Worrrld Wrrrap

Please reconsider world wrapping the map. Sailing will be fantastic if there are vast oceans that actually can connect the major landmasses instead of running into walls -___-... or even worse, built-in systems that will wreck your ship if you sail too far out (ex. Sea of Thieves, Elder Scrolls slaughter fish swimming race).

Comments

• I'm not sure how I feel about this, it could be cool especially for immersion sake, but I'm also very use to flat maps especially in MMOs. Thats not to say wrapping wouldn't enhance the experience, but I feel like from a performance standpoint, it is not likely based on what they said in their last livestream.
    lhhbjnzu63do.gif

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited August 2022
    Couldnt care less. Leave it flat for expansions. Take my feedback. Take it all.
  • No. World wrapping limits the possibilities for world expansion when they add future game content.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • I think wrapping the map would make the world feel a lot smaller and limit future possibilities as others have said.
  • Nope. Leave it open for later.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Leave it nice and flat so there is much more to discover in the future of the game
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • The positive of not having World Wrap, is that if at a later point they decide to add more landmasses to one side or the other, then they can do so by expanding the map size, and not by having an continent that wasn't there before, suddenly emerge.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Leaving it flat helps them more easily balance risk vs reward for long distance trading and as mentioned keeps open the opportunity of additional expansion locations. The wrap would just make that so much harder to do.
    8vf24h7y7lio.jpg
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • The idea that future content would be limited due to world wrapping was considered when I made this post but I also see this as an opportunity for a creative force to innovate something none of us considered before when dealing with this limitation.
  • I think they answered this in a old Q&A with a No.
  • hmm, how would having world wrap effect trade?.. more available? or same
  • There are so many ways you can add landmasses in a fantasy game, that even if they did have wrapping, they could still add them in whenever they wanted.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fp2svffcmdi83yynpfpexo413mpb1qzxnh3cei0nx&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s