Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class archetype combination question / suggestion & discussion

Hello,

I was curious about the combination of the class archetypes, what I wanted to know is when you mix 2 different archetypes will you get a mix of abilities or new abilities that combine the 2?

For example: If I mix Mage and Fighter will I have some Fighter skills and some mage skills OR will I have a whole new set of abilities allowing me to utilise magic with my fighter weapons?

Such as being able to use a Sword but then activate an ability to pulse flames through the sword for a increased damage attack with a burn effect of some kind or even a distance slash of flames for example would be really dope and make all the mix of classes even more unique.

I would like to make a suggestion for new abilities rather than mixed ones if thats how it is going to be.

I also would like to know what other people would prefer to see in the game? What do you know about whats currently planned and what would you want to see in regards to this topic?

- Vospha

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

The wiki is a wonderful resource, and specifically to answer your question:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes#Classes_by_archetype_combination

But using your example, you would have fighter abilities that would be "augmented" with the mage class so a very small variation on a fighter ability might be like you said, instead of a leap or a charge you would have a sort of teleport or a flame dash based on the augmentation. You will not be gaining all new skills based on the secondary but rather modifying what you already have.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Nova_terra wrote: »
    Hello,

The wiki is a wonderful resource, and specifically to answer your question:

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes#Classes_by_archetype_combination

But using your example, you would have fighter abilities that would be "augmented" with the mage class so a very small variation on a fighter ability might be like you said, instead of a leap or a charge you would have a sort of teleport or a flame dash based on the augmentation. You will not be gaining all new skills based on the secondary but rather modifying what you already have.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for this! This is great news, I was worried that it would be as simple as 3 Mage abilities with 2 Fighter abilities etc. But this augmenting seems like a really good idea!
  • Options
    Even Inteprid don't knows how its work

I think we can't mix skills, only augment for some commun skills in the 8 archetypes. We need wait more time to see this working good. Maybe 2 years..idk
    that's my opinion!
  • Options
    GroundBirdGroundBird Member
    edited November 2022
    I guess that if you would take Mage+Tank. You could augment the Black Hole and have it cast on yourself to draw mobs/players in. From what i understand from the Tank role, is that you pull aggro. I think a augment as such would be logical. Maybe a bit OP if you could teleport around with mobs/players hanging around you. Roleplaying as a vacuumcleaner would be "interesting" to say the least.
  • Options
    GroundBird wrote: »
    I guess that if you would take Mage+Tank. You could augment the Black Hole and have it cast on yourself to draw mobs/players in. From what i understand from the Tank role, is that you pull aggro. I think a augment as such would be logical. Maybe a bit OP if you could teleport around with mobs/players hanging around you. Roleplaying as a vacuumcleaner would be "interesting" to say the least.

Hahaha, I love that "role-playing as a vacuum cleaner" 😂 it would indeed be interesting! That ability for the tank sounds like it would be really useful in dungeons and raids etc. Would love to see how these 64 class combinations turn out in the future, going to be some crazy good combos.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited November 2022
    64 combinations is quite a lot, it's not easy task balancinand mixing these

I wonder if you can make a combination that is utter garbage and another that is completely broken
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    It's really not 64 combinations though. I mean I understand the idea but it's really just 8 with Mild variations. fighter/mage turns your charge from a physical charge to a teleport so you can go through obstacles like rocks etc. It's not 64 entirely different classes, but I am excited nonetheless for the small differences and what is powerful/useful or which skills change and to what degree as most of the skills will change like that but it isn't like you are a totally different class than the fighter/summoner for example.