Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions regarding the Gathering Livestream

edited October 2022 in General Discussion
1. Will all gatherables always regen back to full when a player stops attacking or was the gatherables health system not in effect during today's live stream.

2. At one point you see Steven hit a tree stop then start again. When he starts hitting the tree again it still takes the full 6 hits to topple.
Was this a byproduct of the increased spawn/life cycle of the gatherables or is this an intended mechanic?

3. Furthermore will you get resources per tick or only at the end as it was shown in the Livestream?

As players would you prefer a system where you get 1 lumber per swing or 6 upon completion?

Comments

• Options
    Good questions.
  • Options
    i hope they heal back to full if you stop attacking, to prevent people from interrupting your gathering last second and stealing your shit :P
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    i hope they heal back to full if you stop attacking, to prevent people from interrupting your gathering last second and stealing your shit :P
    And as the other part of that, I want to be able to stop someone from gathering if I see them harvesting a super rare thing. And if they can then just finish the gathering process in a second - I won't be able to do so.

Though we don't know if we even can stop people from gathering, so who knows, maybe it's not important at all.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »
    And as the other part of that, I want to be able to stop someone from gathering if I see them harvesting a super rare thing. And if they can then just finish the gathering process in a second - I won't be able to do so.

Though we don't know if we even can stop people from gathering, so who knows, maybe it's not important at all.

Yeah another good question is whether taking damage will stop the gathering.