Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is the number of house in the city?

Hello,

Was wandering what is the number of spaces/ houses are going to be available in the city, i thing this is a good question because will make us clear if we are able to get a house in the to grow whit the future metropolis and what is the price for the land for it, basically how those it  work to get a house in a city 

Comments

• Options
    we don't know exactly, all we know is that number will grow as the node develops, but we don't know how many will fit in a single node, it's most likely going to change from node to node depending on leadership choices, like opening more housing spaces, or maybe in the topology of where the node is located limiting the space for housing.
    For example a coastal node may have less room for housing than a plains node who knows. Or maybe the leaders can choose to open up a market instead of a new residential district.

In short: we don't know, maybe Nodes part 3 will shed some light, or maybe we won't know until betas.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Santy182 said:
    "maybe Nodes part 3 will shed some light," 
    @Santy182 Nodes part 3?!? is there a thread about it ? can you share a link or tag me in them if you know.

Thank you :wink:
  • Options
    Nodes part 3 is an in depth video explaining the node's mechanics further, but it has not been released yet. We've been waiting for it for over a year and we know it's getting closer to release but we don't know when it will drop or even what topics it'll deal with.
  • Options
    Nodes part 3 is a meme. 
  • Options
    @Spun666 got it :wink:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    it's not just a meme, they promised a 4 part nodes series from the start. It's only a meme because they are taking so long to come out so everyone makes fun of it and are saying its Ashes' version of Half-life 3. But unlike Half life 3 this one is officially announced to be in the works. here are the parts that are out:

the announcement of part 3 is in the works: https://youtu.be/NsPR_a2n5SM?t=39m40s

• Options
    I actually hadn't seen those videos. Thanks for the links.

I love how Steve said "soon" back in April. But I'm hardly going to hold any delays against them. I'd rather they focus on developing the game, and let the videos come when they are ready. It is also possible that they have made changes to the node system that would have caused them to scrap the wip iteration of Nodes Part 3 and start again.
  • Options
    Right now we still dont know how many houses there will be overall but I do think something similar to apartments was also mentioned in one of the node videos. 
  • Options
    1. It's a viking long house and we all live in it together.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I call dibs on the single bedroom at the top of the stairs!
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Be a shame if a fire started 💀