Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Image import functionality - Waifu Edition

2»

Comments

• Options
    LalliLalli Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ravudha wrote: »
    I'd hope that the custom images would only be usable in player housing or freeholds, but of course it will be up to Intrepid to decide about that.

Do you really want to be galloping through a beautiful landscape then suddenly come upon Spongebob sanctuary, neighbouring Naruto farms and Meme manor?

I hope they don't allow custom images because it always ends up ruining the game's aesthetic.

Although I do like it sometimes I think I agree. Ashes is huge into world building and I think custom images would ruin it. I did like customs sails in Archeage though.
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited April 2020
    Lalli wrote: »
    I'd hope that the custom images would only be usable in player housing or freeholds, but of course it will be up to Intrepid to decide about that.

Do you really want to be galloping through a beautiful landscape then suddenly come upon Spongebob sanctuary, neighbouring Naruto farms and Meme manor?

I hope they don't allow custom images because it always ends up ruining the game's aesthetic.

Although I do like it sometimes I think I agree. Ashes is huge into world building and I think custom images would ruin it. I did like customs sails in Archeage though.

Yeah custom sails is a great feature, especially for guilds...I wonder if it'd be feasible to allow custom images and have IS staff approve them. There would be a set of fantasy world-friendly standards not everyone is happy with, but it'd offer more freedom than a pre-set library from the devs.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

O. M. G.
    I now want to create a Meme manor, including a Meme cave and Meme catacombs that are filled with dead memes.
    A giant harambe picture overlooking the entrance hall with doge statues.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Lalli wrote: »

Yeah custom sails is a great feature, especially for guilds...I wonder if it'd be feasible to allow custom images and have IS staff approve them. There would be a set of fantasy world-friendly standards not everyone is happy with, but it'd offer more freedom than a pre-set library from the devs.

Yeah something like that would be nice. Even like official guild logos approved for sails and banners.
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

O. M. G.
    I now want to create a Meme manor, including a Meme cave and Meme catacombs that are filled with dead memes.

That would be one way to encourage sieges and the destruction of freeholds...
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

O. M. G.

We could have a meme gif gallery for @Cambiguous!
  • Options
    DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    I too would like to see this meme gallery.
  • Options
    CambiguousCambiguous Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PoorLawfulEskimodog-size_restricted.gif
    https://gfycat.com/@Cambiguous
    Someone you otter know.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    speaking of memes
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
  • Options
    gaeleathgaeleath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Such a hard choice...

hqnvaalqjhr21.png

Nvm, it's not o:)
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • Options
    gaeleath wrote: »
    Such a hard choice...

hqnvaalqjhr21.png

Not a bad one
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Such a hard choice...

hqnvaalqjhr21.png

I agree
  • Options
    DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    Such a hard choice...

hqnvaalqjhr21.png

I think my heart just melted a little umu
  • Options
    gaeleathgaeleath Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Soo many cultured people in here <3
    o5cyez1bnzal.gif
  • Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    I would hope IS has strict moderation of user uploaded images with restrictions that deny: copyrighted material of all kinds, extremely eye searingly hideous MS Paint doodles, any profanity and sexually explicit content (yes, even you, poorly drawn peen).

And everything should have to be personally approved by a living human being before showing up in the game.
  • Options
    Caeryl wrote: »
    I would hope IS has strict moderation of user uploaded images with restrictions that deny: copyrighted material of all kinds, extremely eye searingly hideous MS Paint doodles, any profanity and sexually explicit content (yes, even you, poorly drawn peen).

And everything should have to be personally approved by a living human being before showing up in the game.

ah but that's all the fun
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member
    Nagash wrote: »

It’s all of somethin’, wouldn’t call that something “fun” though that’s for sure. “Infantile” and “legal-issues-in-the-making” perhaps
  • Options

It’s all of somethin’, wouldn’t call that something “fun” though that’s for sure. “Infantile” and “legal-issues-in-the-making” perhaps

I know just having some fun Caeryl
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    CaerylCaeryl Member

Sorry I’m deathly allergic :(
  • Options

Sorry I’m deathly allergic :(

well that is a shame
    nJ0vUSm.gif