Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Taverns Bar fighting for money?

Viden33Viden33 Member
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Will tavern owners have a choice to build an extension (basement or another floor or building) for players to fight each other, while allowing specters to make bids on who will win? These extensions or buildings can be designed to only have a 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 option or even a 1 vs 2 option (If the 1 player is cocky enough). Though the limit or design will have to be on a far smaller scale to encourage people to use the city arenas designed to fight players. This could be used as a non-corruption building way for players to resolve conflict with each other, instead of waiting to pvp a player or have to travel off the freehold to duel or even travel to a military city arena. It could also be used for party leaders to test out player's skill, who are applying to their party while making money. I personally think it would be a cool feature to add as an optional build. As well as add many additional features to the game since a tavern is already a gathering point for players. I know that there is already a duel function in game but I think having a feature that incorporates bar fighting for money would be a nice feature.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    OXdZ4gr.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This is a unique idea. If they balanced the game around 1v1, this would have been an AMAZING idea but I will probably not be in your cellar to 1v1 as a tank unfortunately. I would like to see SOMETHING implemented that would allow me and my class officers to work with players on improvement. If we get the ability to "brawl" in an area, I would be able to test DPS and skill rotations without a dps meter.
  • Options
    Khronus wrote: »
    This is a unique idea. If they balanced the game around 1v1, this would have been an AMAZING idea but I will probably not be in your cellar to 1v1 as a tank unfortunately. I would like to see SOMETHING implemented that would allow me and my class officers to work with players on improvement. If we get the ability to "brawl" in an area, I would be able to test DPS and skill rotations without a dps meter.

Since ashes of creation really isn't centered around 1 vs 1 due to class weakness and strengths, having a brawl mechanism would change this idea COMPLETELY in a good way (in my opinion). I guess if it were incorporated where each character brawling can only dodge (duck left, duck right), punch, block, or kick (with either left or right arm, and legs) while eliminating all skills or buffs, it would even out the playing field for 1 vs 1. The health and damage function could also be evened out by allowing a specific amount of damage to be received and delivered. Keeping the damage at a even playing field would also eliminate level differences between new players and elite players. It'll be like street fighter without an special moves, just straight up brawling. Each fight could also be timed and who ever dealt the most damage will be the victor. I know I'm just fantasizing here but any thoughts?
  • Options
    Bar fights - yes. Non-Corruption - no.

AoC appears to want the killing of another player to have some weight and gravitas to it. Allowing too many loopholes seems to kinda cheapen that a little.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Viden33 wrote: »

Since ashes of creation really isn't centered around 1 vs 1 due to class weakness and strengths, having a brawl mechanism would change this idea COMPLETELY in a good way (in my opinion). I guess if it were incorporated where each character brawling can only dodge (duck left, duck right), punch, block, or kick (with either left or right arm, and legs) while eliminating all skills or buffs, it would even out the playing field for 1 vs 1. The health and damage function could also be evened out by allowing a specific amount of damage to be received and delivered. Keeping the damage at a even playing field would also eliminate level differences between new players and elite players. It'll be like street fighter without an special moves, just straight up brawling. Each fight could also be timed and who ever dealt the most damage will be the victor. I know I'm just fantasizing here but any thoughts?

Yes my thoughts exactly! I would also love so see a brawling system as described above just for the sake of solving petty arguments and settling disputes.
  • Options
    I like the direction this idea is going. What about characters of different sizes? Are the dwarves and short people supposed to go all Yoda on everyone taller than them? What about skinny and heavy weight people? Isn’t it weird to keep the damage count the same for all sizes? When bigger people obviously hit harder. Simple physics there.
  • Options
    If we wanted the system to be more realistic, the brawling could be based upon build and race of the character. If the Character is heavy weight or orc class, the damage dealt is slightly higher. Orc type characters could have a higher defense to satisfy their racial background. Elf type characters or thinner sized people would be more quick on their feet allowing them to evade and block attacks better. Dwarf type characters or small people can have an advantage by being smaller and harder to hit. Dwarf types are sturdier and can also take a good hit like an orc could- maybe not to the same degree, but they could also have a higher defense resulting in needing to be struck more in order to lose. This system could be one of the few to rest purely on the development of the character in race and size; gender doesn't influence how well a person can fight. Any outside combat experience or stats will not influence tavern brawling. This will allow a level 1 player to fight on even grounds with a max level player. If players want to use weapons or magic to fight, they can use the dueling function already incorporated into the game. This wouldn't be a fight to kill players. Tavern brawling can be used to provide good entertainment as people are relaxing in the tavern with their buddies while making bets if they choose to do so. It would be fun to see a dwarf kick an elf's butt in a simple brawl. Now that would add to some racial tension.
    Even if someone is significantly smaller doesn't mean they can't hold their own. As a mother once told her son, "You may be taller than me, but I can still reach below the belt." No matter the size of the character there is always a way to fight. The techniques are all different depending upon need and situation.
  • Options
    KhronusKhronus Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Viden33 wrote: »

I would love the idea of a simple brawl mini game! Give us super punch out in AOC but have each character an actual player. Now THAT I would sit around in a tavern for!
  • Options
    It's been well-established that there will be "tavern-games" - and yours truly would greatly be in-favor of seeing a balanced, even 1v1 system available for duels that can't be interrupted nor influenced, by on-lookers.

A "town duelling champ" record would be cool to find in the local Node library or records hall. Maybe it's something that a mayoral candidate can allow the election system to promote, about themselves.
  • Options
    NerdalertNerdalert Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No shirts, no shoes. Fights go on as long as they have to.
  • Options
    Trikyfizzz wrote: »
    When bigger people obviously hit harder. Simple physics there.

Really...?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/