Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

question: If you Inn gains levels, does that mean it gets bigger over time?

I have not looked this up, only that we can lvel up the Inns, as we do business day to day. But I was wondering, outside of new things to add, and options for the Inn. Will the Inn get bigger two?

Examples expanded areas to add more tables, more sleeping rooms, more levels going up stairs, and dare I say an underground entrance to a questing area?

Ok the questing add on is a huge wish list item, but if the Inn will get higher levels, will it take on a new shape inside and out?

Just wondering.

Comments

• Options
    If the Inn is part of a node and the node levels up, i would imagine that your inn also gets bigger. I dont have any solid evidence that it does though
  • Options
    I don't know if your inn would gain levels but as you earn wealth from your inn, i'd imagine you could maybe build a bigger inn that takes up more of your freehold.
  • Options
    I forget the live stream, but it was said that the Inns would gain in levels. Maybe it was based on the node system, not sure, but I would think your freehold as a whole would grow with the node, not the Inn itself. That's my understanding, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    That's a cool idea... I'd rather it be based on money though. To be able to expand your inn, reinvest with things like better preservers, better cooking equipment, better furniture. All these things could provide passive buffs or increase the quality of the items you provide. Maybe build an entertainment area for bards and minstrels.

As a node, I'd like there to be an option for the leaders to grant permits to expand that way you don't have to only rely on yourself. I wonder if we can make a tavern/inn on our freeholds... If that's the case it should be based off of money.
  • Options
    what if I can upgrade a grave into a crypt which then upgrades into a  mausoleum then the final upgrades is a Necropolis ^^
  • Options
    Granthor said:

I have not looked this up, only that we can lvel up the Inns, as we do business day to day. But I was wondering, outside of new things to add, and options for the Inn. Will the Inn get bigger two?

Examples expanded areas to add more tables, more sleeping rooms, more levels going up stairs, and dare I say an underground entrance to a questing area?

Ok the questing add on is a huge wish list item, but if the Inn will get higher levels, will it take on a new shape inside and out?

Just wondering.

Suggestion: post this question in the Live Stream question forum.
  • Options
    The inn improves and will be able to provide higher level quests.
    I don't think it automatically gets bigger as it levels.
    You may be able to add more rooms to make it bigger yourself - if size is limited by level.
    I think you have to personally build and improve the structures on your freeholds.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    Granthor said:

Just wondering.

Hopefully they'll remember us filthy forum dwellers this time.
  • Options
    Loyheta said:
    T-Elf said:
    Granthor said:

Just wondering.

Hopefully they'll remember us filthy forum dwellers this time.
    yeah, we don't get much love here on the forums.
  • Options
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    The inn improves and will be able to provide higher level quests.
    I don't think it automatically gets bigger as it levels.
    You may be able to add more rooms to make it bigger yourself - if size is limited by level.
    I think you have to personally build and improve the structures on your freeholds.

If that's the case it makes since, I just wish they gave more detailed ideas to what they are doing with Inn/taverns. I get the basic idea, but how will we grow them is what I am looking for.
  • Options
    I don't think the freeholds will get bigger, rather through node leveling or character investment. This would require nodes to be separated even further apart if IS doesn't want mini subdivisions. I could be wrong, but I kind of hope I am not.

I don't think node leaders should be able to grant writs to expand freehold footprints either. This would allow a guild mate that happened to be a node leader to only grant writs to other guild members, that shouldn't be a thing. Even in castle nodes I think all freeholds should have the same footprint.

As for leveling the Inn, they might allow "perk trees" like guilds will have. That would be super cool because it would allow a lot more customization outside of specialty brews, soups, and decor/design. If they are in the city I totally think they will expand as the node levels, I actually thought that along with in node housing and shops was confirmed. I might be wrong... again :grimace:.

• Options
    <insert speculation disclaimer here>Here is my take on it. The inn does indeed get bigger. You will need the blueprint to level it up once the prereqs are met. This fits with the reading of "larger inns will have a map room available" For those of you Kickstarter, look at the summer freehold skins that very clearly show 3 increasingly larger buildings of the same type. Will they count toward your plot count? Unknown. But would make sense. If we have, let say 8 plots that we can choose to build different things on inside our standard sized freehold. Your level 1 inn takes 1 plot..level 2 takes 2 and so on. So if you want a larger inn, you have to give up something else, which does fit with their "not everyone can be everything" mentality.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    The freehold land area doesn't increase, but the buildings on the freeholds will be able to expand. So, it's about expanding the blueprint -as USE alludes to- not the footprint of the entire freehold.

In-node housing does change size in accordance with the stage of the node. Yes.
  • Options
    I had a similar type question that actually was asked of Steven during one of the ashes of creation community podcasts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni4DTaN6JvQ&amp;t=228s
    Time stamp 48:02

While it does not relate specifically to inns or if they grow in size it does give a hint that levelling of such establishments is related to time and activity of the owner. Relates to freeholds but then you can place Inn's on freeholds as we know.