Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Peition: Allow Food & Potions to be a part of Player's Loot Table Drop

novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
I get the clarification that, food and pots arent processed goods as it wil be classified as protected items and thus I'd ike to petition - these items should still drop.

I get the aspect that weapons and armor shouldnt (unless corrupted) but I don't see the issue with why food and pots not to be dropped.
It would even boost economy on these items as well. By allowing these to drop, will create more demand.
{UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sorry, thumbs down. I don't want them to drop any more than spare armor or weapons.
  • Options
    No I believe only resources should drop
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited December 2022
    Dropping finished items that contribute to your player power is a bad idea because it spirals. The more you die, the more you lose your potions and food (player power) so the weaker you are and the more you have to spend (time+resources) to get back your player power.

Unfinished goods and resources are potential player power. If you lose those, you can get them back presumably because you are not any weaker than you were when you got them the first time. But if you die with your potions (and lose them), you may not be able to accomplish your original goal because now you are even weaker than before you died.

Generally, it is important to have few instances of losing player power and when you do, it needs to be strongly justified (like you were griefing and are corrupted).
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    Sorry, thumbs down. I don't want them to drop any more than spare armor or weapons.

armor and weapons arent droppable unless ur corrupted (or red)
  • Options
    Tbh I'm against this, however this entirely depends on how accessible the items are. If potions and food are only aquireable through crafting. These will be high value and in which case, not enjoyable to lose. Nobody wants to lose anything on death, this includes basic materials. But having the bare minimum materials drop gives just enough feeling of fear and thrill that it will still be acceptable. Adding more and you will turn away much more players than you would bring in.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    On the fence.

I don't mind them dropping, if they don't have the same RATE as gatherables/processed goods.

10% droprate on food and potions is ok with me, as it would help deter people from just carrying massive amounts of it.

I believe these things should ABSOLUTELY drop from Caravans if they are being transported in Caravans, and should have the same droprates as Gatherables/Processed when dropping from caravans.

If I have 10 potions and drop 1 or 2, I am ok with this.

If I have 1 potion left and die and a 10% chance causes me to lose the last potion, it will sting, but that's okay.

I am basing this on the idea that there is no EXTREMELY powerful food or potion in the game to begin with, but even then it might still be fine.

So, lootable yes. Lootable at 50%, no.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Azherae wrote: »
    On the fence.

I don't mind them dropping, if they don't have the same RATE as gatherables/processed goods.

10% droprate on food and potions is ok with me, as it would help deter people from just carrying massive amounts of it.

I believe these things should ABSOLUTELY drop from Caravans if they are being transported in Caravans, and should have the same droprates as Gatherables/Processed when dropping from caravans.

If I have 10 potions and drop 1 or 2, I am ok with this.

If I have 1 potion left and die and a 10% chance causes me to lose the last potion, it will sting, but that's okay.

I am basing this on the idea that there is no EXTREMELY powerful food or potion in the game to begin with, but even then it might still be fine.

So, lootable yes. Lootable at 50%, no.

I can get behind this. maybe not 10%, a bit more
  • Options
    I'd probably prefer a way to separate low impact pots/food from high impact one. Low impact would be more abundant, but would also drop (in the same way as Azherae described), while high impact would be rarer and wouldn't drop.

Ideally the high impact stuff would require low impact stuff in its crating recipe, so that the low impact stuff would be considered an unfinished product, which would allow it to be dropped. So, in a way, what neuro said about player power, but still allowing for some of that player power to get lost.

And to me this makes sense, because if a low lvl player loses a few weak buff/hp pots but still has a ton of them - they've only lost a fraction of their previous progress. While a strong/rich player might use their strong pot/food to give themselves a boost, but then still die, and it would have a much bigger impact on their progress and potential power.

Ideally it would also be tied to weight/amount limits. Hell, I'd even prefer if there were special separate slots for food and pots that were limited in how much stuff they can hold. This way those rich players couldn't just carry both low and high impact stuff. I think this would tie nicely into the risk/reward structure. You either bring a ton of low regen cheap stuff with you, so you can't be as fast with your farm. Or you bring impactful stuff, but risk stronger mobs that could kill you or farm weaker mobs faster but don't have as much of a return on the investment.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited December 2022
    Agreed, I think they should have the same drop as materials

Otherwise people will have the most ludicrous stacks of potions and expensive potions in their bags without fear of losing it, then they will only use when they think they can win... this is weird?!

I think people should drop anything that is in their inventories

ps: to be honest I think greens/reds should drop 100% and purples 50%, but I wonder if any carebear around here would support the idea so im sticking with the "should have the same drop as materials"

edit: I'm not your everybody "I like PvP when I feel like it but if I drop one lesser healing potion then I cry" fake ass pvper

PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    MMOAddictMMOAddict Member
    edited December 2022
    No, if you want to loot other peoples stuff you should go hunt caravans/merchant ships
    sorry but thumbs down
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Let's do the count until now:
    • carebear team: 5
    • something in between: 2
    • masculine team: 2

good guys 4 x 5 bad guys

72zkkp.jpg

PLOT TWIST: potions will never drop, but they spoil in a few days, maybe a few weeks, even the ones in your warehouse/freehold/whatever container will spoil and you will lose all :#

Only mineral based potions would last way longer, they would also offer effects for longer time but the effects would be modest... great for dungeons, open world pve and gathering

Potions based on organic stuff like plants and animals would spoil very fast, the effects would be short lived too, but they would be extremely potent... these would be the potions for mad pvp and bosses

So nobody would hoard potions, everybody would have to make potions for the day or for the weekend, or buy a packed lunch of potions

For longer expiry dates you would have to store them in a cellar in a building or ship
  • Options
    truenoirtruenoir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't think it would be a big deal if they did drop but my suggestion is that you don't drop it all like say you have a stack of potions I think it would be completely fine if 1 or 2 dropped from the stack same if you had a stack of food but it gets unreasonable if you lose everything but that in terms of if someone kills a normal player.

