Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Delays After Delays

MarzzoMarzzo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I have noticed a few people being disappointed about the delays. And while the original planned release date was a bit, naive, I have to say that I am still hopefull. I have backed star citizen since 2013 and follow it closely every day. And let me tell you, the passion I see in AoC and the progress we made so far is amazing. It is only matched by its ambition in regards to game design. In comparison to other similar projects, nothing beats AoC in my opinion.

Steven, togheter with the whole team radiate an aura of actually wanting to make something great. And we should try to match that by being a great community.

Remember, an MMO with great game design take a shitload of time. Making an MMO that looks pretty with amazing lore and systems takes even longer. In comparison to other MMO:s development times we are doing great progress.

Don't lose hope and keep supporting IS with love and we will have an even better product in the end. It will motivate the developers and keep them wanting to outperform themselves for us.

Here is something from a little developer in the game industry:
RByOgMaO9uQ-QFRAhXw_6zRJMnXazb5jBFYhTma5m9U.png?auto=webp&s=f4774a535cf2bffa6dbd394e8facba3f45a93424

Comments

• MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    IS just needs to continue on its steady course and be transparent. They could delay it but if they are open about it then their community will support them.

"Despite the ebb and flow that happens with the development of projects as large as Ashes of Creation, we know that the destination is what truly matters." -Steven
  • DrEpochDrEpoch Member, Phoenix Initiative
    +1
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    FFXIV

That is all
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • NoctizzleNoctizzle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I mean it's basically a waiting game now. Not much else out there other than the usual 4 MMOs.
  • Better to wait than have bad game. The first date I suppouse was heavly influencial Om the progress they have already made. But then nodes comes together with redisign combat system and it kept adding work. We are already happy enough to have Look how game is progressing and how it is going to potentially end up. Better for US to wait as it do not harm us in any specific ways and they announce delays way before not like other games that 2 weeks before release can delay it for month. Look at new word that basicly killed itself as they had the perfect moment to shine. Ppl would even play this game because there is notching else to do but their in experience marketing team fucked up and put it 6 months later when AoC alpha 1 and Elyon will be happening.
    I am of course kinda sorry for dev team but if delays will mean they will have thier personal life instead of staying 15h in the office trying to finish product on the date higher ups wanted it to be release. Devs are also humans
  • StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    ❤️