Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How does death work?

So, new to the forums, kinda just hopped into the community here. I'm sure this has been answered before but how will deth work in the game? Will it be like WoW where we run to our bodies? Or more like SWTOR where we spawn back in a nearby town/node? Just haven't seen anything so I was curious.

Comments

• Options
    GreypeltGreypelt Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Currently you spawn back at the nearest respawn point, assuming you release and don't wait for a rez. The death penalty mainly comes in the form of negative experience (you can't delevel, but can get stat penalties) and partial loss of raw gatherables.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Ah, makes sense. Thank ya!
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When your HP gets to Zero you fall down and die. IRL usually when your heart stops, but with modern medical technology people bounce back after that.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Glad you opened this thread I was curious about this too.

Does anyone know what the specifics are when you are killed by another player open world? Wether random encounter or intentional conflict?

Is it normal or do you lose things? Or just normal degradation of armor
  • Options
    mrwafflesmrwaffles Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Glad you opened this thread I was curious about this too.

Does anyone know what the specifics are when you are killed by another player open world? Wether random encounter or intentional conflict?

Is it normal or do you lose things? Or just normal degradation of armor

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/PvP

not trying to be a jerk but this wiki is gold and answers your question.
    E6qgOoi.png
  • Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    So will we be able to recover the lost materials if we make it back to the body?