Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Night Cycles?

Hello! I am a new member and follower of this MMO and it looks fantastic!!! One question.. will there be night cycles? if so will they be true night or close to true night? BDO broke my heart but one thing I loves in that game was the night cycles and how amazingly immersive it was to need a torch to wander around at night. I also liked that some of the monsters get stronger at night and some only appeared at night. Will Ashes have anything akin to this? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    JexzJexz Member
    What did you not like about bdo?
  • Options
    Bearheart wrote: »

amazing!! thank you! i tried looking it up on my phone but whenever i searched the forum i got an error. looks like i'm going to pour through the wiki today!

• Options
    Will there be a dedicated light source that players can equip? like a torch? I understand skills can illuminate dark areas which is super cool but just having the option of having a torch adds so much to the game in terms of immersion and role playing.
  • Options
    I was gonna try BDO but then I looked it up and heard massive ourcries against pay to win. So I just got other games instead. xD
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • Options
    Yuyukoyay wrote: »
    I was gonna try BDO but then I looked it up and heard massive ourcries against pay to win. So I just got other games instead. xD

BDO is the most soulless beautiful game I have ever played. It is downright gorgeous, the environment, world, character creation, and even soundtrack are top tier. but it just lacks that...."umph" to get me to keep playing it. I don't feel immersed in that game, I just feel like it's hollow. I was so disappointed in it but I see a lot of things I loved from BDO in Ashes so I look forward to it for SURE.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    BDO is like getting up the nerve to ask out a drop-dead-gorgeous girl and she says yes. Then on your date she spends the entire time gossiping non-stop about people you don’t know, complaining about everything, and buying the most expensive items on the menu while barely nibbling at them. At the end of the night she pats your head, says it was fun, and says you should do it again.

In my case, I lost her number on purpose.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    BDO's art style is terrible... but the character creation/customization is pretty dope.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    Man I hope they make night truly feel dark, I remember playing a human in EverQuest and needing a torch. Also ark survival evolved had some pretty pitch black nights, except during a full moon.

Some people may not like it but the game could have a plethora of items that illuminate your area in different ways.

A belt buckle that glows a bright blue.
    A sword that shimmers with a white light
    Some mage's buffs emitting multiple colors
    Even a standard torch's flickering flames being painted on the cavern walls

I'd like this, yes I would.
  • Options
    Man I hope they make night truly feel dark, I remember playing a human in EverQuest and needing a torch. Also ark survival evolved had some pretty pitch black nights, except during a full moon.

Some people may not like it but the game could have a plethora of items that illuminate your area in different ways.

A belt buckle that glows a bright blue.
    A sword that shimmers with a white light
    Some mage's buffs emitting multiple colors
    Even a standard torch's flickering flames being painted on the cavern walls

I'd like this, yes I would.

I watched tons of footage today and it looks like this is exactly what they will do as far as skills illuminating dark places... I just realllly want a dedicated torch item lol

• Options
    Going 'truly dark' can lead to problems with people that are nearsighted or otherwise have some form of nyctalopia. People that have trouble, or completely cannot see in poor light conditions. I can't tell you what a bummer it is when you're playing with your significant other, and every time you go into a dark cave all they see is a blank screen.