Kicker starter backer gets screwed

KerSplatKerSplat Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
Back in 2017 when kickstarter was active a 100$ backer got phase two beta but now you can buy with the same $ alpha? If this is the case why not give all kickstarters $100 or more alpha test as well considering backers help push the game forward. Just seems unfair that for $100 backer gets beta and $100 from store gets alpha.

Comments

• KerSplat wrote: »
    Back in 2017 when kickstarter was active a 100$ backer got phase two beta but now you can buy with the same $ alpha? If this is the case why not give all kickstarters $100 or more alpha test as well considering backers help push the game forward. Just seems unfair that for $100 backer gets beta and $100 from store gets alpha.

You aren't just buying alpha access u have months of game time and tons of cosmetics. The Alpha key is mainly what you get with the current keys they are selling which its value is much lower then the package you bought.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 31
    Invite to Closed Beta - Phase 1
    1 Additional Month of game time (3 Total)
    Character name reservation - 1 Name reservation
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Obsidian Stallion
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Falcon pet
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Character Pioneer's cloak
    Kickstarter Exclusive - Freehold appearance bundle Tier 1
    Access to in-game Chat Emoji pack - Tier 3
    Additional character creation customization options - Tier 3
    Unique "Pioneer" forum badge
    Unique in-game character title "Pioneer"
    That is what you got for $100.

However, if you want access to alpha 2, all you need to do is upgrade your package from the $100 one to the $125 one - which also happens to include an additional months subscription that is worth $15.

Basically, if you bought that $100 package, alpha 2 access is available to you for the price of one months subscription, plus $10.

If anyone is getting "screwed" here, it is the people paying $100 for what you can get for $10.
  • KerSplat wrote: »

100 USD back then are worth more than 100 USD now. so even though both cost 100, your 100 were more valuable back then and you got things for them.
  • Noaani wrote: »

However, if you want access to alpha 2, all you need to do is upgrade your package from the $100 one to the $125 one - which also happens to include an additional months subscription that is worth $15.

Basically, if you bought that $100 package, alpha 2 access is available to you for the price of one months subscription, plus $10.

If anyone is getting "screwed" here, it is the people paying $100 for what you can get for $10.

On one hand I see what your saying and i am sympathetic on the other you got name reservation for 100 bucks makes me want to slap you with that same hand. I have to spend 350 to get name reservation and someone like you gets to chose before me and possible take my name which would my 350 invest pointless. :wink:
  • scottstone7scottstone7 Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    KerSplat wrote: »

We did help push the game forward, and it’s coming along nicely. I don’t see any valid reason for them to add onto the package you already pledged to, you knew what all that particular package contained when you decided to purchase it.

I still have the option to upgrade my original Kickstarter package so I’m sure you do as well. If you do not want to purchase a new pack with alpha keys just upgrade your original Kickstarter package. My upgrades are just the difference between the old and new package. So, your pledge was Pioneer? Looks like a $50 upgrade to Founder gets you alpha 2 access and some other goodies.
  • This is very Walmart Karen thinking.
    No commercial enterprise offers up more shares or goods for free if an offer changes over time or is obliged to sweeten your deal if you were an early backer. I think it's incredibly generous of AOC to put a discounted offer out at all.
    Back in 2017 you got what you paid for and you were happy to invest as a kick starter to get digital assets and some early access exclusivity, which you'd have used up at the time. If you want some more, just pay for some more.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Zehlan wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

On one hand I see what your saying and i am sympathetic on the other you got name reservation for 100 bucks makes me want to slap you with that same hand. I have to spend 350 to get name reservation and someone like you gets to chose before me and possible take my name which would my 350 invest pointless. :wink:

Name reservation was basically never something you should have gone out of your way to purchase - just due to the nature of how they did it.

People buying kicksrarter and the other early supporter packs weren't thinking about name resrvation back then, but they got then anyway.

By the time it became something to actually consider, there were ao many people with it that if your preferred name was even somewhat common, someone would snap it up that was going to get their name before anyone else that was coming along.

At that point (honestly, about 2020), either your name was obscure enough that no one was going to use it anyway, or someone with their place in the queue ahead of you would probably take it.

