Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Censoring Threads

Although it might sound like a good idea to censor someones point of view, in reality all it does, is makes it so that I create 5x the threads on a bunch of 3rd party websites saying the exact same thing.

Why is this bad? Well you just 5x'd the statement you were trying to censor.

Also you had the unfavorable feedback isolated in a place, surrounded by fan boi's, which will blindly defend you.Which is very favorable to you as a company.

But now we go to:
-Youtube
_Reddit
-Steam
_Meta Critic
(just to list a few)

All these avenues where I get to say what I want, and you don't have the option to censor, and we are preaching too people who are not fan boi's, so it's gonna have the maximum chance now to hurt your wallet.

Well done at @mods, censor me more.

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    If you aren't acting inappropriately, they do not ban your thread.

If you are the guy on and on and on about Steven and him not being "charitable" enough, you might want to

1) Realize that how he spends his PERSONAL wealth is his own business

2) The guy does run a charity event for Extra Life each year.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    AlizeeAlizee Member
    You will be smited once again my child.
  • Options
    This is the kind of FUD tactics I was talking about in my report.

Expect more of these to come as our community grows in number and accomplishments.

It is a good thing. It means there are people out there who know the game will harm their own IP/bottom-line and want to disrupt it.
  • Options
    There is a difference between giving constructive criticism/feedback, just being toxic and spreading misinformation.
    You, my guy, are the second option.
  • Options
    You literally joined today, obviously with the intent to flame and troll.

I know it's tough being stuck at home, what with Covid and all, but have you considered doing something constructive with your time?

I just don't see how this behaviour is rewarding.
  • Options
    Can't wait for your mom to watch your youtube video. Such depth of audience, much amaze, wow.
  • Options
    I wasn't acting inappropriately, I was calling out a very greedy rich person, for being very greedy and rich.

If nobody did that, they would all hoarde as much money as possible from the rest of us, and the world would be a much worse place as a whole.

However Ashes of Creation developer, Stephen, doesn't feel like he needs to give to charity, just make videos about how rich and awesome he is.

SAD.

Oh and then censors people for that feedback.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You break the rules you get punished its that simple
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    You break the rules you get punished its that simple

and what rule did i break?
  • Options
    Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    Incoming BooP
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    I wasn't acting inappropriately, I was calling out a very greedy rich person, for being very greedy and rich.

If nobody did that, they would all hoarde as much money as possible from the rest of us, and the world would be a much worse place as a whole.

However Ashes of Creation developer, Stephen, doesn't feel like he needs to give to charity, just make videos about how rich and awesome he is.

SAD.

Imagine crying because people won't give you free money. Get a job kid :) How much have you donated.
  • Options
    phdmonster wrote: »
    There is a difference between giving constructive criticism/feedback, just being toxic and spreading misinformation.
    You, my guy, are the second option.

where has stephen given to charity, how am i spreading misinformation. I said i would delete thread, cite sources.

There are none though,as he's one of the most selfish people on the planet, then makes videos bragging about it lol
  • Options

SAD.

Imagine crying because people won't give you free money. Get a job kid :) How much have you donated.

A lot more than Stephen apparently with infinitely less money
  • Options

SAD.

Very greedy rich person that is funding an entire project by himself. Okay bro.
  • Options
    AlluringAlluring Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Constructive criticisms are welcome when pertaining to the game, there is no reason to post regarding the personal wealth and how the developers use their own money.

Remember to keep the thread civil and constructive folks.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

SAD.

Lets see proof please ^_^ you seem so adamant to require proof.
  • Options
    this is funny how the troll will just waste a time ... hah
  • Options
    edited July 2020

SAD.

Prove it. You're demanding the same of others, so lead by example. Post proof of your donations ;)
  • Options
    I googled you and it says nothing about you donating to charity. You selfish prick!

I demand you donate to charity immediately and post proof, or I am going to tell the world!

SAD.

Prove it. You're demanding the same of others, so lead by example. Post proof of your donations ;)

agree
  • Options
    NetoryNetory Member
    Considering there is no gaming community that's been mistreated and taken advantage of more than us mmo players I can't think of a more worthy and noble cause than Steven spending his own hard earned money on us poor unfortunate souls, so that we may finally have a safe haven away from all the filth infesting the mmo genre!
    Bless you Steven and your kind heart for we are not worthy of your node system and anteater mounts!

And maybe the mods were feeling a bit charitable themselves and thought to "censor" you in an attempt to try and spare you from embarrassing yourself. :o
    0sGgchB.png
  • Options
    Netory wrote: »
    Considering there is no gaming community that's been mistreated and taken advantage of more than us mmo players I can't think of a more worthy and noble cause than Steven spending his own hard earned money on us poor unfortunate souls, so that we may finally have a safe haven away from all the filth infesting the mmo genre!
    Bless you Steven and your kind heart for we are not worthy of your node system and anteater mounts!

And maybe the mods were feeling a bit charitable themselves and thought to "censor" you in an attempt to try and spare you from embarrassing yourself. :o

Hear, hear!
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One

SAD.

I would like a dollar amount and documention.

Until then, please stop talking.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    I don't think he even got censored did he? I Was still able to post on his last thread.
  • Options
    MullyMully Member
    The only thing I have noticed, is that the mods close threads which forces more threads to be created.

Case in point, take a look at how many Australian server threads and Dark Allegiance pack threads there are.
    Mods close them down. Instead of others agreeing and keeping it all in one thread, new people are forced to make yet another new thread on the same subject.

There is no discussion about things that players are not happy with, it just gets listed as the way it is and it is final. Sounds like we don't get a voice if us players don't agree with a policy.
  • Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Mully wrote: »
    The only thing I have noticed, is that the mods close threads which forces more threads to be created.

Case in point, take a look at how many Australian server threads and Dark Allegiance pack threads there are.
    Mods close them down. Instead of others agreeing and keeping it all in one thread, new people are forced to make yet another new thread on the same subject.

There is no discussion about things that players are not happy with, it just gets listed as the way it is and it is final. Sounds like we don't get a voice if us players don't agree with a policy.

That’s correct. You have to buy your voice for $30 million as well. Otherwise, it’s basically sit down shut up and enjoy the ride.

Which is fine, no one owes you or me anything.

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    cyanideinsanitycyanideinsanity Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    This may come as a surprise to you but it is possible to not share every explicit detail of your finances. It is, after all, entirely irrelevant how much he may or may not have donated in regards to the development of the game.

Instead of throwing a temper tantrum maybe actually spend some of that energy on the simple thing of asking? Its like reading a reddit thread, using it as a source, and claiming its investigative journalism.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @Mully
    Australian servers have already been confirmed, why would people be making threads about them?
  • Options
    AlluringAlluring Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thread closed. Will remain visible.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.