Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Gathering Events

I know Steven has hit on this before but I had a few ideas that would add some excitement for the gathering peoples. So I know he mentioned that while picking herbs you might pick a herb that's actually attached to a mob starting a fight encounter.

So its the same concept, but for all gathering. Imagine chopping a tree and it turns into a Tree Ent. However it's a silver/gold elite and it has a chance to drop rarer materials and perhaps it could even indicate what type of rare material it has a chance of dropping on its body.

For example a miner could hit a rock and it turn into a silver rare creature that is a rock golem. But this golem has purple rocks all over it, so it has a chance to drop the rare material amethyst. Or a Gold elite golem has diamonds and its and even more rare drop. The drop rate could be like 50% for silvers and 25% for golds.

Just a rough outline of the concept.

Comments

• IronhopeIronhope Member
    edited October 2021
    Sounds great, hope they do it.

Would encourage group expeditions for gathering, would make the game more sociable.

Not like threath of PvP didn't make it like that already but still, the more the better.

Can't wait for this experience
    maxresdefault.jpg

• I think the first five minutes after a node siege ends should be a massive gathering and salvage event. It's not grave-robbing if they haven't been buried yet.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png