Options

Change Cosmetic packs?

Hey guys I know a lot of us bought the latest cosmetic packs not necessarily because we liked the cosmetics but because it was the last cosmetic packs being sold which included a ton of cool goodies. I know there's also a lot of us that might have heard about Ashes of Creation late into its development and might not have had the change to buy a prior pack with cosmetics that match us better, there's also a possibility of people buying a kit very early in development and a new package might have come along the way that they might have preferred...

Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.

Anyways just an idea feel free to roast me if you think its dumb or entitled and have a wonderful day!
«1

Comments

  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Venar wrote: »
    Anyways just an idea feel free to roast me if...
    Are you a Tulnar?
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 9
    Venar wrote: »
    Hey guys I know a lot of us bought the latest cosmetic packs not necessarily because we liked the cosmetics but because it was the last cosmetic packs being sold which included a ton of cool goodies. I know there's also a lot of us that might have heard about Ashes of Creation late into its development and might not have had the change to buy a prior pack with cosmetics that match us better, there's also a possibility of people buying a kit very early in development and a new package might have come along the way that they might have preferred...

    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.

    Anyways just an idea feel free to roast me if you think its dumb or entitled and have a wonderful day!

    Cool idea but then it would definitely devalue the cosmetics for everyone that bought it when it was available and make it less rare,

    The game has not released mate and there will be a ton more that will fit you in the future, not to mention the in game cosmetics are suppose to be even better so don't stress you will find something that matches your playstyle
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I doubt they will do this.

    As stated, it cheapens the whole "Get it this month or never again" premise they set forth when selling them. I am sure, given the talent that appears to work for this company, that there will be many different looks, mounts, pets, and so on, to go around as the game progresses.

    I am sorry you missed the Chromatic Crystal Dragon Fox that changes colors based on the mood of the player and comes with the ability to portal to various predetermined locations. This was only offered for 1 month 5 years ago and people just missed out.
  • Options
    VenarVenar Member
    Otr wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Anyways just an idea feel free to roast me if...
    Are you a Tulnar?

    Nope! was planning on going Empyrean or Py'rai... I always try to play dark/death knight / Hexblade type characters and the Corvid castigator cosmetic set would have been perfect but I didn't even knew Ashes Existed back then, If I did I would have definitely bought that pack... oh well.
  • Options
    VenarVenar Member
    Mahes wrote: »
    I doubt they will do this.

    As stated, it cheapens the whole "Get it this month or never again" premise they set forth when selling them. I am sure, given the talent that appears to work for this company, that there will be many different looks, mounts, pets, and so on, to go around as the game progresses.

    I am sorry you missed the Chromatic Crystal Dragon Fox that changes colors based on the mood of the player and comes with the ability to portal to various predetermined locations. This was only offered for 1 month 5 years ago and people just missed out.

    Im sure i'll find some other set that i'll enjoy.

    I kinda find it funny that a lot of people seem to put value on a certain pack not because they find it pretty or cool (which is kinda the point of costumes compared to raid sets) but because of its rarity. There's gonna be people out there wearing sets they don't like just to flex their rarity. but I definitely understand the other side of the medal. Thanks for your feedback!
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited July 9
    Chicago wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Hey guys I know a lot of us bought the latest cosmetic packs not necessarily because we liked the cosmetics but because it was the last cosmetic packs being sold which included a ton of cool goodies. I know there's also a lot of us that might have heard about Ashes of Creation late into its development and might not have had the change to buy a prior pack with cosmetics that match us better, there's also a possibility of people buying a kit very early in development and a new package might have come along the way that they might have preferred...

    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.

    Anyways just an idea feel free to roast me if you think its dumb or entitled and have a wonderful day!

    Cool idea but then it would definitely devalue the cosmetics for everyone that bought it when it was available and make it less rare,

    The game has not released mate and there will be a ton more that will fit you in the future, not to mention the in game cosmetics are suppose to be even better so don't stress you will find something that matches your playstyle

    Well said <3
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    People could also ask for a System to be implemented, that goes like :

    " ONCE " every Year -> or better said "ONCE" every 12 Months of paid Playtime -> You get an Option. ;)


    A cosmetic Option.

    This Option can be, for Example :

    - A Battle-Pet
    - A Mount
    - A Ship-Model/Skin
    - A Armor-Piece/Item
    - A "House/Building" Model/Skin. (for Freeholds)


    as in EVEN THOSE, who were only available around the likes of 2018 or so - when cosmetic Pre-Orders were still around, easily Seven to Ten Years or so before the Game could ever release. :D


    If Intrepid would be generous -> they could make it even that You can choose ONE Cosmetic of every single Type.


