Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Where would you like to plot your free hold?

13»

Comments

• Options
    burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    On an island would be ideal. I plan to fish, so access to the water would be useful. Mainly though, I want to recreate kame house from dbz.
  • Options
    xyxsxyxs Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’d settle for a regular water based island too. Would be kinda interesting if they had a naval battle and bombardment in the sieges.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    On an island would be ideal. I plan to fish, so access to the water would be useful. Mainly though, I want to recreate kame house from dbz.

now all you need is a turtle pet ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »

What about one of those living islands, the turtle could be the island.
  • Options
    Xyxs wrote: »

Oh yes that would be nice to see

turtle_island.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Oh yes that would be nice to see

turtle_island.jpg

impact3.jpg
  • Options
    KumaryKumary Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ceivent wrote: »
    there's no way to get to it if there was. Since there's no easy flying mounts. only a very very limited handful at most.

Scientific Nodes with Teleportation capabilities and Air Ships.
    5b72df90d96c187ed7e6c2f181b8322e.png
    Stormborn Discord: Join Here
    My AoC Referral: Click Here
  • Options
    KumaryKumary Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Maybe there would be some sort of magical elevator (a platform with levitating runes that only allow it to go up or down).

How would you siege it?

maybe part of the siege is that you have to wipe out the crystals holding the city in the air and only then can you attack it

latest?cb=20170906173033

Nice idea to be honest ;)
    5b72df90d96c187ed7e6c2f181b8322e.png
    Stormborn Discord: Join Here
    My AoC Referral: Click Here
  • Options
    An airship battle would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    if Underground Rivers are a thing, probably next to one, so i can Fish with friends
  • Options
    burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One

I bought that turtle mount with the cool shell as soon as I saw it. Slowly building the dream!
  • Options

I bought that turtle mount with the cool shell as soon as I saw it. Slowly building the dream!

That has to be the best mount skin in the game so far
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    LuckyGeekLuckyGeek Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want mine as far away from civilization as possible.
    On his one hand he wore rings of stone,
    iron, amber, wood and bone.
  • Options
    ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Ceivent Good use of Forum post to steal peoples ideas >.<
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • Options
    CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    edited April 2019
    @Ceivent Good use of Forum post to steal peoples ideas >.<

Why would I steal when I have my own ideas? It's not like I have to use something someone else's work/ideas to display myself.
  • Options
    Maybe there would be some sort of magical elevator (a platform with levitating runes that only allow it to go up or down).

How would you siege it?

maybe part of the siege is that you have to wipe out the crystals holding the city in the air and only then can you attack it

latest?cb=20170906173033

I would love to see this. This sounds amazing.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    On a mountain
  • Options
    azathoth wrote: »
    I would like one near a wooded area, preferably in the zoi of a Science Metropolis.

Love it - this is probably where I'd build my personal Freehold as well!

That being said, I'd also love to spin up some official "Community Freeholds" on different servers near the most heavily-populated Nodes - that way folks have a central place to hang out with the dev team, see featured community content, watch live streams, meet and participate in community events, etc. What kinds of things would you all like to see in an official "Community Freehold"?
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    azathoth wrote: »
    I would like one near a wooded area, preferably in the zoi of a Science Metropolis.

Love it - this is probably where I'd build my personal Freehold as well!

That being said, I'd also love to spin up some official "Community Freeholds" on different servers near the most heavily-populated Nodes - that way folks have a central place to hang out with the dev team, see featured community content, watch live streams, meet and participate in community events, etc. What kinds of things would you all like to see in an official "Community Freehold"?

Would love to see a theater of sorts. :) Maybe an outdoor taven to go with it.
  • Options
    Definitely deep in a forest. Away from all civilization......
    So no one can hear the screams
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    In a stream a long while ago, didn't they say that the location of your freehold can have effect on production? (I think farming mushrooms underground was the example...)

But anyways, I think a beach would be nice. Lots of fishing, raise some water themed mounts, and invite friends for beach parties!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    oldcoffee wrote: »
    Definitely deep in a forest. Away from all civilization......
    So no one can hear the screams

Now that I can agree with, you have no idea how many noise complaints I get because of banshies
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited April 2019
    I think in my castle should be enough space... dor some prisoners.... deep down, no one hears the poor souls screaming and mourning!

Probably depending on the location... deep in the woods away from everyone hidden... or perhaps higher up or on a hillside... hidden canyon with a river or so! 🤪