The only other thing I can see is someone taking your preferred name for malicious reasons - but that person not paying for a reservation.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    Zehlan wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »

Name reservation was basically never something you should have gone out of your way to purchase - just due to the nature of how they did it.

People buying kicksrarter and the other early supporter packs weren't thinking about name resrvation back then, but they got then anyway.

By the time it became something to actually consider, there were ao many people with it that if your preferred name was even somewhat common, someone would snap it up that was going to get their name before anyone else that was coming along.

At that point (honestly, about 2020), either your name was obscure enough that no one was going to use it anyway, or someone with their place in the queue ahead of you would probably take it.

The only other thing I can see is someone taking your preferred name for malicious reasons - but that person not paying for a reservation.

Wasn't meant that they would do it out of malice was just bringing up the point that what he has is very valuable in it's own right.
  • Knickerbocker picker pecker
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    KerSplat wrote: »

Don't buy alpha 2 key. Upgrade your package in the store for $50 that's what I did
  • Arteval78Arteval78 Member
    edited September 11
    I bought a package many years ago (something with “adventurer” or “pioneer” in the title of the package).

A few years ago, this package had disappeared from my inventory and order history. At this point I contacted support and they helped me.
    Unfortunately, this has happened again. I don't know what's happening here. I find it quite strange that it happens twice.

In the meantime, I am unable to provide proof that I bought such a package many years ago.
    What's currently happening with the new alpha packages, pisses me off.

At that time, the purchase for alpha access was limited in time. Now you are excluded from the Alpha/Beta because the purchased package is no longer available in your inventory.

I really don't feel like supporting this game anymore.
  • Honestly anyone paying hundreds of $$$ on a game that doesn't exists is indeed getting screwed. For the millionth time people, pre-ordering games is one of the dumbest things you can do. Buying access to an alpha test is dumb, if they need testers guess what, they would invite testers. So.... you all played yerselves.
  • Taaku wrote: »
    Honestly anyone paying hundreds of $$$ on a game that doesn't exists is indeed getting screwed. For the millionth time people, pre-ordering games is one of the dumbest things you can do. Buying access to an alpha test is dumb, if they need testers guess what, they would invite testers. So.... you all played yerselves.

What a dumb comment lol
  • Taaku wrote: »
    Honestly anyone paying hundreds of $$$ on a game that doesn't exists is indeed getting screwed. For the millionth time people, pre-ordering games is one of the dumbest things you can do. Buying access to an alpha test is dumb, if they need testers guess what, they would invite testers. So.... you all played yerselves.

What a dumb comment lol

Not really, even though I bought the alpha 2 first wave package, I still think he is right.

As to the OP, getting screwed without a doubt, if AoC, had anything about them, that was not just money grabbing, they would pop Alpha 2 onto your package free of charge, but they won’t.

The Immortals
    • We Lived a Thousand Lives, United we Stand.
    • Recruitment
  • QuarantineQuarantine Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Arteval78 wrote: »
    I bought a package many years ago (something with “adventurer” or “pioneer” in the title of the package).

A few years ago, this package had disappeared from my inventory and order history. At this point I contacted support and they helped me.
    Unfortunately, this has happened again. I don't know what's happening here. I find it quite strange that it happens twice.

In the meantime, I am unable to provide proof that I bought such a package many years ago.
    What's currently happening with the new alpha packages, pisses me off.

At that time, the purchase for alpha access was limited in time. Now you are excluded from the Alpha/Beta because the purchased package is no longer available in your inventory.

I really don't feel like supporting this game anymore.

Have you tried searching your emails? Something like this happened to me, and I realized it was how I set up the account after searching through my emails. Especially if you have more than one email, you might consider this possibility. If not, the team has always been very patient and helpful resolving my issues. I think that's good customer service, worth giving them a chance, even if there has been a glitch. Good luck!
  • Arteval78Arteval78 Member
    edited September 13
    Thank you. I had changed my e-mail address/provider in the meantime and updated my account accordingly. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to my old mails. I made the mistake of not saving them.

But it's okay. It's not the end of the world. :)