    " ONCE " every 12 Months which you first paid for -> and then experienced/used them. ;) NOT BEFORE. :mrgreen:



    This Way, you could careful choose a few, tiny bit of Cosmetics from Times long Past -> maybe before You even knew about the Game - and when it was still Y~eeeeaaaaaars away from ever being finished. :mrgreen:




    Just an Idea. ;) Just a Suggestion.
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✗ Not looking for a guild atm
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    People could also ask for a System to be implemented, that goes like :

    " ONCE " every Year -> or better said "ONCE" every 12 Months of paid Playtime -> You get an Option. ;)


    A cosmetic Option.

    This Option can be, for Example :

    - A Battle-Pet
    - A Mount
    - A Ship-Model/Skin
    - A Armor-Piece/Item
    - A "House/Building" Model/Skin. (for Freeholds)


    as in EVEN THOSE, who were only available around the likes of 2018 or so - when cosmetic Pre-Orders were still around, easily Seven to Ten Years or so before the Game could ever release. :D


    If Intrepid would be generous -> they could make it even that You can choose ONE Cosmetic of every single Type.


    " ONCE " every 12 Months which you first paid for -> and then experienced/used them. ;) NOT BEFORE. :mrgreen:



    This Way, you could careful choose a few, tiny bit of Cosmetics from Times long Past -> maybe before You even knew about the Game - and when it was still Y~eeeeaaaaaars away from ever being finished. :mrgreen:




    Just an Idea. ;) Just a Suggestion.
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    People could also ask for a System to be implemented, that goes like :

    " ONCE " every Year -> or better said "ONCE" every 12 Months of paid Playtime -> You get an Option. ;)


    A cosmetic Option.

    This Option can be, for Example :

    - A Battle-Pet
    - A Mount
    - A Ship-Model/Skin
    - A Armor-Piece/Item
    - A "House/Building" Model/Skin. (for Freeholds)


    as in EVEN THOSE, who were only available around the likes of 2018 or so - when cosmetic Pre-Orders were still around, easily Seven to Ten Years or so before the Game could ever release. :D


    If Intrepid would be generous -> they could make it even that You can choose ONE Cosmetic of every single Type.


    " ONCE " every 12 Months which you first paid for -> and then experienced/used them. ;) NOT BEFORE. :mrgreen:



    This Way, you could careful choose a few, tiny bit of Cosmetics from Times long Past -> maybe before You even knew about the Game - and when it was still Y~eeeeaaaaaars away from ever being finished. :mrgreen:




    Just an Idea. ;) Just a Suggestion.
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    People could also ask for a System to be implemented, that goes like :

    " ONCE " every Year -> or better said "ONCE" every 12 Months of paid Playtime -> You get an Option. ;)


    A cosmetic Option.

    This Option can be, for Example :

    - A Battle-Pet
    - A Mount
    - A Ship-Model/Skin
    - A Armor-Piece/Item
    - A "House/Building" Model/Skin. (for Freeholds)


    as in EVEN THOSE, who were only available around the likes of 2018 or so - when cosmetic Pre-Orders were still around, easily Seven to Ten Years or so before the Game could ever release. :D


    If Intrepid would be generous -> they could make it even that You can choose ONE Cosmetic of every single Type.


    " ONCE " every 12 Months which you first paid for -> and then experienced/used them. ;) NOT BEFORE. :mrgreen:



    This Way, you could careful choose a few, tiny bit of Cosmetics from Times long Past -> maybe before You even knew about the Game - and when it was still Y~eeeeaaaaaars away from ever being finished. :mrgreen:




    Just an Idea. ;) Just a Suggestion.

    It's a cool suggestion, the problem is though once a year sounds like a long time until you realise after the first 12 months you will have upwards of 1 million players getting to choose a cosmetic at the same time, and probably all choosing between the same 10 options which will make each one lose its value really fast

    It will never happen to re open old cosmetics, however what is possible is re skins of old cosmetics which will guessing will be available in the game
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    Chicago wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Hey guys I know a lot of us bought the latest cosmetic packs not necessarily because we liked the cosmetics but because it was the last cosmetic packs being sold which included a ton of cool goodies. I know there's also a lot of us that might have heard about Ashes of Creation late into its development and might not have had the change to buy a prior pack with cosmetics that match us better, there's also a possibility of people buying a kit very early in development and a new package might have come along the way that they might have preferred...

