Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AOC on Steam?

Hello, do apologise if this question have been put gain, if any one know, will AOC be on Steam? Any info is  much appreciated. :wink:  

Comments

• Options
    Heya @beyond8, Intrepid are planning on self publishing on their own launcher.
  • Options
    Thank you @lexmax, so no Steam related, and if it`s not a problem to you and are able to tell me, when we buy a "Intrepid Pre-Order Pack" we all so buying the game? or is something else.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    The game itself is free, as are any future dlc or expansions. The only thing you have to pay for is the sub fee of $15 US/month. Buying a pre-order pack gets you into testing and other cosmetic perks and depending on the level will have differing amounts of that sub fee already included. Purchase of a pre-order pack is not required to play the game come live launch, and should only be done if you want to test a game that is not finished. Sub fees included in the packages won't start until after live launch and not during testing phases.

So there are 4 direct quotes from the man himself, the last one was in response to someone saying, "We will see......."
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError you say something " if you want to test a game that is not finished " from were shell i get the game to test it out ? More that happy to download and see what it`s all about inside the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The game is currently in A0 testing which is under NDA. This testing has been described by them as checks of various backend systems concerning multiplayer and the custom backend they build to supplement things that were missing from UE4. It does not give someone a "game" to play. A1 access which when purchased through the $500 pack will start sometime early q4 this year. That will NOT be an "early access" experience as most people know from countless other unfinished games on Steam. It will be most likely small scale scheduled and reserved time slots testing various pvp and combat scenarios in A1 Phase 1. In A1P2 (yes, that is a thing) they will be testing having a full server population on at one time. The first look people will get at what the game will begin to look like will be with the A2 scheduled for sometime next year. That will be an "always on" server that will only be taken up and down for various patches. Once that concludes they will move on to more polish and integration of systems and mechanics during the betas that will take place all next year. Then if all goes swimmingly, live launch release sometime in Q4 next year to come in under the often quoted "before 2020". If you want to not purchase a package, then that will be your first chance to download the game and play it. There is no "free trial" planned or announced so far.  Since none of the purchased alphas or betas are under NDA, people will be streaming them from the beginning of the process, so if you really are interested and don't want to test, you can always watch a stream.

And finally before the inevitable question. All progress during the testing phases will be wiped. There will be no advantage to playing earlier than others than having some hands on information that anyone who watches the multiple streams that will be available will have. Live launch, everyone starts fresh, new, starry-eyed characters on localized servers depending on region. Most people since it is a game with pvp will play on their server that gives the least lag. So all the testing people will scatter to EU, NA, and OCE servers (so far confirmed) at launch.
  • Options
    beyond89 said:
    Thank you @lexmax, so no Steam related, and if it`s not a problem to you and are able to tell me, when we buy a "Intrepid Pre-Order Pack" we all so buying the game? or is something else.

Hi @beyond89

You can purchase the pre-order packs on the store. The Intrepid pack includes exclusive cosmetics and early access to the Alphas and Betas. If you want Alpha-1 access you'll need to buy in the next day. The next Intrepid pack will not include this.

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/shop/
  • Options
    Thank you @lexmax and @UnknownSystemError for all of the guidance and info that you provide  me .
  • Options
    I kinda hope you can still add it to the steam launcher like other games, so you can let other friends know you're playing.  
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    you can add anything to steam hell I even launch spotify from my steam client

• Options
    steam has a bad way of staining MMOS with its review system so Ideally, I hope it stays off steam.
  • Options
    Not to mention I usually don't see MMO's on Steam until it's "Free Play" weekend and I am hoping IS never get's that desperate!

In the end, it's up to the quality of production and us as a community to keep the game alive!
  • Options
    Not a fan of steam personally I only use it if the game I want isn't available DRM free. I tend to buy directly from publisher or at GOG as first and second choices. If you do decide to release it on steam I would only do so when the game is complete and in a highly polished state where its not likely to get negative reviews.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    steam has a bad way of staining MMOS with its review system so Ideally, I hope it stays off steam.
    But I love reading salty gamer reviews.

"0/5 🌟 I got killed in PvP. Trash game."

"1/5 🌟 this game has terrible graphics. I play it in my Duo Core with 1G RAM and Nvidia 320 running Windows Vista. The game doesn't run well at all. Fun quests though."

"0/5 🌟 fk u and dis cumpny. Gam sux bro. Git gud."

"2/5 🌟  Unable to play as an anime girl with DD bewbs and a rocketlauncher for an arm. This game made me spill my tendy dipping sauce and my mom was mad."

"0/5 🌟 fuuuuuuuu7uuuuuuuuuuhdhhk"

"0/5 🌟 I don't know why anyone would waste their time. The servers weren't up for more than a few minutes. I tried logging in during launch and servers were down. No game ever has had problems with server stability at launch. This must be a direct insult to me and is disrespectful. DON'T BUY THIS GAME"

"2/5 🌟 I bought this game by mistake. They won't give me a refund. I then got banned for exercising my free speach by saying (moderated by Steam Admin)"
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    nagash said:

"1/5 🌟 this game has terrible graphics. I play it in my Duo Core with 1G RAM and Nvidia 320 running Windows Vista. The game doesn't run well at all. Fun quests though."

"2/5 🌟  Unable to play as an anime girl with DD bewbs and a rocketlauncher for an arm. This game made me spill my tendy dipping sauce and my mom was mad."

"0/5 🌟 I don't know why anyone would waste their time. The servers weren't up for more than a few minutes. I tried logging in during launch and servers were down. No game ever has had problems with server stability at launch. This must be a direct insult to me and is disrespectful. DON'T BUY THIS GAME"

"2/5 🌟 I bought this game by mistake. They won't give me a refund. I then got banned for exercising my free speach by saying (moderated by Steam Admin)"
    so your the person who spams my favorite games ^^
  • Options
    -9.5/5 I managed to break the system and the admin condensed all my reviews into one with an average of - 9.5. Thanks Steam, don't buy ashes sub its a waste. It costs monthly! Who does that *while petting a wow copy*. Oh and its somehow a Wow clone.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Karthos said:
    nagash said:

When they removed XP/Vista and 32 bit support from WoW last month this was an actual complaint all over the forums.

Never underestimate the amount of people using 10+ year old hardware.
  • Options

I doubt youll see any serious mmorpg launch their game on steam after Bless Online.  The launch day issues which turned into refunds and horrible reviews, then to add fuel on the fire every day the reddit would post how the concurrent viewers decreased.  Steam is where mmorpgs go to squeeze the last bit of money out of their dieing game. 

• Options
    Karthos said:
    nagash said:

Don't forget "0/5 🌟This MMO is the worst top-down full loot first person shooter platform game EVER!"