Ideas on goldsellers and ban that feels?

2»

Comments

• RMT makes gold a lot of different ways: Cheating/hacks, botting, market manipulation, buying gold from players cheap$, and many more. To choke off their sources of gold completely is tough, because they just need one good one.

Detecting RMT delivery of gold is less tough, but can be full of false positives. You still want to avoid banning crafters/traders/guilds that are doing things very similar RMT, but without the real $$ sales part.

In the end it comes down to Intrepid allocating development time and hiring real investigative people to do the tracking and review.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Kilion wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    These products are fairly well established in many parts of the world. I can buy a pre-paid single use credit card from my local supermarket - similar to how some people would buy a Steam card.

Many players from many parts of the world use this kind of card for all online purchases as an additional form of security.

But they might not be made available for payment options, if they cause an influx of gold sellers.
    Might be a lead to finding a solution.
    My understanding is that to the merchant, these products appear as a regular credit card.

That is kind of their point.

The only way to not accept them would be to not accept Visa Or Mastercard.
    And digital security companies as well as gaming companies have an equal amount of experience. With Intrepid having had some pretty seasoned staff members, I assume they are not going into this entirely green.
    Indeed they do.

However, it is easier to scout around trying to find one hole to abuse than it is to attempt to maintain the entire security parameter.

Gold sellers and those trying to stop them are at a constant cat and mouse game, but one where the gold sellers always have the upper hand.