When it comes to corrupted players I played a chinese mmorpg back in the day called conquer online and when you went red named it was like a 25% chance to drop 1 piece of gear and inventory they would lose a lot and that was after about 10 kills after about 20 kills your name went black and the chance was more like 80% and you exploded like a loot piñata and dropped most if not all of your gear and go instantly to jail where you had to wait for the points to drop off back to red name which could easily be a good 2 hour wait or could be months of keeping your character logged in if you kept killing people. It was obvious you knew what you where doing when you where killing people because you would go kill people mining in the designated mines or people farming monsters in spawns. So like harsh punishment was justified and the bounty system they had rewarded players for killing pkers too. And you could do quests or buy items that helped reduce prison time or just wait it out. Normal players loot was like 5% of the inventory at random and a percentage of gold carried like 10% and you could drop weapons and armor that where looted drops archers had arrows that had to be bought they could drop those too. That's why people would use warehouses at towns to store money and gold and not carry it with them when going outside of town.

Honestly I love those types of games because there's thrill on both sides of it. Some people who don't want to end up with consequences of the punishment system won't ever touch the PK option but those that want to its another level of giving them something to do and too it also means bots get hunted. The server didn't have any bots cause they would never survive to keep anything and revive killing Pkers was a big thing too even though it was only 25% chance to drop an item you would auto revive them and chase them and try to kill them again. But you would be surprised there was an honor system where if someone saw a pker attacking a group others would gang up to help kill it. So while you might be fearing the worse PKing doesn't ruin the game it has more benefits especially stopping bots from destroying the economy.
  • Options
    • masculine team: 3

good guys 5 x 5 bad guys
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Well... in my head I still have the same idea:

The player should decide how much loot he loses!
    If I want to lose 100%, then I should be allowed to

• I choose 100%
    • the other guy chooses 20%
    • then our drops should be set to the lowest, which is 20%, if I die I should lose 20%

Then in a 100% loot drop guy against a 100% loot drop guy, they will be gambling their entire inventory

Adults should decide how much loot they are adding to the pot, if you click the "I have +18 years old" in the EULA then you should be allowed to decide how much loot you will loose B)

Then the loot should be locked to my attackers if I die, only my attackers should be allowed to loot me

VIOLENCE AND GAMBLING, BABY!

• Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »

good guys 5 x 5 bad guys

Hey man, I don't like this measuring scale at all.

Are there going to be carebears in Ashes of Creation? Yes.
    Does that invalidate their opinions? No.
    Are there going to be girls playing Ashes of Creation? Yes.
    Does that mean they have to increase their masculinity? No.

Personally, I don't mind if potions drop because I think they should be easier to replace than gear.

However, that doesn't mean I'm a gigachad - my opinion speaks for itself, and I want to hear the deeper reasons others have for their opinions.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    i do believe Food and Pots should have a chance to drop but not 100% as if in the processed goods category, something around ~10% chance to drop and a 10%(dying as non-combatant) 5%(dying as combatant) and 40%(Dying while corrupted) amount dropped.

Why i think they should drop?
    To deal with hoarding of them and to not make them a completely riskless asset like gold while having functional power at the same time.

Why drop at a lower rate?
    Pots and Food are things that players are more than likely to carry around everywhere as they influence character power, therefore already a much more likely thing to drop at allon player death.

Good old balancing of risk vs reward, potions and food are straight up generic rewards without risks otherwise.
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2022
    I'd prefer if they don't drop, even if at a much lower rate. 10% or so wouldn't be a deal breaker though.
  • Options
    maouw wrote: »
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »

good guys 5 x 5 bad guys

Hey man, I don't like this measuring scale at all.

Are there going to be carebears in Ashes of Creation? Yes.
    Does that invalidate their opinions? No.
    Are there going to be girls playing Ashes of Creation? Yes.
    Does that mean they have to increase their masculinity? No.

Personally, I don't mind if potions drop because I think they should be easier to replace than gear.

However, that doesn't mean I'm a gigachad - my opinion speaks for itself, and I want to hear the deeper reasons others have for their opinions.

It's ok if you dont like, I already knew people wouldn't like it

But I made like that anyway, just as a joke even tough a few people would get annoyed by it :#
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    • something in between: 4

good guys 7 x 5 bad guys

ps: don't get mad at the classification, it's just a prick joke, but the counting is legit... I also used the purple color since it's the pvp color and the green if you can't spare to lose a potion

if you accept that losing a few is fine then you are purple already in my book
  • Options
    you got me under purple right?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    novercalis wrote: »
    you got me under purple right?

Yeap, just by bringing the subject to the table you are in the masculine team