    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.

    Anyways just an idea feel free to roast me if you think its dumb or entitled and have a wonderful day!

    Cool idea but then it would definitely devalue the cosmetics for everyone that bought it when it was available and make it less rare,

    The game has not released mate and there will be a ton more that will fit you in the future, not to mention the in game cosmetics are suppose to be even better so don't stress you will find something that matches your playstyle

    what if they brought back the cosmetic packs however instead of an exclusive cosmetic skin that is only acquired by the earlier pack the skins in the new packs will be available to be bought from the store day one.

    this way the previous packs still hold there exclusivity aswell as not undermind people who already bought in by offering cheaper keys without the bundle
  • Options
    wakkytabbakywakkytabbaky Member
    edited July 10
    to not devalue the exclusivity of the old packs they should just allow you to "Melt down" your cosmectics from the supporter packs into Embers sort of how star citizen lets you melt down the ships and use the credit for other packs. that way you could buy other cosmectics that everyone has access to. this way those that like their cosmectics still are unique to those that bought them and those that dont like em can use the embers on other shop cosmectics
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 10
    Venar wrote: »
    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.
    Chicago wrote: »
    Cool idea but then it would definitely devalue the cosmetics for everyone that bought it when it was available and make it less rare,

    The game has not released mate and there will be a ton more that will fit you in the future, not to mention the in game cosmetics are suppose to be even better so don't stress you will find something that matches your playstyle
    I dunno how a 1 time token to swap a set of Cosmetics devalues all the other Cosmetics and makes them less rare.
    I would definitely be willing to trade in all of my Mount Cosmetics for one Stufferton.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Dygz wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.
    I dunno how a 1 time token to swap a set of Cosmetics devalues all the other Cosmetics and makes them less rare.
    I would definitely be willing to trade in all of my Mount Cosmetics for one Stufferton.

    Your second statement here answers your first.

    If you are given a one time token to swap out cosmetics, then Stufferton becomes less rare.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 10
    While making at least one other Mount Skin more rare.

  • Options
    cupicupi Member
    At the time of purchase I paid little to no interest to the cosmetic aspect of the pack. And if I'm being honest I'll say I didn't even know there were different packs over the months. Few years later I realize how diverse they are, and although the one I ended up on isn't all that bad to my taste, I can easily imagine someone ending up on something they consider shitty relative to other packs.

    If anything, some sort of option to pick into one of the posterior packs? Personally, even if I didn't care much about cosmetics at the time of purchase I wouldn't mind now to give a little extra to have something different.
  • Options
    TexasTexas Member
    edited July 10
    They could have a player marketplace that allows players to trade shop items for shop currency with ither players. That way rare items don't flood the market, but players can trade to get the shop cosmetics as they want.
  • Options
    VenarVenar Member
    to not devalue the exclusivity of the old packs they should just allow you to "Melt down" your cosmectics from the supporter packs into Embers sort of how star citizen lets you melt down the ships and use the credit for other packs. that way you could buy other cosmectics that everyone has access to. this way those that like their cosmectics still are unique to those that bought them and those that dont like em can use the embers on other shop cosmectics

    Love that.
    Texas wrote: »
    They could have a player marketplace that allows players to trade shop items for shop currency with ither players. That way rare items don't flood the market, but players can trade to get the shop cosmetics as they want.

    Love that too, kinda like the Steam marketplace but with shop currency.
  • Options
    VenarVenar Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.
    I dunno how a 1 time token to swap a set of Cosmetics devalues all the other Cosmetics and makes them less rare.
    I would definitely be willing to trade in all of my Mount Cosmetics for one Stufferton.

    Your second statement here answers your first.

    If you are given a one time token to swap out cosmetics, then Stufferton becomes less rare.

    I see and understand what you're saying, but imo the point of the cosmetics was never about their value or "rarity" it was about supporting the devs and getting goodies in exchange... Considering they're about to reopen Alpha 2 key sales to test the new server technologies (and for the people who missed out, therefor devaluating our packs a little.) I don't see how having the option to exchange cosmetic packs (considering they all share the same value as far as im aware) is any worst. I understand it would be extra work hence why I proposed a token that they could sell for whatever cost they feel is fair. This could be a way for us, the people who missed out on the "right" cosmetic pack to get one we prefer and support the devs even a little more by paying for that exchange.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Chicago wrote: »
    It will never happen to re open old cosmetics, however what is possible is re skins of old cosmetics which will guessing will be available in the game

    Never say never. :mrgreen: hihihihihih.



