Change Cosmetic packs?

2»

Comments

• DolyemDolyem Member
    Nah, it'd be dishonest to what they've already established and advertised. That's a bad look.

And to answer the "devalue" argument objectively. The very fact that you desire cosmetics that are no longer available to you and owned by other players gives those items value.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • VenarVenar Member
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Nah, it'd be dishonest to what they've already established and advertised. That's a bad look.

And to answer the "devalue" argument objectively. The very fact that you desire cosmetics that are no longer available to you and owned by other players gives those items value.

They changed the formula for Keys I don't see why they couldn't. If they made the modern packs available to older early adopter I wouldn't be mad.

True it creates an artificial value that doesn't feel good for most people, Some older adopter might have wanted a more modern pack too There's a reason everyone hates scalpers they abuse of that first come first served mentality and while it makes sense in a limited/physical supply market, This mentality makes less sense when its a few digital lines in a database that could be that could be changed for a few queries.

we've already established that New players who wants to get into the Alpha 2 deserves to do so even if they missed out... Why not allow those who bought cosmetic packs to exchange them for another in order to have a pack they like and are going to use for years to come instead of dissatisfied people not wearing a costume they don't like out of a circumstance.

there's already quite a lot of friction when games provide 1 Pre-order package, Intrepid made like 25-40 of them. Do we really need more friction and toxicity for pre-order packages that are all worth the same monetary value?

At this point I feel like this conversation wont evolve much but I loved everyone's feedback even If i might not agree with some of y'all so i'll stop following the thread.

I hope intrepid takes some time to look at this thread and weigh both sides of the argument in order to make the right decision whatever it might be and I cant wait to see you all in Verra! Have fun and stay healthy!
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Venar wrote: »

They changed the formula for Keys I don't see why they couldn't. If they made the modern packs available to older early adopter I wouldn't be mad.

True it creates an artificial value that doesn't feel good for most people, Some older adopter might have wanted a more modern pack too There's a reason everyone hates scalpers they abuse of that first come first served mentality and while it makes sense in a limited/physical supply market, This mentality makes less sense when its a few digital lines in a database that could be that could be changed for a few queries.

we've already established that New players who wants to get into the Alpha 2 deserves to do so even if they missed out... Why not allow those who bought cosmetic packs to exchange them for another in order to have a pack they like and are going to use for years to come instead of dissatisfied people not wearing a costume they don't like out of a circumstance.

there's already quite a lot of friction when games provide 1 Pre-order package, Intrepid made like 25-40 of them. Do we really need more friction and toxicity for pre-order packages that are all worth the same monetary value?

At this point I feel like this conversation wont evolve much but I loved everyone's feedback even If i might not agree with some of y'all so i'll stop following the thread.

I hope intrepid takes some time to look at this thread and weigh both sides of the argument in order to make the right decision whatever it might be and I cant wait to see you all in Verra! Have fun and stay healthy!

Tell me where they said they'd never have alpha keys again with the last cosmetic pack? They only said cosmetics would no longer be available. Nothing disingenuous there.

But saying things that were limited are no longer limited would be disingenuous.

As for whether people deserved access or not to alpha, I'm indifferent. I say only release more as needed. If the participation gets lower, make it available again. If there are plenty of players participating, no need to add more. Nobody is owed the right to test the game unless theyve already paid for it.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    Hinotori wrote: »
    I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Makes Sense.

But You know what the most " f~ed up " fact about all of this is ? About 2018-Cosmetics and the likes ?

That some to "MANY" People who pre-ordered that 2018 Stuff, are now dead. Because "something" came around the Corner,

from People who "constantly dream and slobber over" the Fantasy and Idea, that a World with "LESS PEOPLE" inside it, would be a good thing,

and then a "Vaccination" for this "something" - came around the Corner, too. :D
    "and then" some People dropped dead "without Warning" suddenly, someday, sometime.

" It was Magic ", i tell you. :sweat_smile:

And with this, i end already what i wanted to say. In fact, by saying the bare Minimum i already said to much in a way. This is not a so called "political Forum" - and Nobody will appreciate that i don't trust Anyone who thinks they rule and "OWN" Humankind all around our beautiful Planet. ;) . :tongue:

Fact is : some People have no longer have enough of a Pulse, trying to "profit" from buying the Cosmetics around 2016, 2017, 2018 or when the first of them were around.

And the remaining Rest of us will never "see" these Cosmetics. :mrgreen:
    Or we will see them on a few, VERY rarely strewn People - who then "Wonder oh Wonder", will probably find their Way then onto the Blocklists to some to many People. :D

Like with the "Black Qiraji Battle Tank"-Mount around the Time of WoW Vanilla. :D I only saw "ONE" Person around on my Server back then. And i wondered like an Idiot why he was blocked by most People on the Server.

