Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What style of cosmetic pack would get you to purchase the A2 access tier?

I've personally been on the edge of purchasing A2 access for quite some time now. I really want to help give feedback on the game when the time comes and do my small part to provide Intrepid with as much data as they can get their hands on. However, the Voyager Tier is pretty costly, and I personally haven't seen any cosmetic packs in the last several months that really called my name. I don't plan on being a regular cosmetic purchaser, as I'm not that big of a fan of cosmetic shops as a monetization method, so for me to drop $250 on potentially the only cosmetic pack I'll ever buy, I'd want it to be something that I might actually feel tempted to use now and then.

I understand that the content in these cosmetic packs were always going to be / will have always been designed anyway and are simply tweaked skins of the game world and its NPC cultures / organizations. Intrepid may not be paying much attention to what players do or don't want in these pre-launch cosmetic packs, but it's fun to throw ideas out there into the universe!

Personally, I think I'd like something nature-related, inspired by the Py'rai thematic style. Trees, vines, leaves, mushrooms, moss, stone. Perhaps a bit on the darker side, like a mysterious druid theme. I love the idea of a unique stag mount skin.

What theme of cosmetic pack would get you to drop $250?

Comments

• Options
    I would like to see a japanese shrine priest/priestess witha kitsun/fox mount :P kinda style cosmetic if that pops up i would buy it otherwise ill keep sitting on it for either alpha 2 release date or something else i like that pops up
  • Options
    Sengarden wrote: »
    The one that says "alpha2 will definitely be happening this month". That's the theme I'm looking for.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    None, considering I already bought into A1 back in 2017

That being said, I've been hoping for a spooky pack for quite some time now
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022
    Kickstarter had a bit of everything.

But I wouldn't say no to more flowing dresses and petticoats.

I'd also like a celestial style flying mount. Something like the moon phoenix from Dragon Prince.
    x525wmsxwdhw.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Natasha wrote: »
    Kickstarter had a bit of everything.

But I wouldn't say no to more flowing dresses and petticoats.

I'd also like a celestial style flying mount. Something like the moon phoenix from Dragon Prince.
    x525wmsxwdhw.gif

Completely agree with you there! MORE DRESSES
  • Options
    ChocometeorChocometeor Member
    edited November 2022
    I will play a Mage so i hope we get to see more Dresses or a nice looking ''Robe''
    but i also hope they drop something SPOOKY again.
    I missed the ''Woe within the Woodlands'' set :s *cries*
    uwu
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited November 2022
    Some workers outfits for when we're gathering/crafting/etc, or serving in the inn: like Miner, Stablehand, Barkeep, Maid, etc.

Although these would also serve as a cool achievement reward for the artisan professions.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I don't preorder games nor do I play prereleased ones. So none.

Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Sengarden wrote: »
    The one that says "alpha2 will definitely be happening this month". That's the theme I'm looking for.

This is the pack.

But in all seriousness, Something that has a nature vibe. There was one a few months back that almost drew me in. Hoping this months might be something fall/nature related. At least from a color standpoint.
  • Options
    Gimme a Black hooded cloak with some worn leather armor and wicked sword I will by that shit all day.... still waiting for a Sith/rogue/shadow walker/evil/military mercenary/ bounty hunter/ Pack. That Sand scorpion almost made be pull the trigger, but without an Alpa 2 release date. why rush it....
  • Options
    I missed March 2020, Face of Sorrow (https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Face_of_Sorrow) it was called... demon like red on silver gear. But I did grab the September 2022 pack (https://ashesofcreation.wiki/7th_Lancer), silver gear with a red cloak and lion's mane on the helm. I like red gear or contrasting red gear.

I assume that with the extra embers that are provided with the pack, as well as other variations of existing gear earnable in game, all of us will find something we like.