Oxygen Loss

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Who is launching an iterative beta or alpha PVX? This holiday season - my opinion is that - Amazon stole the oxygen from Ashes. It is also my opinion that Darkpaw can merge with us for 500 x 500 pvp. I'm tapping my toes waiting. Get over it. <3https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRWfRfWcA0Y

Comments

• AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Amazon stole the oxygen from themselves. They released a very flawed game that's not even that comparable to Ashes anyway, since it's a survival game.

My prediction is that New World will be on its way out if not already shut down by the time Ashes gets to full release.

Hhak63P.png
  • Everquest franchise is owned by Amazon (aka New World)? Just checking.

No. EverQuest is owned by Daybreak which was acquired by Enad Global 7 out of Sweden.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I can't get hyped for EQ anything. The short reason why is that every time I have tried to get into any EQ game, there was already something out that did everything better. I know there are fans of the franchise, but no EQ game has ever been capable of keeping me interested.

Amazon has also only managed to put out a train wreak of a game. Originally, I was interested in the concept of New World, but they changed the game from an open world PVP game to whatever mess it is now. Maybe something positive will eventually come from all this, but I can't see myself getting excited unless I see something that looks extremely promising.

I don't think New world stole any oxygen from Ashes. If anything, it just made people more hopeful Ashes will stay on track and be good. New World has just enough things that are similar to Ashes that are poorly implemented enough to show people that a game like Ashes could work if done well.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Vhaeyne wrote: »
    I don't think New world stole any oxygen from Ashes. If anything, it just made people more hopeful Ashes will stay on track and be good. New World has just enough things that are similar to Ashes that are poorly implemented enough to show people that a game like Ashes could work if done well.

Yep. Totally agree. And if I were Steven, this is exactly how I would be positioning this internally to drive the team. Amazon’s execution failure is an opportunity for Ashes to land grab on stunted expectations.

I mean look at Battlefield 2042. The next chapter in an acclaimed series of hits. Total clusterfuck on execution, and was #8 worst rated game on Steam within 2 days. TWO days. Do you know how many games there are on Steam? That’s a ‘fire everyone and start over’ situation for DICE.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Yeah, I guess we’ll see. Though I’m going to shake my fist if Dunir end up with grass skirts and tiki torches. 🤣
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png