Greetings, glorious testers!

Check out Alpha Two Announcements here to see the latest news on Alpha Two.
Check out general Announcements here to see the latest news on Ashes of Creation & Intrepid Studios.

To get the quickest updates regarding Alpha Two, connect your Discord and Intrepid accounts here.

Hourly subscription

2»

Comments

• ShivaFangShivaFang Member, Alpha Two
    Anything less than $1 an hour is barely worth billing for. So unless you are going to be playing less than 15 hours a month it's really moot.
  • I am STRONGLY opposed to this.

The $15 a month don't just pay the devs, this is also an entry barrier for bot networks.
    You need to make at least $15 per account before it gets banned.

Personally I even think it is too low.
    You should have to get an initial sub costing at least $45 to enter (and then opt to pay monthly after the 3 month have run out - maybe even give ppl a pause option for breaks 1 months or longer).

Having a costbarrier any lower will exponentially increase the number of bots running around and f** the economy.

Other approaches can be problematic legally (ident via SSN or TaxId for example) depending on the country.

This also weirds me out a bit, since $15 in 2024 money really isn't that much. The '06 price point of ~$14 Wow had was actually way higher in comparison.
    Per hour price would probably have to be ~$2 to be worth the hassle and at that point maybe you should play another game that is less time-intensive.
    (To be clear: I am not trying to gatekeep, but with under 10h/month you are looking at insane timeframes in a game that projects 45 days at 4-6h per WEEK to get to max level - I'd rather play something like the recent GW Game that takes about 10h to finish then).
  • CROW3CROW3 Member, Alpha Two
    All you can eat for $9.99. Pretty simple service sub model that's been used for decades.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • BlackBronyBlackBrony Member, Alpha Two
    I hope they charge for the hour, but also, the hours expire the same month. That solves all the problems.
    Also the game is to cheap. Considering inflation and new prices, the sub should be around 35$, that would be a much reasonable price.
  • OtrOtr Member, Alpha Two
    BlackBrony wrote: »
    I hope they charge for the hour, but also, the hours expire the same month. That solves all the problems.
    Also the game is to cheap. Considering inflation and new prices, the sub should be around 35$, that would be a much reasonable price.

Let's see the game first.
  • JeanPhilippeGungharJeanPhilippeGunghar Member, Alpha One, Alpha Two, Early Alpha Two
    An idea would to have a minimum of hours someone can sub to be viable for Intrepid.