Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Assassins vs bounties vs sieges vs hitlists (Pvp, PVE)

Hi All

I played allot allot of wow both as elf rogue and human paladin. When it comes to blizzard making a mmo game, they dont f*ck around, its like marval with their avenger movies (goodluck finding something they missed). the PVP maps capture the flag, and capture 3 out of 5 points, 5 vs 5 brawl, fortress siege, and the every 3 hours arena chest open for grabs for anyone passing by.
What i enjoyed was how different the world was for a rogue compared to a solder out on the field, you can basically hold a
  1. picnic on the battle field while everyone goes nuts around you..
  2. lay in ambush like a hunter waiting for prey even for 3 hours.
  3. focus an important squashy in the backline (get in, get out).
  4. cause choas with utlity spells, being focused and still escape.
  5. alone i fought 2 paladins for 3 hours as rogue.
  6. gather information on player positions.
  7. capture unprotected points of interest.

The absolute best thing about rogues than death knights or any other class was:
  1. assassin storyline
  2. two assassins fighting each other was like watching shadows trying to lay the first hit on each other, like two hanzo ninjas fighting in the shadows, you dont know who is winning or loosing and you cant help

Rogues had their own world and way of contributing to world of warcraft. example like how elder scrolls created a world and system for vampires and werewolves.

How will ashes of creation be able to create a world for the rogues?

Is there some sort of rogue system in place, or assassination system? (getting bounties or killing mayors)

Can rogues infiltrate castles during sieges? or have their ninja path way so we all dont get stuck in a meta of tank soldiers and healers is the only route to siege, who ever has the most healers/tanks wins the siege.

Is there a rogue storyline perhaps or dungeon puzzles that needs rogues?

can rogues harass and pick off players trying to contribute node exp in attempt to sabotage their progress, slow it down so their home node gets ahead in terms of exp and leveling?

Anything else you can add that give us more vision on what being a rogue would be like instead of just a hit and run playstyle?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    mflames wrote: »
    Hi All

I played allot allot of wow both as elf rogue and human paladin. When it comes to blizzard making a mmo game, they dont f*ck around, its like marval with their avenger movies (goodluck finding something they missed).
    I got here and couldn't carry on.

You poor, poor summer child.
  • Options
    Hi All

I played allot allot of wow both as elf rogue and human paladin. When it comes to blizzard making a mmo game, they dont f*ck around, its like marval with their avenger movies (goodluck finding something they missed). the PVP maps capture the flag, and capture 3 out of 5 points, 5 vs 5 brawl, fortress siege, and the every 3 hours arena chest open for grabs for anyone passing by.
    What i enjoyed was how different the world was for a rogue compared to a solder out on the field, you can basically hold a
    1. picnic on the battle field while everyone goes nuts around you..
    2. lay in ambush like a hunter waiting for prey even for 3 hours.
    3. focus an important squashy in the backline (get in, get out).
    4. cause choas with utlity spells, being focused and still escape.
    5. alone i fought 2 paladins for 3 hours as rogue.
    6. gather information on player positions.
    7. capture unprotected points of interest.

The absolute best thing about rogues than death knights or any other class was:
    1. assassin storyline
    2. two assassins fighting each other was like watching shadows trying to lay the first hit on each other, like two hanzo ninjas fighting in the shadows, you dont know who is winning or loosing and you cant help

Rogues had their own world and way of contributing to world of warcraft. example like how elder scrolls created a world and system for vampires and werewolves.

How will ashes of creation be able to create a world for the rogues?

Is there some sort of rogue system in place, or assassination system? (getting bounties or killing mayors)

Can rogues infiltrate castles during sieges? or have their ninja path way so we all dont get stuck in a meta of tank soldiers and healers is the only route to siege, who ever has the most healers/tanks wins the siege.

Is there a rogue storyline perhaps or dungeon puzzles that needs rogues?

can rogues harass and pick off players trying to contribute node exp in attempt to sabotage their progress, slow it down so their home node gets ahead in terms of exp and leveling?

Anything else you can add that give us more vision on what being a rogue would be like instead of just a hit and run playstyle?

I will try to answer as many of your questions as possible.

1. We don't know how rogues will play out so we can't judge yet on how the world will be for rogues. I'm not a roleplayer, so for me it won't change the world anyways.
    2. You can become a bounty hunter. You can also kill anyone but will most likely become a corrupted player.
    3. We don't know yet. I hope they can't as this would make the class imbalanced.
    4. We have no info on storylines. There will be a thieves guild however.
    5. Everyone can kill everyone as said before. So you could sabotage node development.

Overall, it is a sandpark MMO. Play like how you like, even when there isn't a system in place to support your way.
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So from we don't know alot about rogues. We know that invisibility won't be perfect and that players will be able to notice it. I suspect it will function similar to the Invisibility we saw in Apocalypse. Which if you didn't play was a lot like the cloak Predators use in the Predator movies. You can see an outline of a body moving if they move.

We also have this quote from Steve: "all classes are capable adventurers, but only rogues will excel at delving the deepest dungeons and finding the most hidden of treasures. ;)."

Idk about you but that quote has me hooked on the class.

Also slight critique, the vampire and werewolf system in ESO are not at all like you are describing but the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood dailies and questlines are.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    Blizzard would create something new concerning a new mmo if they are serious. Nostalgic none sense is a good way to lose a lot of players from an old mmo system back in 2004 when WoW launched.

About Rogue I suspect they will excel and create an interesting dynamic also in combat and exploration part of the world in Ashes of Creation.
  • Options
    So from we don't know alot about rogues. We know that invisibility won't be perfect and that players will be able to notice it. I suspect it will function similar to the Invisibility we saw in Apocalypse. Which if you didn't play was a lot like the cloak Predators use in the Predator movies. You can see an outline of a body moving if they move.

We also have this quote from Steve: "all classes are capable adventurers, but only rogues will excel at delving the deepest dungeons and finding the most hidden of treasures. ;)."

Also slight critique, the vampire and werewolf system in ESO are not at all like you are describing but the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood dailies and questlines are.

wouldnt players with better graphics have an advantage over rogues or depending what they use to skin it, players with crap graphics? and if you stand still are you completely invis?
    On predators: hunting ground, if all fire teams members have high graphics, they pretty much see the pretty moving from 50k away already and start shooting.

This would basically make an entire class useless for the other 50% of ashes content which involves pvp
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

wouldnt players with better graphics have an advantage over rogues or depending what they use to skin it, players with crap graphics? and if you stand still are you completely invis?
    On predators: hunting ground, if all fire teams members have high graphics, they pretty much see the pretty moving from 50k away already and start shooting.

This would basically make an entire class useless for the other 50% of ashes content which involves pvp

If it functions like in Apocolpyse you couldn't notice if the person was standing still. If the player moved it was quite obvious because it created a distortion. I don't think graphics would change that. It might be harder to see people that are invisible at a range but not close up.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.