Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation: FONT

Other popular games like Blizzard's Diablo franchise, or PacMan, Mario...etc... all utilize a unique Font, that becomes immediately recognizable by casual and hardcore fans alike.

I feel; having a uniquely distinguishable font for the title, that matches alongside the dialog/quests within the game- really helps to bring a visual cohesion and artificially lends a "style" to the game, which would further make it more recognizable to anyone who sees it.

I hope that Intrepid has plans (if they haven't already) to create a unique Font-style that is specifically tied to Ashes of Creation. Their own personal 'brand' (or flavor) of text that will become, in the future, immediately recognizable by the gaming community for decades to come.

Additionally; It would be fun for us fans as well, to use this Font in their fan-art & fan-fiction/stories.

Steven Sharif is my James Halliday (Anorak)

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”

-HPL

Comments

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2022
    This reminds me of Halo's font.
    So pretty.

(and all those Walt Disney fonts that get thrown around :D )

EDIT: what do you think of the font at the very top of this webpage?
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    ....and your problem with the most-perfect font of all times - Comic Sans - is..... What, exactly?

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    gn24q8zfq5bf.png
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited October 2022
    maouw wrote: »
    gn24q8zfq5bf.png

Most epic thing, EVER!

Time to publish.

• Options
    BaltanBaltan Member
    edited October 2022
    I know what you mean, that would be really cool I think, but I will say the font in WOW is just freaking awful and is to off.
    I have pretty bad vision (something like 20/50 with glasses) and my husband is dyslexic. Font that's "too" unique is a nightmare🤣🤣
    I was just happy to learn there's going to be good accessibility options🙂
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    No. They will not have unique fonts tied to Ashes other than their TT (Title Treatment). The in-game fonts and fonts you see on their site/forum and in emails will all be web-based fonts. Meaning fonts that already exists.

World Of Warcraft does not have unique fonts other than their title treatment, Arialn, Morpheus fonts etc. World Of Warcraft also uses Futura type family on pretty much everything else (web based font). WOW is also an OLD game. Times are different now. You want quick translations on things for different countries. It's easier in general to work with web based fonts.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options

Most epic thing, EVER!

Time to publish.

Haha! You peeps are the best. <3 ^_~

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • Options
    No. They will not have unique fonts tied to Ashes other than their TT (Title Treatment). The in-game fonts and fonts you see on their site/forum and in emails will all be web-based fonts. Meaning fonts that already exists.

You know this for a fact? Was it stated somewhere on the wiki or possibly in a Dev discussion? I'm just curious. Your answer sounds pretty confident.

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL
  • Options

EDIT: what do you think of the font at the very top of this webpage?

I like the style very much. I'm not sure how well it would work in game, but as far as 'game title' font-art goes; its quite unique & memorable. Maybe it might show up on "Wanted" posters in-game for Bounties to collect? Or in other various places. I just want the Ashes 'brand' to be visible to as wide as audience as possible- And i think a memorable font might help. /shrug

Lore-Banner-Ao-C.png

-HPL