    But Re-Skins would already be cool enough. I mean, the "Decaying Thrall" Battle-Pet is an absolute MUST for every Necromancer out there. >:)






    7qwk1hdnoh0b.jpg
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✗ Not looking for a guild atm
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    edited July 10
    There are only two outcomes if there are timelimited cosmetics that have become unobtainable and lets say "resonate with many players":

    1. Incredible envy and game-ending depression.
    2. Useless smugness of those who notice this and have the article.
    Personally I view both angles of this as undesirable, toxic, unncecessary, useless, counterproductive to the longevity of any RPG game and scource of the most ugly conflicts the game can have... and of course doesn't need.


    When I played WoW during the Legion Expansion there were a lot of players all concentracted in a single hub city which was shared by both factions. Dalaran.
    A super chill magic city with very beautiful ambient music.
    And when both factions reside in the same city to stand around for while waiting for all kinds of queue's to open, you can observe a fairly high amount of people.

    So... :smirk:
    ... guess what happened when I noticed a player with a cosmetic that caught my eye?
    Armor, Weapon, Mount, whatever really.
    I do not remember any of those being timelimited but most probably "raid-limited" during that time.
    And not just "LfR", aka random raid access.

    Yes thats true. I did not even SEE the players who had those items/cosmetics. :smiley:

    What I saw was the cosmetics and thats it. Mount specific speaking... there was never a rider on them.
    And none of those cosmetics ever made me want to even write anything to these people.
    Nothing like " WoW cool stuff. " or " Gratz for getting it. " nothing.




    Exceptions for when I was in roleplay events already and I saw someone walk in with a really cool armor combination full of ambience which suited the occasion.
    But in general? Successful collectors, I do not admire or envy them.
    So I really do not understand what all this fuss is about, about trying to keep rare things rare.
    I do not see the "OWNERS" of these articles anyway!
    So why this pitiful, cringe attempt of trying to be a King, when there is no crown anyway? :cookie:

    I just don't get it. People do not admire rarity, people admire abundance of charisma & personality.
    Why people try to feel special by items instead of trying to become actually special and do something that people will remember them for?

    Its so many years since Mist of Pandaria first released but I remember another player still who helped me back then when I solo'd around in the openworld, without any necessary reward for it.
    What I remember are goodhearted people.
    Not wannabe Kings adorned with Midas golden cape, which I couldn't care less about.




    Rarity is useless and fulfills only superficial conditions which never leave a collectors mind.
    I collected a lot myself so I know what I am talking about.
    And I gave up following this lonely, smug path cause it led only to toxicity.

    But there is still a collector within me and I say it as many times as I need to.
    I better not see anything in the game that makes me super depressed because it is out of my reach forever while some other honk runs around with it in front of me.
    Thats a most literal of game enders.
    Timelimted ' is ' stupid.
    It always was and always will be.

    Numbers are everything in a market and people know when they are treated like lesser humans just for having not played during a certain window of time when something was "available".
    Which is not a good plan and not a good mindset.
    If the pride of someone demands the depression of others than this is a stupid pride.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think it's ever going to happen.

    The exclusivity of preorder packs (even if it is just swapping them) is something that just can't be walked back without harming the reputation of Steven and Intrepid

    And doing so would cause a loss of faith, because if they renege on this point what stops them from going back on others?

    14nxpi0tz7ik.jpg
    Baby I'm a renegade, baby you're a firestorm.
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 10

    Hinotori wrote: »
    I don't think it's ever going to happen.

    The exclusivity of preorder packs (even if it is just swapping them) is something that just can't be walked back without harming the reputation of Steven and Intrepid

    And doing so would cause a loss of faith, because if they renege on this point what stops them from going back on others?

    14nxpi0tz7ik.jpg

    Definitley
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.
    Chicago wrote: »
    Cool idea but then it would definitely devalue the cosmetics for everyone that bought it when it was available and make it less rare,

    The game has not released mate and there will be a ton more that will fit you in the future, not to mention the in game cosmetics are suppose to be even better so don't stress you will find something that matches your playstyle
    I dunno how a 1 time token to swap a set of Cosmetics devalues all the other Cosmetics and makes them less rare.
    I would definitely be willing to trade in all of my Mount Cosmetics for one Stufferton.

