Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How did you guys learn about the game?

I learnt about it from Lazy Peon. What about you guys?

Vote Here.

https://strawpoll.com/qjojxcyub

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think it was a random google search way back in 2017, I can't remember exactly.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I was on Kickstarter looking for a new board game to back when this showed up
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    I've heard about the game a few years ago but got into it more as Asmongold would talk about the game on his stream.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    Variable HelixVariable Helix Member, Braver of Worlds
    Saw the end of the kickstarter in 2017 and got in when they did the similar sale on the site not too long after.
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    Damn, looks like most people came from Asmongold, which indirectly means that they came from Lazy Peon.

Truly goes to show how much he has done for the game. Also that interview Asmongold had with Steven was really good and it changed a lot of people's opinions of the game.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm surprised Kickstarter is that high
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Its popped up for quite some time now when you search for MMORPGs.

I don't think people really started noticing it until the recent exposure, because when you look at the gameplay that shows up on youtube it looks absolutely horrendous.

• Options
    tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What game are we referring to again

Virtue is the only good.
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    I honestly can't remember. I know I heard about it before the Kickstarter started, but I can't think how. It may have been mmorpg.com. It may have been random word of mouth, either from guildees or out there on the internet. Maybe it was a random YouTube video. It certainly wasn't Asmongold, Lazy Peon or any other recent YouTuber.

I was so excited for this project that I was there day one, hour one of the kickstarter going up. As were most of my guild.

It feels like it's been five or six years.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Damn, looks like most people came from Asmongold, which indirectly means that they came from Lazy Peon.

Truly goes to show how much he has done for the game. Also that interview Asmongold had with Steven was really good and it changed a lot of people's opinions of the game.

He has done a lot for the game, or will have if this boost to numbers stays. The fact that he has gotten so many folks interested in the game means so much for it being a success.
    Its popped up for quite some time now when you search for MMORPGs.

I don't think people really started noticing it until the recent exposure, because when you look at the gameplay that shows up on youtube it looks absolutely horrendous.

You think? There was a very healthy community here from day one. The discord was very busy early in development, and I remember a guild fair possibly shortly after the discord ended that was a very fun day.

Not trying to get all "I was here first, so shove off" on people, but it's been quite a ride to watch the game come from a few graphics to what we're seeing now.

But where's Pete, dammit? You can speak now.
  • Options
    Asmongold and LazyPeon
  • Options
    darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Typing in "upcoming mmos" in a YouTube search about 3 1/2 years ago. I try to follow all the big mmo YouTube posters so I never miss out on a upcoming game that looks good.

When I first found Ashes I was debating between backing this one and Chronicles of Elyria. Looking back I feel pretty strongly that I made the right call lol
  • Options
    darthaden wrote: »
    When I first found Ashes I was debating between backing this one and Chronicles of Elyria. Looking back I feel pretty strongly that I made the right call lol

You could say that... :D

• Options
    My friend named dom told me about the game and it looks very promising.
  • Options
    dominikIWNLdominikIWNL Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    reflect wrote: »
    My friend named dom told me about the game and it looks very promising.

who, me?
  • Options
    I joined a guild and they had this as their main MMO but also had other games within. After the main game I personally was looking forward to playing postponed on me; I jumped on board this game as the majority of the guild I am in are going to play it. I would also have to give credit to The Lazy Peon & KiraTV.
  • Options
    BobbyBickBobbyBick Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Fires of Heaven forums
  • Options
    NetoryNetory Member
    edited July 2020
    Initially I only knew it as "that mmo that turned into a battle royale where everyone looks like the same guy and they throw particle effects at each other".

More recently I skimmed through that pre-alpha footage where they whip out the ol' killjoy flying mounts and then Steven merrily splashes around in lava while spamming ballerina fireballs at a dragon that seemed to be AFK.

So it wasn't until LazyPeon sat me down and explained to me that this game isn't actually all that terrible and then Asmongold's interview with Steven made me consider that this might actually end up being a great mmo.
    0sGgchB.png
  • Options
    the MMORPG Reddit
    E8OOol.gif
  • Options
    I heard about it when its kickstarter broke some kind of record.

"The Ashes of Creation Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign launched with a $750,000 funding goal on May 2, 2017. Campaign concluded on June 3, 2017 with 19,576 backers, raising $3,271,809."

3.2 mil in a month is huge which got my attention and I signed up to the forums shortly thereafter.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    Heard about it a while ago but got caught up in the hype from the recent streams and videos.
    aTqtPvR.png
  • Options
    Valento92Valento92 Member
    edited July 2020
    I heard about the game in some occasions during 2018-2019 but I only got to pay attention through 2020 livestreams and more recently because of Lazy Peon.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