Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How many accounts?

How many accounts do you plan on having, and why?  I'm personally torn here.  I know that at least two will allow me to do more things, and eventually be a little more self sufficient with my play time.  But, if Ashes allows multiples of the same client to run simultaneously, then there may not be a need.  Also, if you do plan on getting more than one account, are you going to buy now for some free sub time, or at launch once you have a real feel for things?

Comments

• Options
    Intrepid have said that multi-boxing is something that they will look at later. That being said, they did say that having multiple accounts would be fine, as long as each one is run on a separate machine and controlled separately. Things that automate gameplay will be frowned upon, and since most multiboxers rely on action macros rather than clicking on each button for each character at the same time, they are going to be SOoL unless Intrepid change their stance and want the game botted to high heaven.
  • Options
    Intrepid have said that multi-boxing is something that they will look at later. That being said, they did say that having multiple accounts would be fine, as long as each one is run on a separate machine and controlled separately. Things that automate gameplay will be frowned upon, and since most multiboxers rely on action macros rather than clicking on each button for each character at the same time, they are going to be SOoL unless Intrepid change their stance and want the game botted to high heaven.
    I still envision a lot of utility for more than one account, even if you are not trying to use multi-box software to facilitate it, would you agree?
  • Options
    Sure, there will always be utility in having more of something (cept herpes). It all comes down to what you value your hard earned shekels at. Intrepid doesn't care if you pay for 5 accounts, more power to ya having all that time. They are still getting the scratch for them. Place all 5 of your freeholds right next to each other depending on how close the placement range is, specialize each one so you can become a crafting god. You are still going to pay $15 a month. More money for the company means longer viability of the game, so go nuts. What you are not going to be able to do is log on to all 5 accounts on one computer. Line your toons up, put them all on follow macro, and go run across the countryside grinding or gathering resources by tapping one key for all 5. The QTE "sweet spot "combo mechanic that everyone lost their shit over during the first PAX has been said to be quite present in other actions, making bot automation even less viable.
  • Options
    HAULERS TRAINS  TCHOOOOOO TCHOOOOOO    :D:D:D      :*  <3