Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

bfahd

MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Im gonna live inside the Scientific metropolis. Why? Because if i need to get to an economic node i can just port to the nearest node in my zoi and walk from there. Also: only the scientific metropolis will have relic/legendary workbenches!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nice representation of 2 nodes ! The dedicated crafters at scientific nodes will surely have much use of being close to a economic node. But with both the nodes having very diverse benefits it would not suprise me that once we have info on divine and militaristic ; This might become a 4-way-choise to make :o
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is all assuming that there will be a scientific node right next to an economic node and that there are enough resources in the zones of influence to make it worth setting up shop there. After all, there's no point in setting up a freehold in an economic node if the resources you need for your trade aren't in your zone of influence.

Also, if I'm reading the information on the wiki correctly, you won't be able to have 2 level 6 nodes right next to each other, so it will be a matter of players deciding whether they want a level 6 Economic node, or a level 6 Scientific node. The value of each node type's superpower will depend on the distribution of resources and node types across the world.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2023
  • whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I plan on setting up my freehold somewhere between a scientific and economic node so I can be a readily available mercenary for the entire area of nodes :smiley:
  • grisugrisu Member
    @wanderingmist I think it is possible to have 2 metropolises "next" to each other since the world itself is seperated into 5 regions to dictate only 1 metropolis per region. - quote some stream
    It's entirely possible that it also reaches over the meta region, but it would be weird since the zoi shouldn't expand into the other region otherwise the whole meta region thing is somewhat? pointless.

This would take a lot of meta gaming tho to find out where those borders are since we are certainly not getting told. It's possible to happen by chance but I wouldn't count on that and it would take months to years to test it all out.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @leonerdo Higher level players will most definitely be drawn to level 6 nodes, as the zone of influence advances along with the node itself. Intrepid have implied that high level mobs and rare resources will only be available around high level nodes.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
    edited May 2019
    @grisu From what I understand as a node advances, its zone of influence increases in size, but the nodes are still at fixed points on the map, and you cannot have 2 level 6 nodes sitting right next to each other. Think of it as if the nodes are the capital cities and the zones of Influence are countries in the real world. In WWII London, Paris and Berlin were all at fixed positions in the world. When Germany invaded France they were effectively expanding their zone of influence to cover that area, but the distance between London and Berlin never changed.

If you want to travel from one node to another, the distance is the same no matter how big the zone of influence is. That is my interpretation of what we have been told, but I could be completely wrong of course.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • grisugrisu Member
    edited May 2019
    (...)as a node advances, its zone of influence increases in size, but the nodes are still at fixed points on the map(...)

Yes, but the zoi is directed. It doesn't just wildly go off into one direction forever but moves in a bigger meta zone.
    Like let's say there are a total of 100 influence zones(aka possible camp placement zones. 20 zones are bunched together into one region and if a node pops up and advances, it's influence will grow in this region of 20 total zones only.
    So a node that pops up HAS to fight for <<those>> 20 zones with other nodes in the same region instead of the 20 zones directly around wherever the node popped up.

I think it is to prevent weird/blackhole zoi spreads long term when new nodes pop up/advance/fall and rearrange zois.
    I hope I could somewhat explain what I mean, I could do a series of low quality drawings to show it more hands on.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2023