Character Creation - Photo Upload Creator Option?

ZannaZanna Member, Alpha Two
I discovered this technology when I tried Throne & Liberty's character creation system.

I love the ability to simply upload a photo and then the system takes the information provided and brings my likeness into my character - I'm one of those players who likes to imagine myself IN the game instead of behind the screen, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

Having the ability to upload your image and then have it blend with the characteristics of the class traits could be an even cooler aspect of this customization.

I'm taking into consideration how useful this would be for not only roleplayers but also even people who dread character customization and just want something that looks cool but not like everyone else - as well as those who just suck at making characters look good no matter how hard they try (or don't).

These are just my thoughts, quite interested in hearing other's points of view on the subject. What are the pros & cons of this technology?

The character creation I've seen advertised so far in my opinion is already incredible, I think this would just be a more customized approach to the character creation now that I know the technology already exists elsewhere.

Comments

• SnowElfSnowElf Member, Alpha Two
    edited October 9
    I have -ALWAYS- wanted a feature like this in MMOs, and Yes, Throne and Liberty has incorporated it which is awesome!!! With that being said, it does feel like the technology is still in its infancy stage after I had tinkered with it for an hour or so. I've uploaded several different photos of myself and others to test it out and the results were somewhat lackluster, and sometimes even causing errors. It doesn't seem to capture the likeness to perfection yet, sometimes changing my eyes from blue to green, or causing bizarre results overall.

Pros - it exists in some games!
    Cons - needs polishing and refinement.

I do hope that AoC does have this feature though if it doesn't exist yet! :)