Alpha 1 Date Clarification

I watched the video on PAX West and also browsed all the messages by Steven on discord but I still couldn't get a clarification on a specific question: Exactly when does the rest of the 9 thousand intrepid buyers, kickstarter backers (BoW), and summer crowders (BoW) get to hop into alpha 1 phase 1? He mentioned emails will go out today or Wednesday for an esoteric group of people, but what about the rest of us who bought into alpha 1? When exactly do we get to hop in? (I bought the intrepid pack late July, so I'm guessing near the end of September?)

Comments

• Who else is refreshing their e-mails lol
  • Our goal right now for all alpha 1 backers is the end of September. I will have a more definitive date after the first rounds of stress testing ❤️
  • GMSteven said:
    Our goal right now for all alpha 1 backers is the end of September. I will have a more definitive date after the first rounds of stress testing ❤️
    Thanks bae ❤
    Love you Sandal God.
  • GMSteven said:
    Our goal right now for all alpha 1 backers is the end of September. I will have a more definitive date after the first rounds of stress testing ❤️
    Sandal God to thy I offer my broken F5 key and unending hype.
  • I gotta admit, as one of the KS backers I'm pretty excited to test/play the game.
  • I need my new alpha fix 
  • GMSteven said:
    Thank you for the prompt response. I too, am excited for alpha 1.
  • Is there a link to download the game when we get our invite? Or am I missing something.
  • vampora said:
    Is there a link to download the game when we get our invite? Or am I missing something.
    Have you received an invite?
  • instructions will most likely be in the invite itself and if not they will be in a following e-mail shortly after
  • Time is so slow when you're waiting for it. Looking forward to A1.
  • Kratz said:
    Time is so slow when you're waiting for it. Looking forward to A1.
    But still the sunken stars appear
    In dark and windless Mirrormere;
    There lies his crown in water deep,
    Till Durin wakes again from sleep.

And rest assured, there'll be much a' whoopin' when that day happens...
  • *Soon*...  !!  <3<3<3
  • Hype getting real for sure B)
  • I will be serving up some beers soon™    !!!
  • Everyday that I don't receive the email to get into Alpha 1...well you can fill in the blank.
  • They are waiting to allow the true VIP's to enter a bit late, got to have style y'know ;)
  • I got lucky I guess because I already got an email for Alpha 1 Stress testing. I hope everyone else will see any emails for testing soon!
  • Everyday we get close to the holy light
  • Everyday there is no email, is another day my houseplant will not get watered.... It's death is in your hands! :P
  • I am super stoked. Got my selection email, just awaiting the next email!
  • Demondim, I did not receive one yet. I was just curious if we needed to look for a download link somewhere or if the link was in the email or something to that effect.
  • vampora said:
    Demondim, I did not receive one yet. I was just curious if we needed to look for a download link somewhere or if the link was in the email or something to that effect.
    Here is the probable timeline. You will get an email saying you've been selected. Once they decide to open it up for your group you will see a download link for the launcher on your Ashes account. You click on that and start the process. Once you are all set, you will log on with the login credentials that they will provide you in separate email. Those will most likely work only during your assigned testing window. (not confirmed). Later as they ramp up past the stress test those will become credentials that are good anytime, not scheduled time slots. Even farther down the line once they active true account integration to the server, you will use your Ashes account name to login with a password picked by you.
  • Anyone know if this first initial phase for Sept will be under NDA?
  • Ruanku said:
    Anyone know if this first initial phase for Sept will be under NDA?
    It will not, which is why so many people will be streaming it freely :D
  • Giftedfox said:
    Ruanku said:
    Awesome :smiley: can't wait to... watch other people... play it... :'(
  • Ruanku said:
    Giftedfox said:
    Ruanku said:
    Awesome :smiley: can't wait to... watch other people... play it... :'(
    Unfortunately it is under NDA for now because it’s a bit raw and they don’t want that footage getting out if they run into technical problems.  I don’t blame them, you don’t want people prejudiced against the game because they saw glitches when the game was this early in development.