    I am sure you are just trolling at this point, but for humourous sake I'll explain it to you,

    Everyone would be willing to trade one of the cosmetics in for something that was available maybe 3 years prior, seeing as they were monthly packs, 3 years prior only a handful of people were actually buying these packs

    Now you allow people to trade packs from 2022,2023 for packs sold in 2018, we have probably 30x the amount of people with access to the newish packs, the newish ones although still rare are nowhere near as rare as something sold during the Kickstarter or shortly after.

    There is a good reason that art such as a picasso or a van gogh, or a dahli all sell for so much, it's not because their really exceptional paintings it's because you can't replicate the time period they were from, and I'm sure given the chance anyone would trade something from today's age for a picasso :persevere:
  • Options
    VenarVenar Member
    Hinotori wrote: »
    I don't think it's ever going to happen.

    The exclusivity of preorder packs (even if it is just swapping them) is something that just can't be walked back without harming the reputation of Steven and Intrepid

    And doing so would cause a loss of faith, because if they renege on this point what stops them from going back on others?

    14nxpi0tz7ik.jpg

    They already have, they're going to sell alpha 2 access again without any cosmetics despite that not being an option before... im all for new players/testers but if these new people now have the option to have access to the game I feel like it would only be fair to have the options for older packs again.(assuming you already are a supporter)
    Chicago wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.
    Chicago wrote: »
    Cool idea but then it would definitely devalue the cosmetics for everyone that bought it when it was available and make it less rare,

    The game has not released mate and there will be a ton more that will fit you in the future, not to mention the in game cosmetics are suppose to be even better so don't stress you will find something that matches your playstyle
    I dunno how a 1 time token to swap a set of Cosmetics devalues all the other Cosmetics and makes them less rare.
    I would definitely be willing to trade in all of my Mount Cosmetics for one Stufferton.

    I am sure you are just trolling at this point, but for humourous sake I'll explain it to you,

    Everyone would be willing to trade one of the cosmetics in for something that was available maybe 3 years prior, seeing as they were monthly packs, 3 years prior only a handful of people were actually buying these packs

    Now you allow people to trade packs from 2022,2023 for packs sold in 2018, we have probably 30x the amount of people with access to the newish packs, the newish ones although still rare are nowhere near as rare as something sold during the Kickstarter or shortly after.

    There is a good reason that art such as a picasso or a van gogh, or a dahli all sell for so much, it's not because their really exceptional paintings it's because you can't replicate the time period they were from, and I'm sure given the chance anyone would trade something from today's age for a picasso :persevere:

    Well also the reason the ORIGINAL art piece sells for so much is because they can never be reproduced and most are unique, this is not the case with skins that anyone could have bought at any time. Theres could be hundreds of Black Scale Imperator the same way that I can take any piece of picasso and put it as my desktop background. Whats the difference between 100 and 200 people having a skin, there isnt a pack that is 100% unique and they all share the same monetary value where as picasso pieces dont. They also all share the same customer base (Early supporters) where as any rich person could buy a picasso piece for fun.

    I believe anyone who has the money deserves an Alpha 2 key, I also believe anyone who bought a Voyager pack deserves to have the cosmetic pack they like. You buying it at the right place on the time doesn't make you a better or more deserving customer, we've all contributed the same amount.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 11
    Venar wrote: »
    Hinotori wrote: »
    I don't think it's ever going to happen.

    The exclusivity of preorder packs (even if it is just swapping them) is something that just can't be walked back without harming the reputation of Steven and Intrepid

    And doing so would cause a loss of faith, because if they renege on this point what stops them from going back on others?

    14nxpi0tz7ik.jpg

    They already have, they're going to sell alpha 2 access again without any cosmetics despite that not being an option before... im all for new players/testers but if these new people now have the option to have access to the game I feel like it would only be fair to have the options for older packs again.(assuming you already are a supporter)
    Chicago wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.
    Chicago wrote: »
    Cool idea but then it would definitely devalue the cosmetics for everyone that bought it when it was available and make it less rare,

    The game has not released mate and there will be a ton more that will fit you in the future, not to mention the in game cosmetics are suppose to be even better so don't stress you will find something that matches your playstyle
    I dunno how a 1 time token to swap a set of Cosmetics devalues all the other Cosmetics and makes them less rare.
    I would definitely be willing to trade in all of my Mount Cosmetics for one Stufferton.