Then i found out about the whole Story regarding that Mount. And i was only like : " Oh ... ... " :D

Like the " Oh ... ... " - from John Wick. (hahahahahahahahahahaah)
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)
  • DripyulaDripyula Member

Yeah... the value of depression and the feeling of being treated like a lesser human being.
    I know it comes to a shock to some people in this world and they may not even understand it in their entire life, not even if a certain type of symptom can be experienced by them for +80 years or so.

But respect... cannot be forced.
    It cannot be triggered, activated, or commanded.
    This is something that builds slowly and naturally.
    And no superficial look will ever be able to invoke this.

Even naturally beautiful people IRL start to look super, mega, giga ugly if they just talk enough bs.
    And that is a very good thing.
    m3h60maohz8f.jpg
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Otr wrote: »
    Dygz wrote: »
    Chicago wrote: »
    There is a good reason that art such as a picasso or a van gogh, or a dahli all sell for so much, it's not because their really exceptional paintings it's because you can't replicate the time period they were from, and I'm sure given the chance anyone would trade something from today's age for a picasso :persevere:
    I am sure you are just trolling at this point.

Is he trolling with this part?
    I was reading that some very skilled people created things as if were made by some famous old artists. Those works would be less valuable if the truth would be known.
    Also I find Mona Lisa ugly. I don't know why there is so much hype about that painting.

It's not so much the painting it's more the artist, but I agree it is ugly lol
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    Dripyula wrote: »

Yeah... the value of depression and the feeling of being treated like a lesser human being.
    I know it comes to a shock to some people in this world and they may not even understand it in their entire life, not even if a certain type of symptom can be experienced by them for +80 years or so.

But respect... cannot be forced.
    It cannot be triggered, activated, or commanded.
    This is something that builds slowly and naturally.
    And no superficial look will ever be able to invoke this.

Even naturally beautiful people IRL start to look super, mega, giga ugly if they just talk enough bs.
    And that is a very good thing.

You good?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Realistically they just need to make the new cosmetics as good as the old ones, it's no secret that over the years the cosmetics sort of went down hill, but there will be better ones in game I am sure
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Chicago wrote: »
    Realistically they just need to make the new cosmetics as good as the old ones, it's no secret that over the years the cosmetics sort of went down hill, but there will be better ones in game I am sure

Ehhhh. Okay racials are cool
    but for me they peaked with this tree and its not that old (relatively).

I saw it and it was an instant win, pack it up. Go home. Everything other than this tree can gtfo. It's so pretty and sparkly. 100/10 would tree again.

4swbkddm6vc2.png
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here.
    And all the emptiness inside disappears.
  • Aszkalon wrote: »
    Hinotori wrote: »
    I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Makes Sense.

But You know what the most " f~ed up " fact about all of this is ? About 2018-Cosmetics and the likes ?

That some to "MANY" People who pre-ordered that 2018 Stuff, are now dead. Because "something" came around the Corner,

from People who "constantly dream and slobber over" the Fantasy and Idea, that a World with "LESS PEOPLE" inside it, would be a good thing,

and then a "Vaccination" for this "something" - came around the Corner, too. :D
    "and then" some People dropped dead "without Warning" suddenly, someday, sometime.

" It was Magic ", i tell you. :sweat_smile:

And with this, i end already what i wanted to say. In fact, by saying the bare Minimum i already said to much in a way. This is not a so called "political Forum" - and Nobody will appreciate that i don't trust Anyone who thinks they rule and "OWN" Humankind all around our beautiful Planet. ;) . :tongue:

Fact is : some People have no longer have enough of a Pulse, trying to "profit" from buying the Cosmetics around 2016, 2017, 2018 or when the first of them were around.

And the remaining Rest of us will never "see" these Cosmetics. :mrgreen:
    Or we will see them on a few, VERY rarely strewn People - who then "Wonder oh Wonder", will probably find their Way then onto the Blocklists to some to many People. :D

Like with the "Black Qiraji Battle Tank"-Mount around the Time of WoW Vanilla. :D I only saw "ONE" Person around on my Server back then. And i wondered like an Idiot why he was blocked by most People on the Server.

Then i found out about the whole Story regarding that Mount. And i was only like : " Oh ... ... " :D

Like the " Oh ... ... " - from John Wick. (hahahahahahahahahahaah)

Leave your tinfoil conspiracy out of this forum. There are middle aged Facebook mom groups for that.
  • AszkalonAszkalon Member
    StickyRubb wrote: »
    Leave your tinfoil conspiracy out of this forum. There are middle aged Facebook mom groups for that.

If you want to call Doctors all around the World - who can 100% clear explain to You why a certain "Vaccination" killed countless People - "Conspiracy Theorists", then sure - go ahead. :mrgreen:

The sad Part about this is, when People like you right now act like they are to stupid to understand medical Science. It's okay if our Monkey-Relatives can not understand. We however should be smarter. ;)

The not so sad part is - > Please tell me you got the Shot as well. :mrgreen: i would be completely fine with that. :smile:
    a50whcz343yn.png
    ✓ Occasional Roleplayer
    ✓ Kinda starting to look for a Guild right now. (German)