Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Accessibility options

I am visually impaired and I struggle to see certain fonts and texts in games, I would love to know what accessibility options there will be available, and what the overall font style will be in game, for example will the quest log text be different from item text? will it be faint italic writing? or bold larger writing? and will there be options to change and personalise this, like
NPC Names
item fonts
player names

Most games don't provide enough font options.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface
    UI settings
    User interface general settings. Alpha-1 Non-NDA screenshot.

User interface settings will allow detailed customization of Ashes of Creation.[2][26][4]

Player customization options are paramount when it comes to UI. That is a very subjective thing that we've all become- our own flavors we like out of certain components of the UI; and so instead of trying to force down the throat of our players a specific approach to UI, why do that when we can develop options and customization that the players can influence themselves: That includes color compositions, it includes text sizes, includes bolded, it includes options of which informations you're choosing to display, scaling.[27] – Steven Sharif

Selecting different UI flavors.[2]
    Resizing, moving, recoloring UI components.[27][2]
    Text sizes, text boldness.[27]
    Combat text, such as damage, criticals and crowd-control.[25][6]
    Target reticles appearances may be offered.[28]
    Combat targeting templates and decals may be offered.[29]
    Adjusting screen shake.[30][31]
    User interface scale adjustments may be provided.[27][32]
    User interface settings are saved locally.[26]

Various display elements can be toggled on or off.[27]

Character names.[33]
    Guild names.[33]
    Enemy names.[33]
    Party names.[33]
    Alliance members.[33]
    Helmet.[34]

Gameplay actors, such as foliage density will not be able to be adjusted by players.[35]

We will not allow players to to adjust the density of foliage actors in the world. That will be universal... There are going to be areas that are more dense than others. It's meant to be part of the a part of the world that players can utilize for certain purposes, like hiding in for PvP. However, there will be collision with those foliage actors and the player capsule. So as you might see that bush moving and think, "Huh that's odd. That doesn't look like wind. There must be something there." And that's the kind of immersion that we want.[35] – Steven Sharif

Steven himself is red/green color blind so these things are of importance.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    SongRuneSongRune Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There's a lot of information on the wiki's Accessibility Settings page.

I am lead to understand that Steven himself is colorblind, so you can expect some general understanding of the need for accessibility enhancements.
  • Options
    Have a look at the melee stream they did last month. They showed different a font style, size and some different colours to try. This is also something I'll be hoping to try out during A2.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif