risk in that early stage .... if you buy a key now you have very low risk bc of people like me ... i want to be rewarded and HONORED to have taken the risk to fund a pipedream .... i put down the cash to be in earlier than others .... and get a different treatment than the ones with the beta keys .... earlier in then others who buy in later BC i EARNED IT BY TAKING THE RISK...YOU CAN ONLY BUY A KEY NOW BC OF ME AND OTHERS WHO BACKED THIS

if you want as many people as possible ... just make it ftp lol .... what a joke .. .you cant sell the game access in 250$ bundles and then BEFORE GIVING ANYONE ACCESS sell it again for less ... THATS SHADY
    give US access now months before other people who didnt take the risk and i shut up ... anything else is a slap in the face ...