Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

starting mount and leveling question

can we get other race starting mount later in the game? or it just limited to player that start play in that node?
can player progressing or lvl up, event they just doing crafting and trading? or player still need to fight monster to gain exp to lvl up?

Comments

• Options
    The mount you get from the starting quest is based on the race of the staring area. So a human starting in the Orc area will get the Orc mount.

from the wiki
    Each starting area will have a different quest line that will yield a different type of starting mount. But by default you don't just choose you know human and here you get a horse, so to speak. Because you can be a human in our game and choose to start in a different racial area- at a different Divine Gateway- and as such then you could follow the quest line that gives you the Orc mount.[43] – Steven Sharif

• Options
    Also from the wiki
    Leveling won't follow a traditional linear path, although classic mechanics for leveling exist.[6] Experience (XP) is gained through a variety of activities:[7]

PvP.
    PvE.
    Exploration.
    Gathering/Processing/Crafting.
    Events/Quests.

So yes you could level to max and never swing a sword or cast a spell. I would venture to guess that it would be much slower progress but it could be done.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    One thing to point out is that even crafters will have an incentive to go questing. I believe the top tier materials are going to come out of dungeons, raids, etc. I don’t think they will be “bind on pickup” so you can likely trade for those items, but I suspect that won’t be nearly as profitable as going out and getting it yourself.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    One thing to point out is that even crafters will have an incentive to go questing. I believe the top tier materials are going to come out of dungeons, raids, etc. I don’t think they will be “bind on pickup” so you can likely trade for those items, but I suspect that won’t be nearly as profitable as going out and getting it yourself.

Yeah, I want to play the full game. I want to craft, I want to raid, I want to siege. I don't understand why someone would pay the monthly sub to do nothing but craft.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I wonder what Tulnar will get in their *cough* TULNAR EXCLUSIVE starting zone. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    I wonder what Tulnar will get in their *cough* TULNAR EXCLUSIVE starting zone. ;D
    A chewed-up dirty boot.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    A chewed-up dirty boot.

Riding on a giant, chewed-up dirty boot would still be more interesting then riding on a standard human horse.^^
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Flying spaghetti monsters
  • Options
    A chewed-up dirty boot.

Riding on a giant, chewed-up dirty boot would still be more interesting then riding on a standard human horse.^^

fade7eba8da48a2365cc7f4593a185b2.gif

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    MorekMorek Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I heard that all Tulnar players are going to be given a Dwarf uhhh.... *helper*... to ride around on their backs and aid them in quest.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Morek wrote: »
    I heard that all Tulnar players are going to be given a Dwarf uhhh.... *helper*... to ride around on their backs and aid them in quest.

Oh, that pairing makes sense.
    The dwarves taming the Tulnar, sitting on those creatures to make up for the height they lack.
    I'm sure the dwarves will make great use of the Tulnar's natural inclination to earthen activities - no doubt the quest is to assist the Tulnar toward extinction. Does burying them down there actually work? Or are they more akin to zombies - fodder for Nagash's black magics?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options

giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »

The dwarves taming the Tulnar, sitting on those creatures to make up for the height they lack.
    I'm sure the dwarves will make great use of the Tulnar's natural inclination to earthen activities - no doubt the quest is to assist the Tulnar toward extinction. Does burying them down there actually work? Or are they more akin to zombies - fodder for Nagash's black magics?

“Who runs Tulnar Town?”

“Master Blaster runs Tulnar Town.”

“Say it LOUDER!”

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    maouw wrote: »

You ran like the children you so much resemble, gave up your mines and hidden citadels. Ran when you could have fought.
    WE STAYED, WE FOUGHT, WE BLED.

This is our land now traitor. Our mines and our citadels. You can of course return, but only in chains.

The "strongest" of your pitiful race shall be used as palanquin carriers, the rest gets to follow their dreams of dieing in our sulphur mines.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    You ran like the children you so much resemble, gave up your mines and hidden citadels. Ran when you could have fought.

This is our land now traitor. Our mines and our citadels. You can of course return, but only in chains.

The "strongest" of your pitiful race shall be used as palanquin carriers, the rest gets to follow their dreams of dieing in our sulphur mines.

"Fought" and "Bled"?! Pfffffffft. You ran and hid under the ground, instead of following the advice of the gods and leaving for Sanctus. Cowardice and stupidity. No wonder The Ancients didn't think you were worth the trouble of wiping out.
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    More likely it was laundry day.
    As the Acients went to the laundry they dropped a sock or two and "certain" individuals followed and we're running circles around the laundromat looking for more lost socks when everything back on Verra went boom.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    iletyouliveiletyoulive Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Will the skins we purchased in preorders just be applicable to the mount I wonder?
  • Options
    Yes
    You have to aquire the proper mount level then apply the skin to it.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »

"Fought" and "Bled"?! Pfffffffft. You ran and hid under the ground, instead of following the advice of the gods and leaving for Sanctus. Cowardice and stupidity. No wonder The Ancients didn't think you were worth the trouble of wiping out.

I spit on your weak gods!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    daveywavey wrote: »

Pretty sure lore has it as the tulnar ancestors couldn't make it to the gates so they toughed it out and the whole underground thing was probably using caves as a bomb shelter to survive certain DOOOOOM
  • Options
    So the Tulnar are like vault dwellers from Fallout but they were in a really unfortunate vault.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Sum12hate wrote: »
    Pretty sure lore has it as the tulnar ancestors couldn't make it to the gates so they toughed it out and the whole underground thing was probably using caves as a bomb shelter to survive certain DOOOOOM

"Tulnar stands for "the forgotten"."

Cos they were that ridiculous that the gods just forgot to save them! :p
  • Options
    See Dobi I told you no one likes Elves.
    No striped preciouses for you today.
  • Options

Okay so don’t give a Tulnar a sock or it will go free and might rampage.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options

Dont you mean elves? They always either run around half naked in the woods or live in mansions cleaning stuff.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

Dont you mean elves? They always either run around half naked in the woods or live in mansions cleaning stuff.

I'm definitely the naked in the woods type.