Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What to expect of My.com

Conquerors Blade was released a week ago and has been extremly laggy and there has been no information from my.com whatsoever.
I experianced the exact same thing in SKyforge.
That is what we can expect with Ashes of Creation here in Europe aswell.
Affiliate Code:
0dbea148-8cb8-4711-ba90-eb0864e93b5f

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2019
    My.com has no interaction with the AoC host servers, and have no influence in the development of the game.
    They only physically host the servers, meaning that they get the server structure from IS and then set them up in one of their server farms i believe.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This is an analysis/commentary LazyPeon did last year at the height of the My.com AOC hysteria. Give it a watch. It may help you with your anxiety.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGsXie8d8mM
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My observation was quite the opposite. Are you on NA or EU?

As an EU player CB launch was really smooth for me, could be because the game is not THAT popular. Sometimes servers went down for a maintenance, normally, and then came up. Other than that, I don't remember any negativeness from my.com's side on the game. I play 1-2 hour on the evenings and I don't remember lagging at all.

During Beta they even admitted that their servers couldn't hold and they were going to go for an upgrade. So it's not like they're in a mess and avoiding to talk about it, too.
    Auronsyg.png
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I've had no issue with my.com thus far being an EU user nor did I ever have issues with the company prior to ashes. I say we wait and see if they mess things up, though I doubt it
  • Options
    whitedude31whitedude31 Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    branegames wrote: »
    I've had no issue with my.com thus far being an EU user nor did I ever have issues with the company prior to ashes. I say we wait and see if they mess things up, though I doubt it

My.com sounds like they love money so I do not see them messing this up, because I bet steven would either find someone else or setup his own host of servers there if he really needed to.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I mean, do we really think Steven would put his baby in the hands of someone he was positive wouldn't be good stewards of his vision?

What evidence do we have that would tell us he would?

I think it will be fine.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    SeloSelo Member
    And now the servers are down, without any notice, or any information on whats going on.
    The last 3 days, siege battles have had 30+ seconds delay.
    Thoguht they would have improved since Skyforge, apperantly not.
    Affiliate Code:
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    lufia wrote: »
    And now the servers are down, without any notice, or any information on whats going on.

You do realize that the servers have been down for months until further notice, right?

Make sure to check discord for any additional information in regards to the matter. They always post updates about the BR on there

Sidenote: This is NOT the doing of My.com, but a decision that intrepid made
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One

You do realize that the servers have been down for months until further notice, right?

Make sure to check discord for any additional information in regards to the matter. They always post updates about the BR on there

I think he was talking about the CB servers

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    jahlon wrote: »

I think he was talking about the CB servers

Ah, that's fair then
  • Options
    SeloSelo Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes CB servers are down

This pretty much sums up problems with My.com
    Main problems are things that my.com will have control of in AoC aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=40&v=t-fVJoeH4p0

There are alot of companies they could have chosen, but they had to choose the worst one.
    Affiliate Code:
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When this was first brought up Steven mentioned that he had spoken with many publishers for EU/RU and My.com was the only one that agreed to Steven's demands and were ok with not having any creative control over the game. And if you have a problem playing on My.com server and are ok with higher ping the game wont be region locked so you could still play on the NA servers.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    SeloSelo Member
    Yea, depending on how important ping is for "hit detection" and such, that might be what me and my friends will do
    Affiliate Code:
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Only time will tell with my.com a lot of people are very sceptical about it and others just feel let down that Intrepid are not self publishing. Personally after the reassurances we have been given by Steven I am more comfortable. However I am starting to become more concerned with the account transfers, what information is being shared with my.com from my Intrepid account, and lack of any update about my.com this year.
  • Options
    zinniezinnie Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    IF nothing else, as a filthy Euro myself, it would be better to play on a US server with latency than a poorly ran EU server hosted by the Russians.
    Only time will tell honestly, they could turn around and actually bother to do a decent job with Ashes.
  • Options
    Dude @lufia please tell me which server you play on. You post on June 7 talking about lags, where i played the game for 2 hours without any lags on the same day, at prime time.

Either I am extremely lucky or you have bad connection? Are there other people like you who are lagging?
    Auronsyg.png
  • Options
    Just wanted to update, after playing a bit more today I can agree that the lag is very bad in sieges.
    Auronsyg.png
  • Options
    SeloSelo Member
    My.com servers are absolutly horrible.
    Every time on prime playingtime the games starts lagging like hell.
    And thats for every game.
    The game has been down every day for the last 4 days during peak time, and the rest of the time there is constant lagg.
    It was exactly the same when i played Skyforge 4-5 years ago.
    No information whatsoever from my.com ofcourse.
    It would have been better to serverhost the game in Netherlands, Germany or Scandinavia where the infrastructure is the best in the world and the companies actually use good servers.
    Affiliate Code:
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @lufia
    IS already stated, that my.com wont provide the servers... (i also wrote that in an earlier comment)
    My.com will ONLY HOST THE GIVEN SERVERS. Meaning that they wont have anything to do with the server architecture. They provide the hardware and location only.
    a6XEiIf.gif