Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What class will YOU be picking?

PiratePirate Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Curious to know what everyone is going to choose! I can't wait to play Alpha-2! My only regret is not finding out about this game earlier to buy the dark allegiances cosmetics. :'(
pEV1XW0.jpg
ExcitableSaltyDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

Comments

• Orc Paladin
    😁
  • Necromancer
  • Sholer wrote: »
    Necromancer

That sounds tempting to me as well!!!
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Most likely a mage during Alpha. I'll probably spend at least a few hours playing every main class during the beta though. What I play at launch will depend on what class feels the best to me during the beta.
  • Empyrean elf paladin or highsword.
  • darthaden wrote: »
    Most likely a mage during Alpha. I'll probably spend at least a few hours playing every main class during the beta though. What I play at launch will depend on what class feels the best to me during the beta.
    That's actually a good way to go about it, I'm gonna do that as well!
  • RisingPhoenixRisingPhoenix Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Cleric, Ranger and Bard are the ones I will test. My normal class is ranger but the other two offer some ways to help the guild as a whole.
  • JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'll be testing Bard and Cleric during Alpha to see which feels better, but the term "Oracle" is calling to me and my little roleplaying heart
  • All. The. Tanks. Really just interested to see how that role will play out in this.
  • I prefer the classes like strider (ranger/fighter) or assassin (rogue^2). Sometimes Battlemages or maybe even Scryer (Cleric/bard) every once in a blue moon.
    Hot dog hamburgers
  • I am an alt-o-holic, so problably most of them...
  • CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited August 2020
    Highsword, Spellsword, Weapon Master, Dreadnought, Shadowblade or Knight. Basically any class that has fighter in it. I haven't decided on one yet.
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ren'Kai tank secondary healer thus a paladin.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • TreboTrebo Member, Intrepid Pack
    At different stages in my life, big decisions kept me awake. But your question, my friend...
    I still have my daily stare down with the class combination table.
    The truth is indivisible. Only the heads, it won´t fit in, can be split.
  • Offensive tanks and duelist/skirmishers.
  • RedFloRedFlo Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Either Guardian or Argent. A Tank / Summoner Combo also sounds interesting, but probably going full Tank.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Bard. Heavy armor, helbard, and Rogue or Tank subclass.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Maybe Mage/Cleric. But the classname sounds strange. Acolyte is a kind of beginner, laity or assisstant of a church.
    So maybe with the summoner I'm on the safe side.
  • Definitely primary Cleric. After that I don't really know but I am healer.
  • Orc summoner! The two summoner classes that interest me the most are the Wild Blade and the Spellmancer.

My concept around the Wild Blade would be a Ren'Kai weaponsmith that summons blades.

My concept around the Spellmancer would be a Vek scholar that summons elementals. If I could, I would change the name of this class from Spellmancer, which is a name I really dislike (come on, it should be a greek prefix, same goes for Shadowmancer) to maybe Elementalist, which I think would be more representative of what the class will be like.

I am also curious about the Shadowmancer. I would assume that one of the Rogue augment school is poisons/toxins, so a poison-based pet is something I'd like to see.
  • Initially it was the Bard, however I'm unsure about it's viability in a 3v3 setting if the staple will be Heal/DPS/DPS, so I think Cleric is going to be the safer option. So, goodbye to the singing Kaelang, and hello to the healing Kaelang.
  • I'm going to upgrade to get Alpha 2 access to test the classes and combinations while helping test the game :smile: and though knowing me I'll have a character for each base archetype I'm definitely leaning towards the summoner path and mostly towards necromancer :smile:
    Kaelang wrote: »
    Initially it was the Bard, however I'm unsure about it's viability in a 3v3 setting if the staple will be Heal/DPS/DPS, so I think Cleric is going to be the safer option. So, goodbye to the singing Kaelang, and hello to the healing Kaelang.

Go bard/cleric for AoE HoT healing. I think that bards wont have many hard cast abilities, which would be amazing in 3v3.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Meta fighter. Two swords. Heavy armor. Kaelar
  • PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most likely a stealther of some sort if augmented full stealth is available. if not then a Dual wield Fighter.
  • Orc summoner! The two summoner classes that interest me the most are the Wild Blade and the Spellmancer.

My concept around the Wild Blade would be a Ren'Kai weaponsmith that summons blades.

My concept around the Spellmancer would be a Vek scholar that summons elementals. If I could, I would change the name of this class from Spellmancer, which is a name I really dislike (come on, it should be a greek prefix, same goes for Shadowmancer) to maybe Elementalist, which I think would be more representative of what the class will be like.

I am also curious about the Shadowmancer. I would assume that one of the Rogue augment school is poisons/toxins, so a poison-based pet is something I'd like to see.
    Your idea with the orc sounds cool. But actually we don't know how much the secondary class change something.
  • I'm super interested in giving Soulbow a shot as my main (pun fully intended and I am not sorry). I'll probably roll an Oracle as well, for RP purposes.
  • Raidri wrote: »
    Your idea with the orc sounds cool. But actually we don't know how much the secondary class change something.

Considering we know 3 of the four mage schools will be elemental-based, I think it's safe to assume the elements will play a big role. But you're right, we never know.
    Sandman wrote: »
    Most likely a stealther of some sort if augmented full stealth is available. if not then a Dual wield Fighter.

Stealth will only be possible for main class rogues.
    a6XEiIf.gif