    I am sure you are just trolling at this point, but for humourous sake I'll explain it to you,

    Everyone would be willing to trade one of the cosmetics in for something that was available maybe 3 years prior, seeing as they were monthly packs, 3 years prior only a handful of people were actually buying these packs

    Now you allow people to trade packs from 2022,2023 for packs sold in 2018, we have probably 30x the amount of people with access to the newish packs, the newish ones although still rare are nowhere near as rare as something sold during the Kickstarter or shortly after.

    There is a good reason that art such as a picasso or a van gogh, or a dahli all sell for so much, it's not because their really exceptional paintings it's because you can't replicate the time period they were from, and I'm sure given the chance anyone would trade something from today's age for a picasso :persevere:

    Well also the reason the ORIGINAL art piece sells for so much is because they can never be reproduced and most are unique, this is not the case with skins that anyone could have bought at any time. Theres could be hundreds of Black Scale Imperator the same way that I can take any piece of picasso and put it as my desktop background. Whats the difference between 100 and 200 people having a skin, there isnt a pack that is 100% unique and they all share the same monetary value where as picasso pieces dont. They also all share the same customer base (Early supporters) where as any rich person could buy a picasso piece for fun.

    I believe anyone who has the money deserves an Alpha 2 key, I also believe anyone who bought a Voyager pack deserves to have the cosmetic pack they like. You buying it at the right place on the time doesn't make you a better or more deserving customer, we've all contributed the same amount.

    I mean I understand your point but I disagree, I can't speak for everyone here but I can almost guarantee most of us feel MMOs started going wrong when every single person had to have every single item,

    This doesn't just go for skins but some examples I'll use are, look at classic wow vs retail wow, in classic when you saw someone standing in a city in full bis gear you aspired to be like them, even if it was never realistically obtainable, in retail everyone has the same flashy gear and looks like their a dragon ball z character on steroids

    This goes for pve/PvP too, retail PvP feels bad because every single class has the same abilities, mobility, CC , defensives, there is no variety.

    I understand that the examples given are different than a one time offer that is now in obtainable but if everyone had everything it would just make them lackluster,

    There are plenty of packs that I wish I could have bought but unfortunately I didn't find the game till later during the development cycle, that does not mean I think I deserve the packs, and I can't wait to see the lucky ones in game that got them, but what it does mean is I'll be watching in the future for more items that may be. A limited time offer that I can aquire

    My last point is you stated you believe anyone that has the money Deserves an alpha 2 key?
    I don't see how, we may be more fortunate but we don't deserve it anymore than someone that can't afford the alpha keys, if I would have it my way they would all be affordable for everyone to participate, however I understand that it's not a finished game we are buying.

    You also state we have all contributed the same amount, this is also false when I'm guessing the packs you want are from a time period when an alpha 2 pack wouldn't even get you the cosmetics option you had to buy the alpha 1 or higher, which was quite a bit more iirc
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 11
    Chicago wrote: »
    Everyone would be willing to trade one of the cosmetics in for something that was available maybe 3 years prior, seeing as they were monthly packs, 3 years prior only a handful of people were actually buying these packs
    OK


    Chicago wrote: »
    Now you allow people to trade packs from 2022,2023 for packs sold in 2018, we have probably 30x the amount of people with access to the newish packs, the newish ones although still rare are nowhere near as rare as something sold during the Kickstarter or shortly after.
    I think it would have to be a deal to trade individual Cosmetics; not "packs".
    I don't know that Kickstarter and Summer Bundle items need to be included. I think those items are Exclusive; not just rare.


    Chicago wrote: »
    There is a good reason that art such as a picasso or a van gogh, or a dahli all sell for so much, it's not because their really exceptional paintings it's because you can't replicate the time period they were from, and I'm sure given the chance anyone would trade something from today's age for a picasso :persevere:
    I am sure you are just trolling at this point.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Chicago wrote: »
    This doesn't just go for skins but some examples I'll use are, look at classic wow vs retail wow, in classic when you saw someone standing in a city in full bis gear you aspired to be like them, even if it was never realistically obtainable, in retail everyone has the same flashy gear and looks like their a dragon ball z character on steroids.
    Easy enough to choose to have a unique appearance.
    Cosmetics don't change that - just helps to make momentary BiS gear much less of an eyesore.
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Chicago wrote: »
    There is a good reason that art such as a picasso or a van gogh, or a dahli all sell for so much, it's not because their really exceptional paintings it's because you can't replicate the time period they were from, and I'm sure given the chance anyone would trade something from today's age for a picasso :persevere:
    I am sure you are just trolling at this point.

