Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What GPUs do you guys have/are planning on buying for AoC?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Veriable wrote: »
    Well I want everyone to know I have said it for months now that AMDs main goal was to out perform the 2080ti and if it happens to run toe to toe with the 3070 thats great..Dont get me wrong I wish AMD would, but its just way to great of a leap right now but each release their slowly closing that distance..Oh I am going for the 3090 but also I am worried about two things..1st Cooling they put a lot of thought into that which tells me thats a issue, but I could be wrong..2nd I think their going to come up with some B.S excuse as to why shipments are so low, till they see BIG Navi come out. Once they see that it only beats the 2080ti suddenly their going to have plenty of cards, but their going to come up with some B.S up grade to mark them up 20% from the price of the unveiling..Just my thoughts..But I do think either way I am going to have a hard time getting a 3090 thats for sure..

Considering 3080 will be plenty for 99.99% of gamers and less than half the price I don't think you will have any issue getting a 3090....for the price diff you could get a 3080 this year and 4080 next year and still be cheaper than a 3090
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited September 2020
    @Veriable

The problem with AMD graphics cards is mainly the software. Its just not as good as Nvidia's. And with all the new features that Nvidia announced, like Nvidia Reflex and Nvidia Broadcasting, I don't think that AMD can compete with that as they haven't invested as much into AI.

However, performance wise, I'm positive that AMD will be able to achieve performance levels somewhere in between the 3070 and the 3080.
  • Options
    I'm due for a new GPU. I'm still using a GTX 750 Ti (yeah, I know) and I'll probably upgrade to the RTX 3070 😄

Don't feel too bad, I'm still on a GF760 and a Gen 3 Intel i5 (3570).
  • Options
    Is GTX 1660 good enough?
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited September 2020
    Rajang wrote: »
    Is GTX 1660 good enough?

Most likely yes. You'll prob be able to play the game on medium settings at 60+ fps.

Again, this is nothing more than a calculated guess. We won't know for sure until we see it.
  • Options
    I bought my new computer in june and i'll stick with that. Should be good for some years. It has a GeForce RTX 2080 super
  • Options
    PepinoPepino Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I’ve already got money aside to purchase the RTX 3090 😁, gonna play this beast of a game all maxed out!
  • Options
    Pepino wrote: »
    I’ve already got money aside to purchase the RTX 3090 😁, gonna play this beast of a game all maxed out!

I would spend 800$ on the 3080 and then get the 4080 in 2022. But hey, if you have the money to spend, why not?
  • Options
    I'm currently on a RTX 2080, so I'll probably skip the RTX 30 series and wait for the RTX 40
  • Options
    RedFloRedFlo Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Right now I have a RTX 2080 TI, but already have my eyes on a 3090. When the game fully releases, we will probably have the Super/TI versions of the 30 series or maybe even the 40 series, so I guess its one of them then.
  • Options
    I'm due for a new GPU. I'm still using a GTX 750 Ti (yeah, I know) and I'll probably upgrade to the RTX 3070 😄

Dont even mate - I'm still using my GTS 450 :smile: I'll see what there is next year and then decide.
  • Options
    LowQuey wrote: »

Dont even mate - I'm still using my GTS 450 :smile: I'll see what there is next year and then decide.

Holy shit. I thought that I was the degenerate with the mx 130, but man, you beat me too.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    Man the Nvidia reveal stream was so good. I absolutely loved the marbles video.

I'm going to be buying an rtx 3070 laptop next year. What GPUs are you guys planning to use for AoC? (Assuming it comes out in 2022)

I built a pc about 5 years ago, currently running a 1070, i think i will give it 12 months and build another.
    I'm using a 27" monitor 2560 x 1440 resolution might change to a 4k monitor next year
    I tell you what i know about Dwarf's.
    Very little
  • Options
    Running a GeForce 760 here, Monitor is even older and not even HD (1080), it's 1680x1050... :-/ This might be the year for an upgrade, regardless of AoC. This computer is basically 10 years old... outside the video card which is 8(?) now. I keep it in top shape, but it will prob not last another year.