Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Live Stream + Q&A Submission - Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 11AM PDT

124»

Comments

• Options
    Topcatrs88Topcatrs88 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Topcatrs88 wrote: »
    The one thing I hate the most in mmos is how stern players are about knowing the ins and outs of a raid in order to join them for it. (ie things like boss order, phases, where to stand, etc) What will ashes do to make joining raiding groups easier and make running the same raid a completely new experience everytime.

The biggest problem for normal raids is, that the people who dont know the mechanics do not speak up. If you dont speak up, then we cant explain it to you and if we cant explain it to you, then you make mistakes. ^^

It is not always about making things easier, but rather about the communication between players.
    They also once talked about a mixup mechanic for raids, where bosses switch places etc.

"Raids will also have dynamic elements that can change from session to session.
    The types and numbers of bosses and mobs present in the raid and their skill repertoire."

Speaking up isn't the problem. The problem is most groups who have run raids before usually don't want to waste time teaching how to run a raid or waste time as a result of a group wipe. They usually only care about their treasure and time. They want the most gain for the least amount of time, and they don't want the frustration of constantly failing the same fight over and over again. This is usually why it is hard to find a group that doesn't require raid knowledge, especially for casuals.

I have had this happen to me many times. Where I join up, they ask me if I know the raid, then they kick me out right away because I don't know it or they find someone who does. Therefore I never get to learn it unless I go read a guide or watch some videos. Plus experiencing it is different from reading or watching a video

My experience learning a raid shouldn't be the result of someone guiding me through it because they ran it already. It should be as different to them every single time just as much as it is to me or a new player. It shouldn't be the results of the first raid group completing it, then writing a guide that every one follows and is expected to know going into it. Every Raid should feel different and new to every person, no matter how many times they ran the raid.

If I have to go read a guide before I can join a raiding group because I have to know what ability I have to use during said phase against said mob, then ashes will just be another mmo like every other mmo.

This is why it is hard to join raid groups, because of outside of the game requirements. Requirement the community puts in place. If I have the game and I meet the in game requirements I should just as easily be able to join up with a random raid group and run it like everyone in the group is running it for the first time not knowing what they are going into.

Changing the bosses around, skill repetoire, and the like will just lengthen guides and make it so you are required to know more, which means more time reading and less time gaming.
  • Options
    ecrionecrion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What do you all think about the bad steam reviews and low number of players?
    I am really sad about this, because i like the game and will support it, but for lots of people this game is already dead...
  • Options
    CellzarCellzar Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will there be mounted combat?
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cellzar wrote: »
    Will there be mounted combat?

No.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Mounts
    "We wont have mounted combat, but mounted abilities."
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AlgaraAlgara Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I would like an updated timeline of your release schedule for Ashes of Creation MMORPG. I've backed you from Kickstarter in 2017 and the original date has well since passed. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
  • Options
    AlgaraAlgara Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    ecrion wrote: »
    What do you all think about the bad steam reviews and low number of players?
    I am really sad about this, because i like the game and will support it, but for lots of people this game is already dead...

I believe most of the negativity comes from people wanting to play the actual MMORPG and not a Battle Royal.
  • Options
    CaelronCaelron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can we see more art/animations on anything related to ships and sailing?
    I feel like anything ship/sailing related pulls people's minds away from the Battle Royale vs. MMO questions and gives them a better look at the MMO/RPG-specific art and mechanics.
  • Options
    Thank you all for submitting your questions - the submission period has now ended!

We'll see you at 11AM PDT tomorrow for our live stream!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    ICYMI this live stream is now available on our YouTube channel!

https://youtu.be/8tOWO6vLnjs
    community_management.gif