Backpack, Belt and Pouches

AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Backpacks, Belts and Pouches are good described in the wiki

I would like to share my thoughts on this topic with some ideas that may enhance or deteriorate the system.

On backpacks beside what the wiki says that there will be different types of backpacks eter to gather or to transport i would like to add here:

that access to its inventory may be shown in UI however to interact with its content the player needs to be in non combat mode. so during combat he can not use items from the backback.

to the belt i would then add that the items on the belt are especially for use during combat and may bring a separate ui quick access to its content.
On the stack size the belt holds potions/scrolls that may stak to 100 however if a backpack is equipped the belt can pull the potions/scrolls direct from the Backpack//Pouch and so grant more than only 100 potions/scrolls like it would without a backpack/pouch.

in addition to what the wiki has described here some pouches:
pouches can be equipped to the belt and depending on their crafting level and rarity can hold more items in total and bring more slots.

The scrolls on the belt itself can be directly used in combat. In off combat all scrolls can be used from the Scrollpouch. depending on the rarity of the pouch it does have instant use slots. all scrolls on these instant slots could be linked to the UI and also used during combat.

A money pouch is also attached to the belt it is physically there and to be carried the more money the heavier it gets with the rarity the weight of its content is reduced to to point on negated on the highest rarity. May also have a maximum of money it can hold depending on the rarity.

poches could be enchanted to grant some effects like the insand use slots or the weight reduction. also may protect partly from getting lootet depending on rarity or enchantments.

In addition to the Backpack mabe a Fanny pack could be used that holds less usebels than a backpack but also weighs less.
especially if weight does affect the movement speed of a char.

Comments

• AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    the wiki says that on a belt 2 melee weapons can be attached.

i would like to see also tome, wand or other smaller to medium size weapons (except staffs, bows and others that are large and mostly 2 handed) well tomes are 2 handed but size beeing a book.

so would be nice to have the option to attach those to the belt as well and not only melee weapons.
  • MaiWaifuMaiWaifu Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    edited September 2022
    Yeah sounds cool.

Only thing that might not work is the money pouch since at the moment currency has no weight or cap. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Currency

It would be interesting to see someone decide not to equip weapons and carry bags and pouches instead.

You could fully roleplay being an alchemist and throw brewed explosive potions.
  • Asraiel wrote: »
    the wiki says that on a belt 2 melee weapons can be attached.

i would like to see also tome, wand or other smaller to medium size weapons (except staffs, bows and others that are large and mostly 2 handed) well tomes are 2 handed but size beeing a book.

so would be nice to have the option to attach those to the belt as well and not only melee weapons.

Yep, makes sense. This customization for backpacks, belts, and stuff is one of those small, but meaningful choices I’m really looking forward to seeing & testing.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited September 2022
    I actually like the idea of being able to use certain inventory items during combat in order to reward resourcefulness and situational/environmental awareness, as long as its designed and balanced around being able to do it.

Such as, using a grapple to access high ground during a fight to gain an advantage or to open up a means for escape. Or allowing the use of artifacts abilities with a limited amount you can choose to bring to that combat side, or a limited amount of actual "artifact usages" at a time.

Balance could be approached through ensuring there are both offensive and defensive counterplay, and ensuring all players have the abilities to strategically choose and obtain those options. Also, making sure the inventory mechanic can't be abused to give one player unequal opportunities over another. They could approach this by having designated "combat slots" for certain types of inventory items.
  • SapiverenusSapiverenus Member
    edited September 2022
    My ideas are superior lol
    No more gimmicky stacks. Javelin held horizontal behind the back to throw at teleporting mages with FPS aim. . . high power, could miss. . . could be a sick moment for the Fighter. Light or Heavy javelin? Does the fighter have low or high agility? Low or high strength?

Given that physical classes will have high strength and there are leathers stronger than any on Earth, having realism is good. Because with extremely strong fantasy characters executed with realism they can carry a backpack larger than themself and full of heavy stuff; but they actually look like they could carry it.
    The mage doesn't look like he couldn't do it and he really can't.
    The dragon looks like it could wipe entire armies of players out and it probably can.

Seeing someone hauling large and heavy stuff is just cool to see. Let the game have reality to it and demand it be executed well.
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My ideas are superior

kdmlse98q5zz.gif
    The world is beautiful whenever you're here. And all the emptiness inside disappears.
    xrds4ytk7z7j.gif
  • I wish there would be also a pouch which can be stolen. With very little loot. Just for fun. Maybe during PvP, players could beside normal fight, also try to grab each other's pouch.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • You just described no-holds-barred death matches.
    @Strevi