Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Anyone else liking the updated Vaelune concept art?

Thanks for all the work you do Intrepid Art Team!

The wide forehead, eye slant, and rugged features from a people "forged in the heat of the desert". I'm kind of liking it.

Especially the hawk nose. I know you can adjust the nose in the character settings ... but the concept art reminds me of a couple talented celebs with hawk noses: Adrien Brody and Barbara Streisand

When is Alpha 2?

xD

SSLivestream-2022-08-26-41%3A37.62.png
(Picture courtesy of the Ashes of Creation Community Wiki ...)

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    *meh*
  • Options
    Offtopic: Seems like Dygz discontent with the open sea "change" is leaking.

Ontopic: I hope we get to see the mentioned essence veins/influence in the character creator soon.
    While they look good, they do look just like grumpy, a bit pointy humans so far.
  • Options
    DolyemDolyem Member
    edited August 2022
    Warth wrote: »

Ontopic: I hope we get to see the mentioned essence veins/influence in the character creator soon.
    While they look good, they do look just like grumpy, a bit pointy humans so far.

To be fair, I would be pissed off too if I lived in a desert as well. But I actually love the look. And the teaser of them being involved with djinn definitely has me intrigued
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Really like them.
  • Options
    Warth wrote: »

Pve players throw the biggest tantrum when they dont get what they want :p
  • Options
    Feels like a persian vibe to me which fits the desert biome perfectly in my opinion :)
  • Options
    PercimesPercimes Member
    edited August 2022
    Despite all my professed love for the Tulnar, and plans to play one, I looked at Vealune for my main character, even if I have no fixed idea of the class. Simply from the flavour descriptive text for them.

That said, I really like the direction for them. Not simply a different shade of human with alternative stats, but having Djinn origins hints in their look. I'm curious to see how much we'll be able to push these with the sliders, but even if the traits are discreet I'm still in.

So far the races that interest me the most are Vaelune, Niküa, Tulnar and Vek. But I also like the Py'Ray and, since the redesign, the Ren'kai. Well, I guess when the game launch I'll be quite undecided and like all the races.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    LMAO
    Y'all the ones cross-posting discontent.
    With UE5 Character Creator - What they showed us of the Vhaelune is not a significant difference.
    More interesting if they showed us the changes caused by walking through the Divine Gateway.

*meh* = tantrum?
    GTFO
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3WHIT3ROS3 Member
    edited August 2022
    "Meh" is not exactly constructive feedback though is it? There is a concept artist working hard on these images and even though they might not be to your taste, offer some constructive feedback. It just comes across as rude and dismissive. Like many of your posts, I am discovering.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    It is adequate feedback.
    I was not responding to the artist.
    I didn't say it's not to my taste.

I'm OK with people thinking it was rude and dismissive. It's a free world.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3WHIT3ROS3 Member
    edited August 2022
    Ah, ok. you are one of those... A monotonous, scummy, rude, entitled shit stirrer that shouldn't be given any notice. Got it.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    LMAO
    My *meh* compared to your vitriol.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    *meh*

Now you're just being a sourpuss because of other topics lol.

The concept art looks great. I'm curious to see what options we get to play around to represent that Djinn influence they mentioned. I believe they said there'd be something like glowing cracks in the skin?

Does anyone have any particular hair stylings/types they think would be needed for them, but shouldn't be available to the Kaelar?
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    What is sourpuss about thinking it's not much of a significant change for a Human?

I was hoping to see something more drastic, like the changes to the Py'Rai or the changes to the Vek.
    Steven talked about the essence-like ruptures that appear in the skin of the Vhaelune when they step through the portal. That's what I'm keen to see.
    These images are OK. But they are typical of what we should expect UE5 Humans to look like in a fantasy setting.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Dygz so ... didn't you say you no longer playing ashes due to pvp on open seas? why you still giving feedback about races in a game you are no longer interested in playing? unless... you were just crying about it.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Because I'm still going to be testing some features in Alpha 2.
    I said I won't be playing. I didn't say I will no longer be supportng the development of the game.

Pretty sure I told you that already.
  • Options
    TheMartenTheMarten Member
    edited August 2022
    @Aeskill
    Aeskill wrote: »
    Feels like a persian vibe to me which fits the desert biome perfectly in my opinion :)

I think I heard it said in the Dev Stream they descend from Jen, so that would fit the "persian vibe" as well.

And to reply to the OP, I like it.
    ~Marten
    marten.png
    ​“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
  • Options
    ClintHardwoodClintHardwood Member
    edited August 2022

The wide forehead, eye slant, and rugged features from a people "forged in the heat of the desert". I'm kind of liking it.

Especially the hawk nose. I know you can adjust the nose in the character settings ... but the concept art reminds me of a couple talented celebs with hawk noses: Adrien Brody and Barbara Streisand

When is Alpha 2?

xD

I really like the visuals of the lady. She looks like she'd do a mean palm reading.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2022
    I really like their redesign, however: I actually really loved how deep their skin tones were showcased to be previously and hope we will be able to deepen it in the character creator.

ss-2022-01-31-01_01_04-00002.png
  • Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Dygz Everyday you make yourself look more of a clown
    Izil.png
  • Options
    Because I'm still going to be testing some features in Alpha 2.
    I said I won't be playing. I didn't say I will no longer be supportng the development of the game.

Pretty sure I told you that already.

And why would we wish for the feedback on a test from a player who has outright claimed not to like the systems and not be interested in playing the game?

Just because we need to take you in good faith?
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm stoked by the UE5 Upgrade to each race. I love UE5.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SerseiSersei Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

When is Alpha 2?

xD

I love it! Vaelune all the way!
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »
    And why would we wish for the feedback on a test from a player who has outright claimed not to like the systems and not be interested in playing the game?

I don't really care about what you wish for.
    There is one ruleset that will cause me not to play on the Ashes servers.
    That is not the same thing as "I do not like the systems."
    The UE5 Character Creator is a system I like.
    You don't have to care about that.
    You don't have to care that I think these images of the Vaelune are *meh* or that I was hoping to see more... especially the essence-like ruptures in the skin that makes them look significantly different than the Kaelar.
    You don't have to wish for any of my feedback... the ignore button will fix that for you.
  • Options
    I think these will make sick sorcerer/warlock-esque characters. Honestly happy that they added the djinn ancestry. It is a great touch to humans, making them not a bland "safe" choice which I find refreshing.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Kinda fits Intrepid's theme of having a traditional fantasy race (humans, elves, dwarves, orcs) and a somewhat unique take on the same races (djinn humans, dryad elves, beach dwarves, scholar orcs). I'm eager to see more of the djinn influence though.
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »

The UE5 Character Creator is a system I like..

That's not a system, that's a feature.

Of all the systems you could have named and you don't even name a system.

It's not about my wishes Dygz, it's about your crestfallen attitude towards a game you're not going to play influencing the feedback you'll provide. It will harm the game.

If you're noping out. Just don't do it in half-measures. For your own mental well being and the game's health going forward.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    That's all in your deluded head, my dear.
    And... I'm done with your derail.
  • Options
    PodPod Member
    This thread turned into a shit-slurpee really quickly but regardless

I'm really pleasantly surprised by the Vaelune concept art, they both look seriously good, especially the eyes and the jewellery.
    Each time they show new concept art it adds another race to the list of things I wanna play