Some Ideas related to AoC to discuss

Hey everybody,
i have some ideas and i would like to hear your opinions about them. If others also have ideas related to ashes of creation please share them here too. <3

Ideas:
1. an Ashes of Creation Merch Shop. with hoodlies, shirts, etc. and on them nice AoC art. maybe even personalized merch for guilds or yourself (guild badge, own favorite character, etc.)
2. regular Fan art contests? maybe the winner gets something nice from the AoC Team? maybe a time limited special Title in the forums or something like that.
3. I don't know how the servers in Europe will be divided, whether there will be Spanish, French, German servers or whether there will be several servers for the entire EU. if it runs out to the EU server I would like an ingame tranlater for messages from other players. this improves communication with other players, for people who don't speak English very well.

That's all that comes to my mind right now.
I hope I didn't just write crap and I'm excited about your answers and your ideas.
Questions? all available info about AoC can be found here:
AoC Wiki
tech support
FAQ Channel AoC Discord
AoC Support&FAQ Forum
USE THE FORUM SEARCH BAR ;)

no answer found? ask here:
Ask a Question

Comments

• 1 and 3 sure sound like they'd be good.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • MichaelMichael Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like all the ideas. Fan art contests can be nice. I don't think the rewards should be too crazy, but simple things like a forum badge, discord title, etc. I would definitely purchase a first edition public sale Ashes of Creation hoodie.
  • I definitely like the idea of their merch store. I would likely buy a small statue of an elven mage to display in my case. Or even a small statue of a dragon boss, that would be awesome as well!
  • KuldjuxKuldjux Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Merch store I would definitely buy from, even just a cap, a mug, or a laptop sticker.
    BamUhO9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1 - I would REALLY like there to be a merch shop so I can reward guild members with RL merch for events.

2 - They have contests already and reward people for winning. Someone made a mount or something out of pumpkins recently and got some great goodies!

3 - Everything they can do to create a better environment for the community is great. built in translation may be tough.......well maybe not. It's 2020 after all and I've seen some CRAZY tech these days haha.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I've been wondering for years now if it would be possible to use a translator in an MMO. I don't think Google allow their translator to be used as a plugin, but no doubt there would be some on github that could be used.

If it is able to be run on the client, I can't even see there being any major issues past implementation and occasionally needing to update the vocabulary.

Merch is another thing I can see being a good idea for Intrepid - especially if they get a good manufacturer and come up with some interesting products.
  • Fan art contests could be cool if they're open to all of the Ashes community.

When I checked the Glorious Gourd contest rules there were restrictions on who could enter - like only NA and European Union residents, and even then there were caveats for people from certain US states.

So maybe there's some legal hurdles with holding contests open to all.
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ravudha wrote: »
    Fan art contests could be cool if they're open to all of the Ashes community.

When I checked the Glorious Gourd contest rules there were restrictions on who could enter - like only NA and European Union residents, and even then there were caveats for people from certain US states.

So maybe there's some legal hurdles with holding contests open to all.

There are. Some places have very strict guidelines when it comes to giving out prizes for competitions. In Quebec, Canada for example you have their Sweepstakes laws to contend with, with so many hoops to jump through, so most companies doing giveaways and competitions simply don't bother. It sucks for anyone in Quebec, but that's how it is.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    I've been wondering for years now if it would be possible to use a translator in an MMO. I don't think Google allow their translator to be used as a plugin, but no doubt there would be some on github that could be used.

If it is able to be run on the client, I can't even see there being any major issues past implementation and occasionally needing to update the vocabulary.

A while ago I seen a thing where they had text translation of Japanese NES games to English text in real time build into an emulator. Play any Japanese NES game without looking for a non existent translation patch.

I keep thinking there is going to be a way to have a piece of software that looks at the whole screen before the final frame makes it from the video card to the display, and translates any text to the desired language.
    The hard part would be getting the font and the background behind the text right, but what I have seen AI do recently makes me think that something like that would be trivial. I think it is only a mater of time before we see this type of thing with universal support.

Maybe ill give lineage 1 a try if I ever get my hands on this. XD
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sound like good ideas
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace