Shared storage

As it is said that storage won't be shared between towns. What about magic or science dominate towns? Can't there be a wornhole type storage, just like how TP is possible between science nodes.

Comments

• ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That is what the caravan system will be for, to transfer goods between villages and above.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Caravans
    ☼ Alpha 2 let's gooooo ☼
  • But shared storage is more convinient.
    More convinience = better game @Chime

They should also remove death penalties, create opt-in pvp, extensive fast travel and group finder networks to support extensive instanced pve coop content
  • edited August 2022
    I understand whole concept of traveling and all. But if some nodes can provide shared storage it will be their unique point. Many people would want to store imp stuff there. It can have its own restrictions like only certain grade items can we stored with capacity limited to nodes growth. Like if there's a minus there has to a plus in the game for all types of systems. Then it can be played by all types of players.
  • MaiWaifuMaiWaifu Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I think you might be thinking of economic nodes: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Economic_nodes
  • Warth wrote: »
    They should also remove death penalties, create opt-in pvp, extensive fast travel

Let's not start this again please, Steven has said many times (even again in last nights stream) that this game isn't meant to be for everyone and these are important elements what WILL be in the game. If you don't like it then this isn't your game.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
    But shared storage is more convinient.

They should also remove death penalties, create opt-in pvp, extensive fast travel and group finder networks to support extensive instanced pve coop content

Sounds like my man would enjoy NewWorld.
    Sarcasm aside, all of those things are why MMO's stopped being a special kind of social experience they used to be. Everything needs to be convenient and preferably not challenging so games can attract candy crush audience with no attention span or patience. There is a line between tedious and immersive but we can only hope that intrepid can balance it out so it is satisfying and engaging enough to travel and transport inventory.
  • I obviously like the "difficulty" without convenience. Shared storage as per me could be a unique factor for a particular node... again not any storage can be shared, only the "shared" can be shared among them. Is what I was suggesting. As not everyone can play everyday, right? This could become a "safety " for some few equipment(if they have any). What I am suggesting is very unique storage with many restrictions. This will not hamper what AoC team is already thinking for basic storage.
    We are here to discuss, let's not get toxic. 🤑
    But shared storage is more convinient.

I know you're just bein sarcastic/trolling, but knock it off. People will actually believe it and demand it lol
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • @Asgerr
    what are you saying? That i have to be trolling just because we have differing opinions? Thats not very nice of you.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I obviously like the "difficulty" without convenience. Shared storage as per me could be a unique factor for a particular node... again not any storage can be shared, only the "shared" can be shared among them. Is what I was suggesting. As not everyone can play everyday, right? This could become a "safety " for some few equipment(if they have any). What I am suggesting is very unique storage with many restrictions. This will not hamper what AoC team is already thinking for basic storage.

No.

There should always be a risk associated with held items. In freeholds and warehouses this is the potential loss of incomplete items.

Shared storage could easily be abused as a way to move items through the world without using the caravan, merchant vessel, barge, mule or simple player inventory systems that comes with the associated risk of a loss.

A player could just add items to shared storage, get family summoned to the node they'd like the goods and take them out completely circumventing the risk vs reward system and with alts we would gradually see people able to move large amounts of items instantly through the world.

Shared storage should not be added to ashes of creation.
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • Natasha wrote: »
    I obviously like the "difficulty" without convenience. Shared storage as per me could be a unique factor for a particular node... again not any storage can be shared, only the "shared" can be shared among them. Is what I was suggesting. As not everyone can play everyday, right? This could become a "safety " for some few equipment(if they have any). What I am suggesting is very unique storage with many restrictions. This will not hamper what AoC team is already thinking for basic storage.

No.

There should always be a risk associated with held items. In freeholds and warehouses this is the potential loss of incomplete items.

Shared storage could easily be abused as a way to move items through the world without using the caravan, merchant vessel, barge, mule or simple player inventory systems that comes with the associated risk of a loss.

A player could just add items to shared storage, get family summoned to the node they'd like the goods and take them out completely circumventing the risk vs reward system and with alts we would gradually see people able to move large amounts of items instantly through the world.

Shared storage should not be added to ashes of creation.

No! Again u gotta read my explanation. Not just anything could be stored. Purpose of this shared storage is not convenience, it's a selling point for a node. Like if I have to give an example,"5 items of grade legendary or above only can be stored and moved" Again this is to have a add to its unique traits. Not every type of node can do it. Just anyone among the 4 types. Also they can't be moved from this "shared type" to ordinary. They can to only be moved between 2 shared type storage or between shared or personal inventory. It cannot be transferred to a mule or caravan directly from shared storage. If in short I have to explain.