Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What type of gods do you want to see in ashes?

Comments

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    azathoth wrote: »
    Well, he would dress like a bum to test your willingness to help others complete things you would see as meaningless. When you accomplished a certain amount of quest, he would show you his form as a god and give you the first rank in his Church/Temple's path.
    Does he wear sandals?

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    KanisKanis Member
    Gods usually encompass important ideas in society, rather than abstract concepts. Gods dedicated to elements are usually only seen in very primitive religions.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do wonder what influence IS will take with their gods. will it be like greek myth or will it be like the gods of chaos
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Seeing as they decided on seven gods can't say one for each class now but I would enjoy having two artisan gods two gods for the physical/arcane classes and then a "evil" "good" "neutral" alignment btw any word on being able to devote to more than one God yet?
  • Options
    I just want cult like gods...a god that feeds on sacrifices and reward their most loyal
  • Options
    Kionashi wrote: »
    I just want cult like gods...a god that feeds on sacrifices and reward their most loyal

Well do I have a deal for you
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

:D
  • Options

:D
    NO! IT’S A TRAP!!! :open_mouth:

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am very late to the party on this thread, but I seen it resurrected today. I figured I would throw my hat in the ring.

Nurgle is my favorite god in fiction. 2020 has been a good year for Nurgle. Would like to see a happy go lucky plague god that just wants to infect the world.

If I was a RP type, I would just start my own cult in game to a Nurgle type character. If enough people worship a god, does it make that god real?
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I am very late to the party on this thread, but I seen it resurrected today. I figured I would throw my hat in the ring.

Nurgle is my favorite god in fiction. 2020 has been a good year for Nurgle. Would like to see a happy go lucky plague god that just wants to infect the world.

If I was a RP type, I would just start my own cult in game to a Nurgle type character. If enough people worship a god, does it make that god real?

You do Papa Nurgle proud and now I have to kill you so he can hug you
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Personally I would like to see a god of wisdom/knowledge.
    Maybe something that can serve as the patron of all scholars.
  • Options
    OnlyOne wrote: »

That could be quite interesting as knowledge is neither good nor bad just power
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    OnlyOne wrote: »

That could be quite interesting as knowledge is neither good nor bad just power

My thoughts exactly! I plan on roleplay as an archwizard and I was just thinking the other day how cool it would be to have a deity related to knowledge. Mastering and unlocking the secrets of The Essence!
  • Options
    I've always liked a god of chaos, it's a good god to either worship or combat against because... they're chaotic! Not sure that's in the cards based on the types listed out so far on the Wiki but maybe one of the 4 "Other Gods" may be chaos based.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nekkid Ones?
  • Options
    AshburnAshburn Member
    edited December 2020
    God of Calamity - Gives negative augments for your character like normal fire attacks become a dark and more sinister fire

God of Fortune - The inverse of Calamity, gives your character holy augments for abilities, like holy and more pure fire attacks
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would like to see a unique god in AOC. Something like a god of ashes where it takes shape of many different things "hence creation". It can be both good and evil. This would allow for the lore/story telling to have twists as if the remaining gods are always being manipulated by this god. I don't know. Everything you guys/girls have said is awesome so far!
  • Options
    As long as they don't copy one for one other gods I'm happy
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    would be interesting if they add something very hard to accomplish and when u get it u can do an enchant for a piece of armor or weapon with god influence
  • Options
    PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited December 2020

So are we talking like: Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeentch?

And if we are going to do that then I nominate The Great Horned Rat! Queek!
    Atama wrote: »
    NO! IT’S A TRAP!!! :open_mouth:

I'm sorry, -2 pts for NOT doing the Admiral Ackbar voice (and yes, I could tell!)
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I'm sorry, -2 pts for NOT doing the Admiral Ackbar voice (and yes, I could tell!)
    There is no fish-head smiley on this board. :(

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

Pffffffft. I don't need some big horny rat trying to hump my leg whenever I set foot in a temple.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    KionashiKionashi Member
    edited December 2020

since gods in AoC seems to be based on emotions I guess mankind has a role in the existance of gods....that said....the gods created all the races so I might be wrong
    daveywavey wrote: »

Pffffffft. I don't need some big horny rat trying to hump my leg whenever I set foot in a temple.

you mean Chihuahuas? is there a chihuahua god? :o
  • Options
    Would you worship this?

tenor.gif

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

since gods in AoC seems to be based on emotions I guess mankind has a role in the existance of gods....that said....the gods created all the races so I might be wrong

well the tulnar were not created by the gods so we must wipe them out
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

@daveywavey

I invited someone to meet you and he agreed to come in person...... :o:#

GHR.jpg

(please notice the size of the average human in the lower left corner)

*You have something to say to me flea rodent?*

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options

@daveywavey

GHR.jpg

How cute

AoSFFLoN-May24-Art4vk.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

@daveywavey

GHR.jpg

I can see right up his loin cloth from there. There isn't much to look at, believe me. Maybe I'll start calling him the Tiny Horny Rat...
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AoSFFLoN-May24-Art4vk.jpg

*Let us dance this little dance of death you and I Vampire. You are a mere demigogue at best while I have ascended to become a Lord of Chaos! My children are more numerous than the grains of sand in your vast desert and will break your horde of mindless thralls like a bundle of twigs!*

7702243-4419092846-Monje.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault2.jpg

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    you do remember when I fought the ENTIRE Skaven under empire to a standstill and still had time to make the black pyramid
    nJ0vUSm.gif