Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Appearance Change and Archetype Respecs

From the way the game design sounds, you want to stick with one character versus having a bunch of alts. Especially with things like housing in town.

Will we be able to change our character's appearance via Ember purchases?

This is pretty straight forward. I might want to change my hair color or eye color.

Will there be a way to respec archetype choices?

There are going to be 64 different classes to choose from. Maybe I won't like my first combination or later in the game think I need a different class. I don't want to have to start over from scratch.

I do think there should be a limitation on respecs though. Like earn 1 per 15 levels.

Thank you!
Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png

Comments

• Options
    Kazan TennoKazan Tenno Member, Intrepid Pack
    I don't think you should have to pay IRL money to be able to change your appearance. In FFXIV, you pay 2k gil (basically nothing) to change most physical features, short of changing your race. That's what I'd want here.

There will be a way to change your subclass, but not your primary. Even then, it'll be hard to change your subclass. I'm not sure how respecing your skills would work though. Hopefully pay some gold to reset the points you've spent.
    Join us in the Underworld. Join Irkallu.
    Irkallu discord: https://discord.com/invite/CB3ZrnD
    c5eKKDy.png
  • Options
    TimeraiderTimeraider Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think you should have to pay IRL money to be able to change your appearance. In FFXIV, you pay 2k gil (basically nothing) to change most physical features, short of changing your race. That's what I'd want here.

There will be a way to change your subclass, but not your primary. Even then, it'll be hard to change your subclass. I'm not sure how respecing your skills would work though. Hopefully pay some gold to reset the points you've spent.

Hoping this to yeah... aside from changing race, there shouldn't be any reason a normal barber/surgeon couldnt take your gold to fix you up :P
    Same goes for skillpoints. Resetting those in theory isnt forgetting and relearning stuff.. but simply relaying the focus of your studies.
    Hopefully both of those options will end up being basic ingame currency/goods to get.
    SoulfulDisastrousIrukandjijellyfish-small.gif
    A being can not judge light if he has never seen it, neither can he judge darkness if he never has been it
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited September 2020
    Two Words:
    Barber Shop.

You will be able to change your secondary class, but not your main class.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    LowQueyLowQuey Member
    edited September 2020
    This is a difficult one though. For example changing your hirstylee: fair enough, but remember there is a 9th race that is made up of various other creatures, so what do they do? Do you somehow go into a shop, pay a little bit of money and turn from a reptilian with feathers on his head and a tail to being hog nosed furry bear like creature with chicken legs?
  • Options
    LowQuey wrote: »
    This is a difficult one though. For example changing your hirstylee: fair enough, but remember there is a 9th race that is made up of various other creatures, so what do they do? Do you somehow go into a shop, pay a little bit of money and turn from a reptilian with feathers on his head and a tail to being hog nosed furry bear like creature with chicken legs?

I imagine that the Tulnar's physicality will be handled in a different way. Eg, with a human you'll probably get to deal with height/weight/muscle as an unchangeable race, whereas a Tulnar will probably have those as well as what animal mix they are. In a barber shop, I imagine it'd be the type of scale/fur and colour that you can change, as opposed to the mix of whatever your animal makeup is.
    c5eKKDy.png
  • Options
    VyrakaVyraka Member, Alpha One
    I was thinking more along the lines of ESO's Appearance Change Tokens bought via Crowns. Barber shops seem limited - IC Wise. Would I be able to change my skin color? Or my height or my facial features?

I can spend an hour in a character manager making changes (BDO anyone?), but I have a feeling that when I first start playing AOC, that I'll rush through it so I can get to the game play.

I want the ability to go back and perfect my character the way I want. And I am willing to pay Embers to do so.
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Vyraka.png
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Two Words:
    Barber Shop.

You will be able to change your secondary class, but not your main class.

This.
  • Options
    Vyraka wrote: »
    I was thinking more along the lines of ESO's Appearance Change Tokens bought via Crowns. Barber shops seem limited - IC Wise. Would I be able to change my skin color? Or my height or my facial features?

I can spend an hour in a character manager making changes (BDO anyone?), but I have a feeling that when I first start playing AOC, that I'll rush through it so I can get to the game play.

I want the ability to go back and perfect my character the way I want. And I am willing to pay Embers to do so.

I kinda agree here. It might be difficult with races because they change your stats (but then again, why not?, but I'd like to change greater things about my character too.
    c5eKKDy.png
  • Options
    yup def lets us change most if not everything about our characters visually in a barber shop
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    As far as I am concerned, as long as race, gender and name all stay the same, anything else decided in character creation should be able to be changed, if the player wants.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Rhadek wrote: »
    yup def lets us change most if not everything about our characters visually in a barber shop

The barber shop would obviously only be able to change things like:
    -beardstile
    -hairstile
    -beard/haircolor
    -piercings
    -tattoos

No one wants a chiropractic barber shop, like they have it in wow ^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Vyraka wrote: »

Im pretty sure they will release the character builder early
  • Options
    Im pretty sure they will release the character builder early

Like FFXIV benchmark tool? It's a benchmark but also full character creator and you can save the appearance of your character and load that in the main game.
    c5eKKDy.png