Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why Is The Game So Expensive And Totally Overpriced

124»

Comments

• Options
    A thread started merely for complaining about the price and insulting the dev with baseless assumptions. Move along everyone.
  • Options
    NetoryNetory Member
    Only thing I can agree with is that the currency conversion always sucks. Plenty of countries won't be able to afford 15$ because it'll convert to half their minumum wage in their local currency. But if they do give it a fair price all around the world then lots of people will try to cheat the system and pay in pesos.
    0sGgchB.png
  • Options
    Just gonna break this down real quick. $15 USD per MONTH= $180 per YEAR of game play. Literally as many hours as you want to put in. Worth it right off the get go and I'll tell you why; I bought Subnautica, AMAZING graphics, decent story line= $20. Which equaled out to roughly 16 hours of game play, satisfied with the game I do not need to go back to it. I am going to buy this subscription and likely log thousands of hours into this game over the next couple years. 150+ hours a month= $15. Not to mention I don't mind paying the measly amount because I WANT them to keep bringing new content, updating features etc.
  • Options
    This reminds me of when WoW first came out. Parents refused to pay monthly subscriptions and all the kiddies couldn’t afford it and so called it “expensive and overpriced.”

I’m from Australia and so am very used to Australia’s “gaming” tax however in this case it’s not there. $15us is about $21aus which as mentioned before is on par with most if not all subscription based games out there and could be considered as close to industry standard as we can get without there actually being one. $21ish with no buy in price sounds like pretty good value to me.

If $21 a month is considered expensive this may just not be a reasonable hobby for your particular financial situation. There’s nothing wrong or shameful about that, we’ve all forgone buying things because it’s just not in the budget at that point in time. However I don’t expect things to simply be cheaper because I can’t personally justify spending that much