    Is he trolling with this part?
    I was reading that some very skilled people created things as if were made by some famous old artists. Those works would be less valuable if the truth would be known.
    Also I find Mona Lisa ugly. I don't know why there is so much hype about that painting.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Venar wrote: »
    They already have, they're going to sell alpha 2 access again without any cosmetics despite that not being an option before... im all for new players/testers but if these new people now have the option to have access to the game I feel like it would only be fair to have the options for older packs again.(assuming you already are a supporter)

    Access has never been exclusive. The FAQ on the last pack and all their press releases said they would likely bring access back at some point in the future on the final cosmetic pack and in the lead up to it it was stated by Margaret many times on live stream.

    The cosmetic packs however ARE exclusive. And we've been repeatedly told they are never ever coming back.

    Baby I'm a renegade, baby you're a firestorm.
    du2ljngonyuq.png
  • Options
    VenarVenar Member
    Chicago wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Hinotori wrote: »
    I don't think it's ever going to happen.

    The exclusivity of preorder packs (even if it is just swapping them) is something that just can't be walked back without harming the reputation of Steven and Intrepid

    And doing so would cause a loss of faith, because if they renege on this point what stops them from going back on others?

    14nxpi0tz7ik.jpg

    They already have, they're going to sell alpha 2 access again without any cosmetics despite that not being an option before... im all for new players/testers but if these new people now have the option to have access to the game I feel like it would only be fair to have the options for older packs again.(assuming you already are a supporter)
    Chicago wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    Do you guys think it would be cool if intrepid gave us a 1 Time use token to exchange our cosmetic package with another one since they are the same value? I'm personally a big transmog fan and the appearance of my character is really important for me and there's nothing that takes me out of the game more then seeing the perfect armor set for my character on another player, googling the set and noticing that ill never be able to get it ever again. Considering the price we paid I feel like it would be nice to have a package we want instead of one we got because of circumstances.
    Chicago wrote: »
    Cool idea but then it would definitely devalue the cosmetics for everyone that bought it when it was available and make it less rare,

    The game has not released mate and there will be a ton more that will fit you in the future, not to mention the in game cosmetics are suppose to be even better so don't stress you will find something that matches your playstyle
    I dunno how a 1 time token to swap a set of Cosmetics devalues all the other Cosmetics and makes them less rare.
    I would definitely be willing to trade in all of my Mount Cosmetics for one Stufferton.

    I am sure you are just trolling at this point, but for humourous sake I'll explain it to you,

    Everyone would be willing to trade one of the cosmetics in for something that was available maybe 3 years prior, seeing as they were monthly packs, 3 years prior only a handful of people were actually buying these packs

    Now you allow people to trade packs from 2022,2023 for packs sold in 2018, we have probably 30x the amount of people with access to the newish packs, the newish ones although still rare are nowhere near as rare as something sold during the Kickstarter or shortly after.

    There is a good reason that art such as a picasso or a van gogh, or a dahli all sell for so much, it's not because their really exceptional paintings it's because you can't replicate the time period they were from, and I'm sure given the chance anyone would trade something from today's age for a picasso :persevere:

    Well also the reason the ORIGINAL art piece sells for so much is because they can never be reproduced and most are unique, this is not the case with skins that anyone could have bought at any time. Theres could be hundreds of Black Scale Imperator the same way that I can take any piece of picasso and put it as my desktop background. Whats the difference between 100 and 200 people having a skin, there isnt a pack that is 100% unique and they all share the same monetary value where as picasso pieces dont. They also all share the same customer base (Early supporters) where as any rich person could buy a picasso piece for fun.

    I believe anyone who has the money deserves an Alpha 2 key, I also believe anyone who bought a Voyager pack deserves to have the cosmetic pack they like. You buying it at the right place on the time doesn't make you a better or more deserving customer, we've all contributed the same amount.

    I mean I understand your point but I disagree, I can't speak for everyone here but I can almost guarantee most of us feel MMOs started going wrong when every single person had to have every single item,

    This doesn't just go for skins but some examples I'll use are, look at classic wow vs retail wow, in classic when you saw someone standing in a city in full bis gear you aspired to be like them, even if it was never realistically obtainable, in retail everyone has the same flashy gear and looks like their a dragon ball z character on steroids

    This goes for pve/PvP too, retail PvP feels bad because every single class has the same abilities, mobility, CC , defensives, there is no variety.

    I understand that the examples given are different than a one time offer that is now in obtainable but if everyone had everything it would just make them lackluster,

    There are plenty of packs that I wish I could have bought but unfortunately I didn't find the game till later during the development cycle, that does not mean I think I deserve the packs, and I can't wait to see the lucky ones in game that got them, but what it does mean is I'll be watching in the future for more items that may be. A limited time offer that I can aquire

    My last point is you stated you believe anyone that has the money Deserves an alpha 2 key?
    I don't see how, we may be more fortunate but we don't deserve it anymore than someone that can't afford the alpha keys, if I would have it my way they would all be affordable for everyone to participate, however I understand that it's not a finished game we are buying.

    You also state we have all contributed the same amount, this is also false when I'm guessing the packs you want are from a time period when an alpha 2 pack wouldn't even get you the cosmetics option you had to buy the alpha 1 or higher, which was quite a bit more iirc

    In wow classic there was no cosmetics. there is in ashes, its a bad comparison.

    Well its already too late, there's cosmetics people are going to look the same for a bit especially the bunch who bought the last cosmetic pack. Us being allowed to change one for another doesn't mean everyone will be wearing the same cause not one pack is better then another, its all about preference some people want to be knights, some people want to look like plague doctors, others want to look like necromancers.

    I see that you didn't play a lot of Japanese MMORPGS the cosmetics are 1000% worst then WoW which again you use classic as a comparison point which is a false equivalence. it IS too late already tho, costumes are 99% coming so the feeling or wanderlust and aspiration will already be met with sadness and contempt when seeing a player with cool armor. (and I disagree I feel like wow's transmog system/monetization of Cosmetics is one of the best although I understand your sentiment i used to feel like that a lot.)

    Not going to go into the design/balancing part of your comment since its not really what the thread is about but its an interesting conversation!

    No one would have "everything" I suggested a single use token that they could charge for to have a chance to exchange your current cosmetic pack for another one. Everyone would still have one pack, and they would still be exclusive to the people who bought a pack.

    I don't think I specifically "deserve" these packs. I just think the option could be cool. I find it really cool for you that seeing a player with a pack you would have like to had and not feel a hint of jealousy (especially since getting was most probably out of your control) I guess im not perfect. I paid quite a lot of money to support the devs and some goodies that they spent a lot of work on, i'd rather have goodies that I know ill love and use for the years to come then something I got out of circumstances.

    no you're right I agree with you on that one I mispronounced what I meant to say, English is not my first language you'll have to excuse me on that one, Yes Everyone that wants to participate and help testing should get a key if possible.

    According to the Wiki the pack I want is a Voyager plus pre-order pack and costed the same amount as the one I Paid for. According to the wiki, Voyager plus packs started in 2018. I dont know if the prices changes since then but according to the wiki it did not. It does appear that the intrepid pre-order pack and adventurer pre-order pack were a bit more expensive but I never suggested allowing EXCHANGING one of your cosmetic pack for one of greater value. Voyager plus could in my hypothetical scenarion exchange their current pack with any other Voyager plus. Adventurer pre-order could change for another Adventurer pre-order ETC...
  • Options
    VenarVenar Member
    Hinotori wrote: »
    Venar wrote: »
    They already have, they're going to sell alpha 2 access again without any cosmetics despite that not being an option before... im all for new players/testers but if these new people now have the option to have access to the game I feel like it would only be fair to have the options for older packs again.(assuming you already are a supporter)

    Access has never been exclusive. The FAQ on the last pack and all their press releases said they would likely bring access back at some point in the future on the final cosmetic pack and in the lead up to it it was stated by Margaret many times on live stream.

    The cosmetic packs however ARE exclusive. And we've been repeatedly told they are never ever coming back.

    Never said that Access was exclusive, however it was always sold as part of a expensive Cosmetic pack which according to rumors would not be the case for this one. This changes the context quite a bit... Also Intrepid was extremely vague for the who/how/where and when and a lot of people, has seen on this very forum feel confused and hurt with the recent rumors but that a whole other conversation. Anyways thats hardly the point I was trying to make...

    Intrepid (assuming they do sell access without cosmetics) have been willing to change their formula towards selling access, why not allow the people who paid for packs have the chance to get the ones they truly like instead of one they got out of circumstances (Cosmetic packs no longer being sold).
Sign In or Register to comment.